Brady says there is a “zero” percent chance he will retire after the SB, regardless of outcome

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I enjoy the smack. Like I said. All in good fun. If I offended I apologize.

In the next 4 years?

nope 4 years straight, we are taking over .

3 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Can’t wait to sweep all 3 games next season...

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!??

we need to take that perfect record too.

So I guess we've all been hearing this same audio clip with Brady basically saying "I don't know why people don't believe me; I've been saying all along I want to make it to 45 in the league and that's my goal."

I don't remember him saying that, specifically.

But there you go.  I believe him when he says that. 

Three more season of him!  He'll turn 45 on August 3, 2022...

So maybe he plans to retire at end of 2021 football season? 

Maybe Father Time will accelerate the pace of that for us.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Or maybe Wade and the Rams D will accelerate it sooner!

The guy just wants to show everyone that he's gonna play until 45, like he's said a bunch of times already.

Regardless of his goals, age is catching up with him. NE switched to a power running team earlier this season and although Brady can still sling it if they need him to, I think it's become pretty clear that they'd rather not rely on him throwing it 40 times a game.

If the decline really speeds up for him I wonder if he'll be aware enough to hang it up or if he'll deny it and become a parody of himself. I vote for the latter.

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Nothin’ for nothin ‘, and certainly nothing against you, arcane, but I’ve been on this board since 2003.  As long as I stay within the bounds of proper board etiquette, decorum, and language, I’ll engage whom I choose.

I'm not telling you to stop, I'm saying that if I was a pats fan, or any neutral party, the exchange would have looked hysterical and like intellectual infancy, and not on the part of the pats fan here. 

As a bills fan reading it, it was just cringe-inducing.

Edited by arcane

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

I'm not telling you to stop, I'm saying that if I was a pats fan, or any neutral party, the exchange would have looked hysterical and like intellectual infancy, and not on the part of the pats fan here. 

As a bills fan reading it, it was just cringe-inducing.

I understand.  Sometimes, some of us are so passionate about our teams, that we DO seem infantile!

Edited by The Senator

Part of me wants him to just get the ***** out of my face forever. The other part wants him to stick around long after his sell by date just so we get to see him have a couple of awful years. Plus the Bills might finally have a chance of beating him. 

People talk about the Flutie curse. I think it's the Brady curse. I know we went to the playoffs last year but I still don't believe we'll ever be out of the dark until Tom stops drinking virgin's blood or whatever it is he does to keep his body young.

It's like Groundhog Day. Every year the bastard wakes up and sees a shadow... 6 more months of winter for Buffalo fans.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

So I guess we've all been hearing this same audio clip with Brady basically saying "I don't know why people don't believe me; I've been saying all along I want to make it to 45 in the league and that's my goal."

I don't remember him saying that, specifically.

But there you go.  I believe him when he says that. 

I think there's a good chance the Rams win. As great and historic as the dynasty has been, 5-4 will once again be a topic of discussion as it was before Atlanta folded.

21 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think there's a good chance the Rams win. As great and historic as the dynasty has been, 5-4 will once again be a topic of discussion as it was before Atlanta folded.

hard to see either side dominating, picking either team seems reasonable, especially if no money is backing it up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

hard to see either side dominating, picking either team seems reasonable, especially if no money is backing it up.

I'm gonna have a small bet on the Rams plus 3. I think it's the right side. Certainly not betting 5k. But it's definitely easier to spout out predictions when you have no skin in the game!

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm gonna have a small bet on the Rams plus 3. I think it's the right side. Certainly not betting 5k. But it's definitely easier to spout out predictions when you have no skin in the game!

[nodding in agreement]

a last minute FG, or 3 of them, might be the ending of this game

• Like (+1) 1

win or lose?

take this for what it's worth.

5fb900e932e68d745f84f0cffdafdb5b

“Madden” predicts a massive game from Aaron Donald on Sunday. (Getty)

Surprisingly successful 'Madden' simulation predicts Super Bowl thriller

Madden simulates Rams in a thriller

So if that means anything to you and you’re a Los Angeles Rams fan, here’s some good news.

“Madden NFL 19” simulated a 30-27 Rams win over the Patriots on Sunday.

Aaron Donald goes wild

But beat them elsewhere, the Rams do, rallying from a 17-3 halftime deficit behind a second-half offensive explosion and dominant effort from defensive lineman Aaron Donald.

Donald records four sacks in the simulation to earn MVP honors. Punching Tom Brady in the mouth is a formula that worked twice for the New York Giants in their pair of Super Bowl wins over the Patriots.

Meanwhile, Jared Goff outgains Tom Brady through the air with 303 passing yards compared to Brady’s 287. With Gurley limited, receiver Robert Woods becomes a star with eight catches for 104 yards and touchdown.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Cassell was throwing for over 400 yards some games, which was something Brady had never done to that point. What you saw out of Cassell when he left New England is essentially what I would expect of Brady if he left. Swap teams for Brady and Manning and Manning likely wins 10+ Super Bowls while Brady fizzles out of the NFL within 5 years and a handful of starts.

Umm...No. Manning was one of the biggest playoffs chokers ever....9 one and done......As Bills fans, we know more than most how Brady can be clutch in big games...even last year, in a loss, he had over 500 yards ....2 minutes left in the game, down by 4....out of all QB in the history of the NFL, Brady would be my pick...the guys just wins..... 

21 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

win or lose?

take this for what it's worth.

5fb900e932e68d745f84f0cffdafdb5b

“Madden” predicts a massive game from Aaron Donald on Sunday. (Getty)

Madden simulates Rams in a thriller

So if that means anything to you and you’re a Los Angeles Rams fan, here’s some good news.

“Madden NFL 19” simulated a 30-27 Rams win over the Patriots on Sunday.

Aaron Donald goes wild

But beat them elsewhere, the Rams do, rallying from a 17-3 halftime deficit behind a second-half offensive explosion and dominant effort from defensive lineman Aaron Donald.

Donald records four sacks in the simulation to earn MVP honors. Punching Tom Brady in the mouth is a formula that worked twice for the New York Giants in their pair of Super Bowl wins over the Patriots.

Meanwhile, Jared Goff outgains Tom Brady through the air with 303 passing yards compared to Brady’s 287. With Gurley limited, receiver Robert Woods becomes a star with eight catches for 104 yards and touchdown.

I think I’d rather just watch this over the real game

• Like (+1) 2