Brady says there is a “zero” percent chance he will retire after the SB, regardless of outcome

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

People who aren’t motivated by an inextinguishable fire to achieve greatness have difficulty understanding people who are.  

If money net was all he cared about he’d have already quit and moved on. He’d have way more sponsorship deals etc. 

he wants irrefutable GOATness

Then ALWAYS play by the rules, no? He's still the GOAT, but man, if I were him I'd be ticked that there is even the hint that some of my success was, shall we say, aided and abetted? 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hasn't he already said he wants to play to 45, over and over?

Used to be impressed by guys that hung on into their very early 40's like Testaverde, Krieg, or DeBerg, but they were still just hanging on, whereas TB12 makes it look easy for the most part. Wonder if Brees will give him a run for longevity/good production money, we'll see after this year. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Whats his motivation?

*Set all the records

*Doesn't need the money especially with his wife making more than him

With him being over 40 the risk of injury is higher, you made it this far why keep going and risk a bad concussion? Is he just trying to prove that his Tom Brady nutrition/training program is the fountain of youth so he can then license it after he finally retires or something.

Don't get it.

He loves the game, loves to compete and loves winning. Not hard to understand really.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are you sure about that? How many former HOF QBs are walking around with walkers? Kelly, Marino, Elway, Aikman all seem to be doing just fine and they were from an era before QBs were protected. Bradshaw can still move pretty good and he is much older and took some big hits.

I doubt Brady is going to worry much about aging poorly due to his football career.

And who cares if the Bill's beat the Pat's with or without Brady. Either way the result is going to be the same, both would be a win in the record books. Years from now only Bill's fans will care that they finally beat Brady, at the tail end of his career after being their whipping boy for almost 2 decades. It's not like Pat's fans are sitting around discounting their wins because they played the Bill's twice a year.....

http://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

‘“I already have two plates and 10 screws in my back now. I’ve got a plate and six screws in my neck. Now I’m having another back surgery. I go, ‘Come on, Lord! Please, no more.’ It is what it is. You just have to keep fighting through it. I pray every day that one of these days, I will be pain-free. So far, that hasn’t been my case in many, many years.”’ - Yeah, sounds like Kelly's doing just fine alright...

i appreciate all of those that want the bills to beat brady as he ages, but we know exactly what will happen.  if the bills start beating brady, we'll hear certain fans complaining that we weren't able to beat brady while on top, that it's not as special, blah blah blah. 

hell, the bills made the playoffs two years ago and it still didn't count for some people.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

The goal is to out-last Belichick and prove that it was all/mostly Brady.  

IMO, the Pats suffer and fall back to the planet if/when Belichick leaves.  

I know he wasnt a huge factor this season, but Gronk retiring will have a big effect on the offense.  Teams are going to be able to sell out for the run better.

24 minutes ago, teef said:

i appreciate all of those that want the bills to beat brady as he ages, but we know exactly what will happen.  if the bills start beating brady, we'll hear certain fans complaining that we weren't able to beat brady while on top, that it's not as special, blah blah blah. 

hell, the bills made the playoffs two years ago and it still didn't count for some people.  

Is it wrong to say it’ll still feel nice if the Bills can consistently beat Hoodie finally when Brady’s 29th year in the league rolls around? I’ll take it any which way we can get the W, and happily argue with other posters here about the “quality” of the W at that time. :P

Freakin Tom man...."Were still here"

I had no idea the world counted the Pats out Tom. 

We all had you guys pegged for 0-16. 

This guy is reaching for anything to use as fuel. 

Go make out with your son again you creepy bastard. 

Edited by Ramza86
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Used to be impressed by guys that hung on into their very early 40's like Testaverde, Krieg, or DeBerg, but they were still just hanging on, whereas TB12 makes it look easy for the most part. Wonder if Brees will give him a run for longevity/good production money, we'll see after this year. 

Brees is the only likely candidate to follow Brady into the high functioning 40's level.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Is it wrong to say it’ll still feel nice if the Bills can consistently beat Hoodie finally when Brady’s 29th year in the league rolls around? I’ll take it any which way we can get the W, and happily argue with other posters here about the “quality” of the W at that time. :P

me too.  a win will be a win against the pats.  i don't care how it comes.

• Like (+1) 2