Robert Foster & Tremaine Edmunds earn ESPN All Rookie Team honorable mention.

CEN-CAL17

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Once again the Top rated Rookie CB is overlooked. At least Foster got mentioned.  Probably because he should have made the team.

The top rated CB by 1 service. He had s great year, but Cleveland wouldn't trade Ward for him. Carolina wouldn't trade Jackson for him.

I always wonder if they factor in WHO the CB is covering. 

Edited by cle23

7 hours ago, cle23 said:

The top rated CB by 1 service. He had s great year, but Cleveland wouldn't trade Ward for him. Carolina wouldn't trade Jackson for him.

I always wonder if they factor in WHO the CB is covering. 

Thats a good point.  Its also probably amount of games played and INTs.  I remember Winfield never got the respect he deserved.  But in truth its the fact he plays in Buffalo, Jarius Byrd and Kiko should have both been DROY.

Foster really only played a prominent starting role in seven games and put up 27 receptions, 541 yards, and 3 TD's.  He put more yards up in one season with the Bills than three with Alabama.  It boggles my mind that he wasn't more productive at Alabama or why he didn't transfer schools.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Lamar Jackson over Josh Allen though?

Thats ESPN for you.

Jackson had better passing numbers and helped his team go 6-1 while making the playoffs.  

59 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Foster really only played a prominent starting role in seven games and put up 27 receptions, 541 yards, and 3 TD's.  He put more yards up in one season with the Bills than three with Alabama.  It boggles my mind that he wasn't more productive at Alabama or why he didn't transfer schools.

Yeah, I still don’t fully believe in him (the Bills didn’t either since they cut him) but good for him for improving through the year.  Hopefully, he will be a 3rd or 4th option as we improve the receiving core.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Actually he didn’t have better numbers and record is a team statistic. 

58% > 52%, 84.5 QB rating > 67.9. 2:1 td:int > 5:6 td:int

dude, if things were reversed, we lose our minds if Jackson was “picked” ahead of Allen.  This ultimately means nothing but if you did a poll of every non Bills homer, they would say Jackson had a better rookie year.  Doesn’t mean he will have the better career but it is what it is.  Not worth getting “upset” one way or the other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

dude, if things were reversed, we lose our minds if Jackson was “picked” ahead of Allen.  This ultimately means nothing but if you did a poll of every non Bills homer, they would say Jackson had a better rookie year.  Doesn’t mean he will have the better career but it is what it is.  Not worth getting “upset” one way or the other.

Dude, that’s the problem with merely looking at stats and if I were a non-homer looking at Jackson, I’d say he’s a carbon copy of TT.  And these opinion pieces are nothing to get upset over. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

allen had 18 tds to jackson 11, and had almost double the passing yards, i think with fewer games.  i don't care about the list, but allen was more productive.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, teef said:

allen had 18 tds to jackson 11, and had almost double the passing yards, i think with fewer games.  i don't care about the list, but allen was more productive.

Jackson started 7 games while Allen started 11.

imo, they are both at very similar levels at this point.  i would bet on Allen having the better career because of his arm strength but it will be interesting. It’s seem like the Ravens are building their offense around Jackson.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jackson started 7 games while Allen started 11.

imo, they are both at very similar levels at this point.  i would bet on Allen having the better career because of his arm strength but it will be interesting. It’s seem like the Ravens are building their offense around Jackson.

i think allen will have a better career because he's more of a qb.  they may very well both end up being lousy qbs, but i just don't understand how you can build an offense around jackon.  what do i know though.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Image result for cherry picking gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Image result for cherry picking gif

Yup.  We would totally say Jackson had a better year than Allen if he completed 52% of his passes, for more tds than ints, had a 67 QBs rating, and a losing record.  You guys are so objective!

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i can tie a garden hose in my mouth.

albundy_shock.gif

12 minutes ago, teef said:

i think allen will have a better career because he's more of a qb.  they may very well both end up being lousy qbs, but i just don't understand how you can build an offense around jackon.  what do i know though.

Yeah, I would probably bet that too.  Both will be gameplan we next year to stay in the pocket and bet teams with their arms.  Allen has the better arm so I like his chances better.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  We would totally say Jackson had a better year than Allen if he completed 52% of his passes, for more tds than ints, had a 67 QBs rating, and a losing record.  You guys are so objective!

really?  

i have no idea why you try so hard to tear down players on the team you're a fan of.  no reasonable fan would think jackson was more productive than allen.  i've seen you do this regarding allen before.  when allen was first on the team, you kept questioning why wyoming's record wasn't better with allen considering they had the 9th ranked defense.  you kept quoting the 9th ranked defense.  they weren't ranked 9th...they were ranked in the 20s.  when asked where the 9 ranking came from, you simply looked up the best stat on wyoming's defense which was 9th, and stated it was their overall ranking.  cherry picker galore.  why bother?  just be honest.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Doc, there were much better players at skill positions when he was there, and Saban used to favor the running game.

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Doc, there were much better players at skill positions when he was there, and Saban used to favor the running game.

I also heard he had some injuries which pushed him down the depth chart. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

really?  

i have no idea why you try so hard to tear down players on the team you're a fan of.  no reasonable fan would think jackson was more productive than allen.  i've seen you do this regarding allen before.  when allen was first on the team, you kept questioning why wyoming's record wasn't better with allen considering they had the 9th ranked defense.  you kept quoting the 9th ranked defense.  they weren't ranked 9th...they were ranked in the 20s.  when asked where the 9 ranking came from, you simply looked up the best stat on wyoming's defense which was 9th, and stated it was their overall ranking.  cherry picker galore.  why bother?  just be honest.

that member is pretty notable for pissing on the parade around here. cuddles up to other teams players and degrades those of the team it is supposedly a fan of. there's a few around this joint like that. 

but it's all in the stats, LOL

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, teef said:

really?  

Haha.  I was called a homer.

oMG!  ESPN ranked a qb who helped his team get to the playoffs with a better qb rating and better td to int ratio higher than our qb who had a 67.9 qb rating.  It’s a conspiracy and obviously ESPN just hates the Bills.  

I cant believe I have questions about a team that went 6-10.  I’m a hater!

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that member is pretty notable for pissing on the parade around here. cuddles up to other teams players and degrades those of the team it is supposedly a fan of. there's a few around this joint like that. 

but it's all in the stats, LOL

Who are you?  Haha, I was called a homer for years here.  Sorry, I didn’t love our 6-10 team this year.  Stop being sensitive.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

oMG!  ESPN ranked a qb who helped his team get to the playoffs with a better qb rating and better td to int ratio higher than our qb who had a 67.9 qb rating.  It’s a conspiracy and obviously ESPN just hates the Bills.  

i don't care about the list in the least as i already said.  i also don't think you're a hater.  i do think you go a bit out of your way to be critical of the bills, and you cherry pick stats to prove a point.  not a big deal, but people are smart enough to figure it out.   

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

albundy_shock.gif

Yeah, I would probably bet that too.  Both will be gameplan we next year to stay in the pocket and bet teams with their arms.  Allen has the better arm so I like his chances better.  

I'm trying to figure out why you're so headstrong about this?  This is a subjective topic.

You want to criticize the player and the fan base and while box score scouting.   It's like you're determined to make anything about Allen vs Jackson pro Jackson.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm trying to figure out why you're so headstrong about this?  This is a subjective topic.

You want to criticize the player and the fan base and while box score scouting.   It's like you're determined to make anything about Allen vs Jackson pro Jackson.

I bet he’s the type of guy to throw out the first pitch from halfway between the bump and home plate.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I cant believe I have questions about a team that went 6-10.  I’m a hater!

Who are you?  Haha, I was called a homer for years here.  Sorry, I didn’t love our 6-10 team this year.  Stop being sensitive.

don't credit yourself man. I'm far from sensitive. I was just pointing out the obvious. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, teef said:

i don't care about the list in the least as i already said.  i also don't think you're a hater.  i do think you go a bit out of your way to be critical of the bills, and you cherry pick stats to prove a point.  not a big deal, but people are smart enough to figure it out.   

I've been lurking more than anything else lately.... doesn't it seem like he recently really put it into overdrive after allens strong finish?

allen finishes out his 6 games showing progression and basically as a one man team and instead of optimism about said progress, he really kicks it into another gear he doubles down on the criticism..... whats up with that??

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Like I said, if the Bills had Jackson, I’d be saying they drafted TT v2.0. I would love for Josh to have (had) Jackson’s offensive personnel around him. 

heck he went 5-6 with this team.... can  you imagine what he would have done with that run game, guys like brown and crabtree outside, and the #1 scoring D behind him?

Brown was having a nice year and the turn to Jackson basically rendered his game obsolete. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I've been lurking more than anything else lately.... doesn't it seem like he recently really put it into overdrive after allens strong finish?

allen finishes out his 6 games showing progression and basically as a one man team and instead of optimism about said progress, he really kicks it into another gear he doubles down on the criticism..... whats up with that??

i honestly don't know.  i'm not completely sold on allen yet either, but he did a lot of good after the return from injury.  there's not need to over embellish his success, but there's no reason to twist it into a negative either.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Like I said, if the Bills had Jackson, I’d be saying they drafted TT v2.0. I would love for Josh to have (had) Jackson’s offensive personnel around him. 

Came here to read about Foster and Edmunds, wound up reading a Jackson v. Allen debate...but there ya go^

Jackson's entire game is predicated on the RPO and being a successful runner. Chargers were able to minimize this impact and forced him to be more one-dimensional in their second meeting. Credit where credit is due, the offensive scheme and approach by the Ravens with Jackson maximized his strengths and built upon his RPO scheme familiarity. Whether he can develop beyond that scheme, the offensive personnel is retained, and whether or not he succeeds in the NFL as a QB is entirely dependent on his performance next year. Unless they are able to evolve the scheme, it's likely that defenses will be able to effectively counter the Raven's RPO once enough tape is there. Many will attempt to replicate the Chargers' playoff model at first.

While I don't say this in attempt to discredit Jackson (as he was the only rookie QB to make the playoffs), I question how much of it was Jackson vs. the rest of the team, and not having any real tape to study the scheme and player until the Chargers playoff meeting. That being said, I do think the Ravens had a better chance of winning that game with Flacco - even though I'm not a Flacco guy, still felt he gave them the best chance to win there.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

The fact that we desperately needed help at LB and WR and we have two very promising ones getting league-wide attention is enough for me man.

Foster was a stroke of genius by Daboll.   I think the kid has to have an all time record having more  receiving yards in his NFL rookie season than all of his college yards combined.  Too lazy to look it up but it's damn close I know that.

I also know if you take the kids stats from week 10 on and look at what it would have been over a full 16 games, it's ELITE production.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2