Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating

Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Approve Sean McDermott As Bills HC?

• Yes, I approve
    • No, I don’t approve

15 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I voted No approval...

-The Love for Nathan Peterman is almost sickening.

-He doesn't answer any questions with Answers.... just gives us a bunch of words smh.

-Even though the team last year wasn't that good... had a shot to win a big game against the Chargers, & he bench Tyrod for Peterman. That game cost us to cross our fingers, for Andy Dalton miracle to Tyler Boyd 

-He traded away our 11th pick to the Chiefs...instead of just taking Mahomes or Watson.

- Choosing to RIP apart the roster was a little unnecessary, could have kept some of our players for 2018 if he would have just drafted Mahomes or Watson in 2017. 

- Not having a plan for our rookie QB after drafted... no O-Line, No WR's, Running game was effected because of some of the unnecessary moves. 

- The biggest one of all... Is realizing as a coaching staff McCarron wasn't going to make this roster, cuts him. Then announces Peterman as his week 1 starter, & doesn't replace a veteran presence to help both Josh & Peterman out. Those 2 pretty much had to bounce ideas & screw ups off each other before Anderson was signed. Then it took a 3rd or 4th time (I can't remember cause it just shouldn't have been that many times!!!) Of starting Peterman to realize "this kid just doesn't have the juice" to get rid of him. WOW! We were literally a joke for half the season because of the way McBeane mishandled the QB position. 

There's ways to get a QB, McDermott's way was just a little unnecessary. But I'm still in the middle. I don't like his clock management but like Allen... I think it will get better. So I don't want to ding him for that too much. I do like his core values but that doesn't mean he's a winner. Like how he gets fired up for the plays when we're struggling as a team. His heart is in the right place but so was Dick Jauron's heart. 

The only point I would argue is that McD is not responsible for signing players which you claim is the biggest issue.  He cut AJ and is on Beane to get another player in there which he admitted he took too long to get. 

Can't or won't argue with most of the others you said. Some is hindsight but others are right on. 

I do not want McD fired. Or Beane, for that matter.

BUT

I just don't see how this season was anything other than woefully mismanaged.

Looking back at the evolution of how Allen's development, and the plan surrounding him changed, nothing they did made much sense. He was drafted as a "raw talent" who would need time to sit, and learn. The most common consensus on him on draft night was that he was the least NFL ready of the top prospects. And so, he was put into a three-way QB competition (which he lost) with the likes of AJ McCarron, and Late Nate Peterman. 

And, somehow, it was decided that Late Nate would be the starter? With Allen as his backup? And, why should we need anything even remotely resembling a vet presence? What the hell was that???  

Then, after the inevitable happened (Nate crapped the bed), Allen gets thrown in with: the worst receiving corp, and the fourth worst O-line in the league. Are there two units more important to a QB's development than those? NOPEOf course Allen got injured. Ignoring the O-line, and receiving corps was utterly irresponsible under the circumstances.

It was a month into the regular season that they signed a vet mentor, and reasonable QB alternative. 

No matter how you slice it. Whatever one's theory on McD's philosophy going into the season-- whether it was a "win now," a rebuild, a purely developmental year for Allen, or even a straight up tank-- the mismanagement of this team, and of Allen in particular, was egregious. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I do not want McD fired. Or Beane, for that matter.

BUT

I just don't see how this season was anything other than woefully mismanaged.

Looking back at the evolution of how Allen's development, and the plan surrounding him changed, nothing they did made much sense. He was drafted as a "raw talent" who would need time to sit, and learn. The most common consensus on him on draft night was that he was the least NFL ready of the top prospects. And so, he was put into a three-way QB competition (which he lost) with the likes of AJ McCarron, and Late Nate Peterman. 

And, somehow, it was decided that Late Nate would be the starter? With Allen as his backup? And, why should we need anything even remotely resembling a vet presence? What the hell was that???  

Then, after the inevitable happened (Nate crapped the bed), Allen gets thrown in with: the worst receiving corp, and the fourth worst O-line in the league. Are there two units more important to a QB's development than those? NOPEOf course Allen got injured. Ignoring the O-line, and receiving corps was utterly irresponsible under the circumstances.

It was a month into the regular season that they signed a vet mentor, and reasonable QB alternative. 

No matter how you slice it. Whatever one's theory on McD's philosophy going into the season-- whether it was a "win now," a rebuild, a purely developmental year for Allen, or even a straight up tank-- the mismanagement of this team, and of Allen in particular, was egregious. 

Who cares,  season is over and the Bill's have a top 10 pick. They wouldnt have gone anywhere but a worse draft pick if they did it any different.  I am glad they screwed up the QB position b.c it lead to a top 10 pick, and allowed Allen to play which was most important. 

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm in the middle. After last season felt great but some of the same mind numbing things a detail oriented, process guy did last year, he continued to do them this year. 

Such as?

This team progressed as the season went on.

McD admitted KB was a mistake by cutting him.

He benched Clay late in the season/ healthy scratch. 

I watched an Offense that was capable of working if stocked with capable linemen and receivers.

He didn’t lose this team during the rough stretches.

He still has things to learn as a coach but he’s on s learning curve too.

Unless there is some crazy lockeroom revolt and he completely loses this team next season, I want him to have a minimum of 2 more years.

• Like (+1) 7

One of the more smooth total tear down and rebuilds I've seen.

YR 2 of McBeane together this off season.

Saw a lot of good, including the willingness to admit mistakes or clear out previous mistakes.

Has gotten the most out of mediocre talent. Some of this was self imposed, but was necessary to build for the future.

They have guts and a bit of humility.

I'm onboard.

• Like (+1) 5

My no vote is due to his questionable game management and conservative decision making. Until he proves he can win with these flaws and a defense-first approach, I'll withhold my approval. 

That being said, great start to the off-season with the staff changes. The future is bright, but it has before and I've only been burned. 

• Like (+1) 1

Had the pleasure of having a chance dinner with one of the mothers of a correct Bill's player. She said he absolutely loves playing for McDermott.  Having a coach that is as passionate about the game as the players is critical.  Says he listens to the players and communicates really well but is absolutely in control.  

She mentioned that her son after playing for other coaches would want nobody different.  

Speaks volumes about his expectations and his desire for excellence.  

I think we are lucky after years of mediocrity. 

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I feel like another option should be available.  I like what he is doing but he does have some issues with game management IMO. 

I guess you could say he's doing good enough at this point. 

Yeah you ever see a presidential approval rating?  There’s two options.  Not doing a 3rd

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Yeah you ever see a presidential approval rating?  There’s two options.  Not doing a 3rd

Wait! If you’re going to make him President, then I agree.........the whole clapping thing has to go.