NFL fines Jordan Mills more than Kiko and Quinn

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Pete said:

take away- cheap shot someone-then call them a pansy-avoiding Carlins 7 words we aren't allowed to say.  ok 

nfl, got it

It's also strange because this isn't really Alonso's first time. Maybe the first time with that particular foot or something.

Edited by vincec

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

There's an official schedule of fines the NFL publishes.  Mills was fined the minimum for a first-time penalty for "excessive profanity/other unsportsmanlike conduct."  Kiko and Quinn were find the minimums for a first-time "striking/kicking/kneeing/face mask/late hit" (Kiko I presume for kicking, Quinn I'm not sure.)

The fines were applied fairly...it's just that the rules are *****, when the fine for "excessive swearing" is less than the fine for kicking someone in the face.

But #Dirty*****ingKiko is not a first-time offender.  He's been fined multiple times.  What, just because he kicked Josh, it resets it to a first-time kicking offense?  ***** ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

But #Dirty*****ingKiko is not a first-time offender.  He's been fined multiple times.  What, just because he kicked Josh, it resets it to a first-time kicking offense?  ***** ridiculous.

Apparently, yes.  He was fined more for not hitting Ryan Fitzpatrick last season.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

There's an official schedule of fines the NFL publishes.  Mills was fined the minimum for a first-time penalty for "excessive profanity/other unsportsmanlike conduct."  Kiko and Quinn were find the minimums for a first-time "striking/kicking/kneeing/face mask/late hit" (Kiko I presume for kicking, Quinn I'm not sure.)

The fines were applied fairly...it's just that the rules are *****, when the fine for "excessive swearing" is less than the fine for kicking someone in the face.

so by NFL Head Office logic the Bills should kick Brady in the face but pay him flowery compliments while doing so

59 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

so by NFL Head Office logic the Bills should kick Brady in the face but pay him flowery compliments while doing so

Don't forget: same office that grants a two game suspension for beating a woman, but tacks on 14 more if you're caught on video doing it.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Don't forget: same office that grants a two game suspension for beating a woman, but tacks on 14 more if you're caught on video doing it.

the question is, does Brady identify as a man or woman during the kicking?

so we are in agreement, bring in Hunt?

PS - I am serious

Edited by RocCityRoller

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

There's no schedule of fines for "Trying to be unnecessarily rough."  

How about failure at unnecessary roughness? Or for that matter, failure to wear a shirt that fits you?

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's one of the reason's it's not absurd.  It's objectively based on what happens, not subjectively based on an arbitrary measure of the player's failed intent.

The reason it's absurd is because it weighs swearing at an official as roughly four times as bad as swearing at another player, which is still higher than kicking a player in the head.  

And again...Kiko was fined for kicking Allen in the head.  He was fined for what actually happened, not what didn't happen but could have.

Ok, let's give Kiko an absurdly low fine because, even though he had the intent to do so, he failed to destroy Josh only because of pure dumb luck.

Gotcha.  

Edited by Peter

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's one of the reason's it's not absurd.  It's objectively based on what happens, not subjectively based on an arbitrary measure of the player's failed intent.

The reason it's absurd is because it weighs swearing at an official as roughly four times as bad as swearing at another player, which is still higher than kicking a player in the head.  

And again...Kiko was fined for kicking Allen in the head.  He was fined for what actually happened, not what didn't happen but could have.

I blame the union.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Breaking news: Zeke Elliott fined $34,231 due to wearing tiny shirts  

Your not serious are you?

One thing that isnt talked about is the initial tackler seems to be holding Allen up for the hit....or is that just me?

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

One thing that isnt talked about is the initial tackler seems to be holding Allen up for the hit....or is that just me?

I wish that was true. One of my biggest pet peeves are the guys that wear shirts 2 sizes too small (Zeke and Alonso the 2 that stick out the most). 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

He was also grabbing his face mask when Allen was going down. 

• Like (+1) 1

Remember, the NFL is all about player safety.  I'm sure after this result that Kiko will realize it's not worth taking a similar run at QBs going forward.

...honestly, someone is going to take this chump out, and the NFL's gonna act shocked and come down hard on the person who does it, in a typically hypocritical move to deflect blame from themselves.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, sodbuster said:

It makes sense when you recall that the NFL doesnt give half a brown crayola about player safety.

Actually it is the NFLPA who opposed many of the safety rules including requiring of wearing of pads.  They are also defending players fined for hitting other players while they should be at minimum neutral.

• Like (+1) 1