All-Pro Team Selections (No Bills)

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I disagree with no probowlers but The All-Pro list if different.  They are thebest of the best.  The only guy we have in my mind that could make it is Poyer.  So Im fine with this.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not bothered by the lack of Bills on the list.  I only called it out in the title to save people time from looking. 

Gilmore though.....

Gilmore had an amazing year - in a relatively down year for cornerbacks generally.  He was by almost all accounts (including PFF's) the top cornerback in football in 2018.  I don't know why you're surprised by this?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gilmore had an amazing year - in a relatively down year for cornerbacks generally.  He was by almost all accounts (including PFF's) the top cornerback in football in 2018.  I don't know why you're surprised by this?

Because ***** him. 

That’s as sound and logical argument as I can give. 

I’ll accept your apology in the form of flowers or butterfly kisses

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Because ***** him. 

I don’t hate him, but I’ll say ***** him too.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing that held Gilmore back from being elite in Buffalo, was he always got called for holding at important times in the games. In New England those holds aren't being called. He's the same player, just shows the influence the NFL as in the outcome of games

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

Brees should’ve been 1st team QB. :thumbdown:

Penalized because he’s been elite for so long I guess? Not a good excuse but whatever. Some of these AP voters are nothing but casual fans. Mahomes is the new hotness everyone wants to hop on his jock.

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Because ***** him. 

He's that good.

It's easy to envision a situation where Lynn was retained as HC(with Gus Bradley as DC)........Gilmore kept via franchise tag or otherwise........Mahomes or Watson selected at QB and the Bills end up real contenders the last two seasons versus Jauron Ball last year and re-build this year.

Instead of a fork in the road the Bills typically come to a dead end with every new regime hire.

Nothing they do typically really matters much to the league nor does it change their fortunes much.

But the McDermott choice and the subsequent decisions may prove incredibly impactful to the Chiefs/Texans/Chargers and Bills organizations and to a lesser but certainly noteworthy extent teams like Philadelphia, LA Rams,  Patriots and Jags who were also bolstered by Buffalo's tear down.

Hopefully the build proves worth it and McD/Allen lead the Bills to greatness but if nothing else they've had a huge impact on the current state of the NFL with their decisions.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The thing that held Gilmore back from being elite in Buffalo, was he always got called for holding at important times in the games. In New England those holds aren't being called. He's the same player, just shows the influence the NFL as in the outcome of games

Gilmore always had poor starts to the season and then ramped it up in the second half. Perhaps this year he finally put a full season of good play together.

1 hour ago, youngjebrey said:

2nd overall defense in the nfl and not 1 all-pro. 

Sad. 

2nd overall in yards allowed, but not really a big play defense.  They didn't score a defensive touchdown, were tied for 25th in sacks, although t-7th in INT and fumble recoveries.  One thing I like is t-8th (36.5%) of stops on 3rd down. There are some encouraging signs though, but I expect that after 2 off-seasons largely spent re-stocking the defense in McCoach's image.  

I'm just surprised, on another note, that no one's mentioned LVE being named 2nd team All-Pro yet. :devil:

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Penalized because he’s been elite for so long I guess? Not a good excuse but whatever. Some of these AP voters are nothing but casual fans. Mahomes is the new hotness everyone wants to hop on his jock.

Or Mahomes had almost 20 more tds, carried the 2nd worst defense, and lost his star rb.  But it’s a conspiracy!!!

55 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Two minute warning and down by 4 with no time outs.   Down by 4.   Would you go with the offense or defense in this situation?

The answer to that question for the Bills organization is "defense"..........and it applies for every season since 1995.

I think you believe your statement proves a point it does not though.

I love me some Tre White and I think Edmunds was a worthy selection and $100M in cap room is swell if you can get value..............but 31 teams in the NFL would take having drafted Patrick Mahomes and having to pay Gilmore top dollar to be the best CB in the NFL over Tre/Edmunds/space.    

Mahomes alone is hands down the player with the most value in trade in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s ok if I wear socks with slides right?

Nope. Might pass for OK on a cruise ship but that’s about it. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

File it in who cares bin. Bills secondary is doing just fine without ol’ Steph around. Still wouldn’t have paid him. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The answer to that question for the Bills organization is "defense"..........and it applies for every season since 1995.

I think you believe your statement proves a point it does not though.

I love me some Tre White and I think Edmunds was a worthy selection and $100M in cap room is swell if you can get value..............but 31 teams in the NFL would take having drafted Patrick Mahomes and having to pay Gilmore top dollar to be the best CB in the NFL over Tre/Edmunds/space.    

Mahomes alone is hands down the player with the most value in trade in the NFL.  

For the Bills...yes it's defense.

But with the All Pro Offense vs All Pro Defense.....I think I would go offense in this case.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or Mahomes had almost 20 more tds, carried the 2nd worst defense, and lost his star rb.  But it’s a conspiracy!!!

Mahomes deniers. 

Hop off Drew's jock boys! What the heck has Drew ever done for us!

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nah I got you Mahomes deserves it I am just a Brees stan I guess. Hey he got 2nd team all-pro that’s something.

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Penalized because he's not going to be MVP. You're jockhopping someone if you want old man Brees instead of new NFL talent Mahomes. 

Also Gilmore's playing his best ball in NE, so we aren't as privy to that as we're used to. Of course he's playing on team with an offense that keeps the opponent passing, he's got a much better safety than he had in Buffalo. Maybe he's not making those crappy tackles and maybe all his safety *****ing was legit.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P