Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?

Gugny

Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?

• Stay - It's part of the gameday experience
    • Go - It's obnoxious and Useless
    • Indifferent

16 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

What are u still doing at the clubs after 20yrs lol. Me myself im more of a bar scene kind of guy. I can actually hear what people are saying when they talk. Idk once i hit 38 didnt care to much bout dancing anymore. 

I'm the same tbh. Once you reach a certain age it takes a bit more effort to get you in the dancing mood & even then it can be a workout, so theres a time & place for it for sure.  But I've been an electronic music dj since I was shoot 20, so I have friends who are promoters & run nights at various spots around town where I'll get an occasional gig or make an appearance. I produce my own music these days because I've moved beyond that younger lifestyle, but still know enough that you can do better than blast some ghastly train whistle every other minute :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

I said Go, just because I think they over do it.

Train horn and shout song should go imo- its tired and time for something new. 

17 minutes ago, youngjebrey said:

Don’t really have an opinion on the train horn one way or another but I may have another unpopular opinion....

The shout song needs to go. Can’t stand it, I hate it, I hate when people try to start it. It’s like sweet Caroline at Fenway. It’s run it course.

Bingo- the shout song is horrible, old, and annoying. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Would love to see the train horn replaced with a bunch of Alphorn players decked out in Bills garb.

I can't really think of a connection between the Alphorn and the Buffalo Bills, but what the hell.

Could be cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

Riiiiicolaaaaaaa

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Personally, I love the damn thing.  I even have a train whistle at home that I'll blow on 3rd downs from time to time.

It seems that many fans hate the horn.  I even found a link to a change.org page trying to get it removed, LOL!!

What say you??

Didnt they have a herd of Buffalos stampeding before big plays back in the 90s?  I seem to recall that when I was a kid. Seems much more appropriate than a train horn. 

6 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Didn't the Bills play the stampeding Buffalo video on 3rd downs back in the 90's? It was so long ago I can't be certain. They are right, your memory is the second thing to go!

Haha. Just wrote basically the same thing. 

2 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

My first thought when seeing this thread: "Who on the team is nicknamed train horn?"

It would have to refer to the most annoying player.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ?

When did the train horn start? I never had seasons, but went to 4-5 games a year before moving out of WNY in 2012, and I don’t recall hearing it then. Now when I watch games on tv or in the handful of games I’ve been able to go to since, I find it distracting and annoying.

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

So I am at minimum a train lover at large trains might be the only thing I love more then my wife. I have model trains, I have traveled to see rail trains, take pictures of trains etc..

THIS HORN IS THE DUMBEST MOTHERF*CKING THING EVER AND I SAY THAT AS SOMEONE WHO LIKES TRAIN HORNS AND COULD TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM. MAY IT DIE FOREVER!

On a funny note my brother's mother in law was watching the Bills game and remarked there must be train tracks nearby because she heard like 10-14 trains go by during the game haha

They should make it 2 longs, a short, and a long. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

The real question is if on an international flight you had to sit next to either someone blowing the train horn every 15 minutes or Billy Buffalo. Who would you pick?

I’d take 15 hrs of continuous train horn over BB. Screw him.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Personally, I love the damn thing.  I even have a train whistle at home that I'll blow on 3rd downs from time to time.

It seems that many fans hate the horn.  I even found a link to a change.org page trying to get it removed, LOL!!

What say you??

Since that petition appears to have been started by our very own @3rdand12 I do believe that you owe him an apology.

https://www.change.org/p/fans-of-the-buffalo-bills-put-a-stop-to-the-buffalo-bills-3rd-down-train-horn

We all know the familiar sound... the 3rd and 12, here comes the Train Horn sound of failure. 

7 hours ago, Heitz said:

Full hate on the whistle from me - that thing GOTS to go!

I'd replace with either the stampede footage (Dances with Wolves) or, preferably, the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo Handshake (Flintstones).  

water_buffalo_hat.jpg

Go, Go, Buff-a-lo!

That was my freakin’ favorite!!!! ?