Bills fire OL Coach Juan Castillo

YoloinOhio

Castillo has no history, ever, of successfully coaching an OL. This is a move that gives me confidence they know what they are doing; they just weren’t going to shake things up in the middle of a rebuilding season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Needed to be done, plus the run game really suffered under Castillo.  Good to see McD holding his former associations accountable.

I expect Crossman to go next.  Hopefully Frazier is getting a fire lit under him, as well.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Sean Kugler, OL coach from Denver is a guy I got my eye on for a replacement. Coached our OL for a few years back in the day. Maybe he could bring Matt Paradise with him. 

Would be great.

Bengals OL coach Frank Pollack is another guy I'd like. Coached those great Cowboys OLs of the past few years

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Needed to be done, plus the run game really suffered under Castillo.  Good to see McD holding his former associations accountable.

I expect Crossman to go next.  Hopefully Frazier is getting a fire lit under him, as well.

Crossman with the 32nd ranked dvoa ST —- should go.

Frazier — with the 2nd ranked dvoa Defense should stay, for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Allen seems to be developing well.  What makes you say that other than his past experience as a WR coach.  I care about the present and the results not the past.

Allen never mentions Culley at all...I suspect Daboll is doing double duty as QB coach and OC.  Not fair to Daboll.  Just my speculation from Culley never being mentioned.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Castillo has no history, ever, of successfully coaching an OL. This is a move that gives me confidence they know what they are doing; they just weren’t going to shake things up in the middle of a rebuilding season. 

Thanks for this eball.  This is a much better perspective than judging him on what he did this year - given the fact they didn't give him much to work with and some unfortunate stuff like Cog's and Wood. 

47 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Oh, they most certainly did when Dennison took the best run blocking team in the NFL and decided to run the stretch play 80% of the time.

I don't mind that he's fired...Baltimore seemed happy to rid themselves of him.

I just don't want Beane saying something like "let's see how these guys do with a different coach" or something as ridiculous.

Its a bad thing that either Mcdermott or Beane are in charge of finding 4 new OL.

better?

I heard Beane use the words "running game" and "unacceptable" at least twice in his presser......OL are coming

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh so a TEs coach is working with our QB.

Sorry I couldnt resist.

No a 3x Pro and one time national champion college OC is working with our QB.  Big difference.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Just now, hemma said:

Crossman with the 32nd ranked dvoa ST —- should go.

Frazier — with the 2nd ranked dvoa Defense should stay, for sure.

Regarding Frazier, I know the stats for the defense were good, but the results seemed to prove otherwise.  They weren't particular good in the red zone, we got gashed by opposing rushers, and did not get pressure on the opposing QB.  It is amazing how good our defensive secondary did, though.

• Like (+1) 3