Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Second favorite ref play --- throwing the flag on phillips for 'unsportsman like' conduct. 

they should start a fantasy league for refs, these dudes are a team on their own. 

Philips was being a clown the whole day---after McD warned his to STFU.  

Bills release O'Leary and he's not acting the fool on the field.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Absolutely agree, Promo. I was screaming at that. Milano was IN FRONT of the WR and got inside position...whatever happened to both players having a right to the ball?? Yet Zay Jones has two arms wrapped around him on the 5 yard line BEFORE the ball gets there and they do nothing. Jesus H...

You have to be making a play for the ball.  Otherwise you can't impede the route runner.

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Lots of hits on Josh in the pocket that inexplicably didn’t get a flag, Zay gets tackled trying to make the catch

Yeah but did you see the way Jordan Phillips pushed that guy's foot over? That was a violent play.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Philips was being a clown the whole day---after McD warned his to STFU.  

Bills release O'Leary and he's not acting the fool on the field.

he made a great play, he deserves to celebrate. i didnt see anything out of line. the guy who RKOed Allen though was going nuts after an illegal hit 

This is tough right now cause it was there to take the w but after the past two weeks i think we are going to be ok with JA and have the last laugh. Obviously the rushing attempts have to come down but this kid did some special things today. 

That second td to zay was an absolutely amazing throw. We could get really good pretty quickly if we hit on building around him.

Edited by BillsSbSoon

16 minutes ago, SlowMotionRider said:

Only way the Dolphins win that game is if the Bills receiving corps are a greasy tire dumpster fire and the special teams who picked a fine time to leave me Lucille.. but you can be really happy about Josh Allen.  Officals sucked too.  Anybody but Buffalo.  NFL the most racist league on Earth..

racist?? Officials are bad as usual.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Second favorite ref play --- throwing the flag on phillips for 'unsportsman like' conduct. 

they should start a fantasy league for refs, these dudes are a team on their own. 

That was absolutely ridiculous. Every player in the league does a stupid celebration after making a play and they decide to flag a fist pump into the air at nobody?? That's what it's come to now?! Gimme a break. And the "hitting the foot" comment after the play by the announcers was stupid. That was inadvertent. 

After watching this game can anyone here actually take the NFL seriously? I love the Bills, but the NFL as a whole is doing everything in their power to push me away. Two games in a row where it was lame ass flag fest. I hear the announcers saying it's a young team yada yada yada............be that as it is, you have to ask yourself , do these calls happen if its the Patriots, Packers, etc....its a damn disgrace. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

That was absolutely ridiculous. Every player in the league does a stupid celebration after making a play and they decide to flag a fist pump into the air at nobody?? That's what it's come to now?! Gimme a break. And the "hitting the foot" comment after the play by the announcers was stupid. That was inadvertent. 

Clearly it wasn't. Go back and see why they penalized him.  And that was after him taunting the Miami bench the whole game before that, which the refs ignored.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Clay or Foster were both throws that only needed to be a little bit and they would have been TD's.  Allen looked great.  He should have a great future in front of him.

Bingo

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ha first time all year I put WGR on after the game. The very first thing I hear is Schopp and the Bulldog talking about how Allen's last throw needed to be better. That will teach me to tune in ever again.

They aren't wrong about that even though Clay could have made a play for him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

I agree---mesing with punters all yr----bit him in the arse

I don’t get this one. Schmidt has been prone to shank kicks at the worst time. The lefty they signed from New England off of waivers was very good, but was roughed (no call) and hurt his shoulder in the New England game. He was in a lot of pain and it was affecting his kicking. That’s why he was placed on IR.  They resigned Schmidt in a pinch and while he had some good kicks, he shanked a couple just like he has all along. 

Finally, do we know for certain this new kicker messed up the hold on the FG or extra point??  We negated the missed PAT anyway. So please explain to me why this is a point of contention here?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Clay or Foster were both throws that only needed to be a little bit and they would have been TD's.  Allen looked great.  He should have a great future in front of him.

Clay doesn't know he doesn't have to be standing all alone oil the EZ and could simply have walked up to the 5 yards line and walk back into the EZ??

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You have to be making a play for the ball.  Otherwise you can't impede the route runner.

He was in front...the WR ran thru him. Milano didn't impede him. You want to call that then how do you not call the one committed against Zay Jones on the last drive? Making a tackle BEFORE the ball arrives is "making a play for the ball"?? Go back and watch it. It's not even debatable no matter what your interpretation of interference is. It's textbook PI.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

He was in front...the WR ran thru him. Milano didn't impede him. You want to call that then how do you not call the one committed against Zay Jones on the last drive? Making a tackle BEFORE the ball arrives is "making a play for the ball"?? Go back and watch it. It's not even debatable no matter what your interpretation of interference is. It's textbook PI.

It's not my interpretation.  You can't get beyond the WR and just slow down so he can't get to the ball.  That's the rule.  And he made no play on the ball, so he can;t make contact.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's the thing, even the best QBs and Brady make poor throws, buy in most cases they have decent players who dont need a textbook perfect throw to make a catch. Half the Bill's offensive skill players struggle to catch even the best throws....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mainly Bulldog--- and he is correct. A better throw, and odds are it would have been caught. Could it have been caught? Sure, but Clay is not a guy that makes great plays on the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Clearly it wasn't. Go back and see why they penalized him.  And that was after him taunting the Miami bench the whole game before that, which the refs ignored.

McDermott should've pulled him earlier. Phillips was letting his emotions get the best of him but there was no penalty on that particular play. There are much more egregious celebrations than that. His clapping at the Miami sidelines on the following play was far worse and not called.

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s honestly not hyperbolic to say that only 2 of our skill position players (McCoy and Jones) could crack a top spot depth chart on a top 20 team.

Yep and neither of them can make a play happen. Our two best players on offense besides Allen and they can't create plays. That's a big problem. In a way it might be a good thing, Allen will learn to carry the team on his back and once he has some genuine talent around him he could be special.

• Like (+1) 1