Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Jordan made a good play, not a great play.  The idea that he "deserves" to celebrate is just bizarre and its THE reason that undisciplined teams lose games

Why do players need to celebrate every single good play?  Why do fans think that excessive celebrations are good?  I like football because I like the  plays, not the ***** that happens afterward. I have been watching since the 60's and believe me the game is not better because of all the celebrations.  It is worse. 

The officiating was not consistent today and I think it was very  poor overall.  Still … I want players that understand not do stupid things.  Jordan did something stupid. 

My problem with the game is that there were two hits on Allen, after the Jordan penalty, that were worse than what Jordan dids that dod not get called.  In a league that is supposed to protect QBs this was completely inconsistent. 

Regardless, Jordan was wrong and he hurt the team. 

Bolded describes McDermott's team, across all units. 

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Remember. It was 4th and 11 with plenty of time left.  He didn't have to go to the end zone.

Clay was all alone in the EZ.   He could easily have come the ball instead of falling on his face.  Easy TD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You may want to try watching other games not involving the Bill's if you are really going to put the blame on Allen for that play. Almost no QB throws perfect passes, they throw passes that are catchable and competent NFL receivers make the moves need to catch the ball. The Ball was in a catchable position for an NFL player to make.

Thank you. The margin of error for our offense is razor thin. Some of these fans should try watching other games. Roethlisberger isn't throwing pinpoint passes for 300 yards a week. The reality is other offenses have receivers that can create plays all on their own. Allen's completions are right on the money with a bad offensive line and bad running game supporting him, and 350+ total yards still isn't enough for some people.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Thank you. The margin of error for our offense is razor thin. Some of these fans should try watching other games. Roethlisberger isn't throwing pinpoint passes for 300 yards a week. The reality is other offenses have receivers that can create plays all on their own. Allen's completions are right on the money with a bad offensive line and bad running game supporting him, and 350+ total yards still isn't enough for some people.

I think the O-line has gotten better.  Many places, he had a lot more time than a month ago.

Bad running game?  He's the best rusher on the field, hands down.  Ivory is an afterthought.  McCoy is ineffective again.

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's amazing that with essentially every ref on the take (they would have to be since they all rotate to different games), only your friend (outside of the wise guys) seems to be aware of this....

Bills-Phins is a "big money game"?

Lots of $$$ to Bills late. Check it out.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

GAME RECAP: Bills fall to Dolphins 21-17 in Miami

cbsark3366uyucl852f9.jpg

Regular season records: Buffalo (4-8), Miami (6-6)

In a nutshell:

The Bills were not able to cap off a deceivingly-effective offensive outing with a win, dropping their Week 13 matchup with the Dolphins by a score of 21-17.

Buffalo finished the game with 415 net yards, 366 of which can be directly attributed to quarterback Josh Allen. The rookie signal caller finished the game with 18 completions for 231 yards and two touchdowns. He also picked up 135 yards on the ground.

Zay Jones was Allen’s most reliable target on the day, finishing the game with four receptions for 67 yards. He was on the receiving end of both of Allen’s touchdown passes.

Buffalo’s defense constructed another solid outing on Sunday, holding the Dolphins to just 175 net yards. Lorenzo Alexander, Trent Murphy, and Rafael Bush all recorded sacks in the loss.

With the loss, the Bills fell to 4-8 on the season.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

A bunch of young guys figuring it out. That’s OK with me. Just keep improving. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think the O-line has gotten better.  Many places, he had a lot more time than a month ago.

Bad running game?  He's the best rusher on the field, hands down.  Ivory is an afterthought.  McCoy is ineffective again.

Ivory tackled himself, and also caused a fumble! If he was on defense, that would be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't listen to me, here's what Allen had to say.  Stop being homers! :lol:

This is weak. Here's Clay saying it was a good ball and he should have come down with it:

Welcome to the world of professional sports. Let's be real, it hit his hands he should have caught it. Of course Allen will take the blame.

• Like (+1) 2

Today was the most upset I have been after a loss in a real long time. It just sucks knowing how long the offseason is and how long it will be until a game matters again. The Bills had plenty of chances to win today. I was never in the camp of just writing an entire year off. There are to many factors from year to year. I know the Bills weren’t going anywhere but it would have been nice to get a few more weeks out of this season. Now there is an entire month worth of meaningless games. It’s a shame.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is weak. Here's Clay saying it was a good ball and he should have come down with it:

Welcome to the world of professional sports. Let's be real, it hit his hands he should have caught it. Of course Allen will take the blame.

My eyes tell me it wasn't a good pass regardless of who said what.  He could have made a play for his QB, but he didn't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

A bunch of young guys figuring it out. That’s OK with me. Just keep improving. 

Ivory tackled himself, and also caused a fumble! If he was on defense, that would be good. 

lol

It was one play after McCoy fell down too.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Today was the most upset I have been after a loss in a real long time. It just sucks knowing how long the offseason is and how long it will be until a game matters again. The Bills had plenty of chances to win today. I was never in the camp of just writing an entire year off. There are to many factors from year to year. I know the Bills weren’t going anywhere but it would have been nice to get a few more weeks out of this season. Now there is an entire month worth of meaningless games. It’s a shame.

'meaningless' games do suck, but this was really the Josh Allen season anyway. Not very likely we were going to see this squad in the playoffs. 

There is reason to watch though, and it is Josh Allen. I want him to sweep the rest of the divisional games. 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They weren't going to the playoffs for anyone who was being realistic.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They weren't going to the playoffs for anyone who was being realistic.

That was about a third of us....

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

i agree. he did atleast 90% of what he had to do to help his team win the game. 

I put the play on slomo as it happened and it took longer than the winning pass from Burt in The Longest Yard

very encouragingly for Josh today, a lot to build on 

• Haha (+1) 1

Bottom line Allen’s contribution this year has far outweighed what Clay has contributed. Allen’s lack of plays has to do with him being a rookie. Clay is veteran well paid TE. Sure, wasn’t a great throw.  But as your highest paid skilled position player outside of Shady you have to come down with that. You have to make your QB look like a hero. Clark did it on the catch with Montana.  Clay had to do it here 

With everything Allen has done this year,  all the fans wanted was Clay to finally make one play and earn his contract.  

He Didn’t.  

So yes he deserves the brunt of what he’s getting.  As a man you have it take responsibility. I give him credit for that. But it’s not like he’s going to throw Allen under the bus. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1