Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, The Senator said:

Sounds like a reasonable scenario, assuming Hunt doesn’t end up in jail.  I wish Goodell would suspend him for the entire 2019 season.  The thug can kiss any endorsements goodbye and, with no degree and a reputation as a woman beater, his prospects for any employment are slim.

Dont remember you calling this guy a thug

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2670708-josh-brown-admits-to-physically-emotionally-abusing-wife-per-police-documents.amp.html

I guess you have to look a certain way to be considered a "thug".

Pathetic

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2670708-josh-brown-admits-to-physically-emotionally-abusing-wife-per-police-documents.amp.html

Pathetic

Josh  Brown is a thug.....there now all is right with the world.

35 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Pathetic

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Please elaborate.

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What on God’s Earth are you talking about?

It puzzled me too, but it seems like a topic for PPP or one of the internet forums devoted to such.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

This may be somewhere in the 28 pages but whats the timeline on when he can be claimed/when it will be announced??

I believe teams can put in a claim Monday and will be announced Monday at 4 pm.

40 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Ok guy ??       Losing a dual threat playmaking rb won’t hurt ??‍♂️

It doesn't matter, he will choke again with or without him. Because Andy Reid. :lol:

Edited by Rico

13 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

So, looks like we have to accept a certain level of violence and behavior?  When I saw it for the first time my reaction was, "Yup, Chiefs did the right thing. It must have been heartbreaking but had to be done."  

I think I understand where you're coming from.  And it sounds like a marvelous moral high ground stance.

But is it?  I tend to think it's a bit more complicated.

Football has violence at its core.  As Eric Wood was quoted, "you can do things on a football field that are severely illegal anywhere else".  So NFL football players are carefully selected, offense and defense, for being willing and able to unleash a certain fairly high level of violence every time they play, whistle to whistle.   Successful players "bring the nasty."  Even cerebral, best-behaved-off-field players.  Retired-to-pursue-MIT-PhD OLman John Urshel said “There’s a rush you get when you go out on the field, lay everything on the line and physically dominate the player across from you,” he wrote. “This is a feeling I’m (for lack of a better word) addicted to, and I’m hard-pressed to find anywhere else.”

So you take guys who are the very best of the best at laying down controlled violence between the whistles on a football field, many of whom come from a cultural background where they're taught from a young age "don't take nothing from no one, not ever"

Yet you are Shocked, Shocked to find that some of them struggle with the "turn it off and put it away when the whistle blows"?  In contrast, this is my surprised face. 

Come on.

I'm not saying that Hunt's behavior towards that woman wasn't despicable (to borrow whatdrought's word).  Just because something isn't surprising, or is something some young players have to learn, doesn't mean it's right.

I'm saying that to paint it as a binary thing where either Hunt gets permanently voted off NFL Island or "we have to accept a certain level of violence and behavior", when a certain level of violence is in fact intrinsic to American football, strikes me as simplistic.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not saying that Hunt's behavior towards that woman wasn't despicable (to borrow whatdrought's word).  Just because something isn't surprising, or is something some young players have to learn, doesn't mean it's right.

I'm saying that to paint it as a binary thing where either Hunt gets permanently voted off NFL Island or "we have to accept a certain level of violence and behavior", when a certain level of violence is in fact intrinsic to American football, strikes me as simplistic.

This doesn't seem to be a bad theory.

In the Navy, when we returned from 5-6 month cruises, we had meetings with our Commanding Officer in which he reminded us that we were going back home to our families and our society.  In just 6 months, one can develop habits that are frowned upon in the presence of women and children.  We just spent 6 months with mostly men.  We swore more.  We acted differently.  We spoke differently.  We didn't need to watch what we said or what we did.

With Hunt, or other NFL players who assault others off the field, I still think it's best to treat each case individually.  I think it's best to take one's history into account (not violence - but look at the Zay Jones incident.  If that wasn't out of character for him, he'd have gotten into trouble with the NFL; he didn't).

My only issue with this is that it's not commonplace.  The vast majority of other NFL players in the history of the game have been able to effectively "turn it off and put it away when the whistle blows."

In fairness, I can see how this could be behavior that can be changed, IF it is actually part of this "rush," that John Urshel described in your post.

I don't believe in a blanket approach to anything.  I am absolutely disgusted watching that video; but Hunt deserves to tell his side to the NFL.

Just now, H2o said:

Terry's comments pretty much sum up the situation in my eyes as well. 

That's an unrealistic take with a 1 strike and you're out policy unless it's a completely egregious event which isn't the case with Hunt.  

Kareem Hunt took full responsibility for the actions that led to his release by the Chiefs on Friday, saying the team was right to cut him after a video showed him pushing and kicking a woman during an altercation at a Cleveland hotel in February.

In an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters on Sunday, Hunt admitted he lied to the Chiefs about what happened.

"Honestly, I just want to let the world know how sorry I am for my actions," Hunt said. "It's been a tough time for me. I am extremely embarrassed because of that video. ... The video shows I was in the wrong. I'm not that type of person. I really just disappointed and embarrassed for myself and for my family. I'm really taking action to learn from this and do everything possible to become a better man."

Hunt said he didn't hold anything against the Chiefs for releasing him.

"The Chiefs are right. I didn't tell them everything and I don't blame them for anything," Hunt said. "My actions caused this. I really wish I could just apologize to them and let them know it's no hard feelings between me and the Chiefs. I love the program. I love the people there. I just want to take this time and better myself and not let anything like this ever happen again."

Hunt said he hasn't spoken with the woman he shoved and kicked in the video since the incident. He also said he's planning to undergo counseling, but didn't explain why he waited until after the video was released to seek treatment. He also wasn't asked about allegations he punched a man in an Ohio resort parking lot in June.

He also said he believes he deserves to be given a second chance.
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's an unrealistic take with a 1 strike and you're out policy unless it's a completely egregious event which isn't the case with Hunt.  

Kareem Hunt took full responsibility for the actions that led to his release by the Chiefs on Friday, saying the team was right to cut him after a video showed him pushing and kicking a woman during an altercation at a Cleveland hotel in February.

In an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters on Sunday, Hunt admitted he lied to the Chiefs about what happened.

"Honestly, I just want to let the world know how sorry I am for my actions," Hunt said. "It's been a tough time for me. I am extremely embarrassed because of that video. ... The video shows I was in the wrong. I'm not that type of person. I really just disappointed and embarrassed for myself and for my family. I'm really taking action to learn from this and do everything possible to become a better man."

Hunt said he didn't hold anything against the Chiefs for releasing him.

"The Chiefs are right. I didn't tell them everything and I don't blame them for anything," Hunt said. "My actions caused this. I really wish I could just apologize to them and let them know it's no hard feelings between me and the Chiefs. I love the program. I love the people there. I just want to take this time and better myself and not let anything like this ever happen again."

Hunt said he hasn't spoken with the woman he shoved and kicked in the video since the incident. He also said he's planning to undergo counseling, but didn't explain why he waited until after the video was released to seek treatment. He also wasn't asked about allegations he punched a man in an Ohio resort parking lot in June.

He also said he believes he deserves to be given a second chance.

As I said, Terry's thoughts sum up my thoughts on the situation. It's obvious though that talent trumps controversy in the NFL. He will likely get a shot elsewhere. Look at Mixon. Doesn't mean I'll agree with it and I sure as hell hope it's not here. The kicking of the girl in the ground is what resonates with me the most. Pretty pathetic. 

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah, OK this makes more sense now.  

Yes, if your point was “not a brutal attack, not horrific domestic violence” I agree, and in that context saying probably not the hardest kick or blow he could deliver makes sense as not exculpating him, just making the point the whole thing doesn’t fit most people’s idea of horrific brutality.

Doesn’t make it right, still makes it wrong, just doesn’t make it brutality.

I didn’t get this at all from your original post.  Thanks for clarifying.

Ah.

some would argue Mahomes >>> Smith and that Smith had something to do with that 

Only if they weren't familiar with those games

8 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Please elaborate.

You can't be that dumb 

8 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Of all the things that have taken place in this incident and in this thread,  you find issue with who someone being called a thug. I would agree, pathetic. 

How do you know that's the only thing I have an issue with? Do you know me?

I know your true colors

Pathetic 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You can't be that dumb 

I know your true colors

Pathetic 

Kind of ironic asking if I know you , then telling me you know my true colors after reading a few posts on a message board. 

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

Cool dude. Get that coloring book out. 

Pathetic 

Is there a challenge in school who can use the word pathetic the most or something? How about we never talk to one another ever again? I think it's time to call it a day.

33 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You can't be that dumb 

I know your true colors

Pathetic 

All i see is you criticising that gentleman for calling this player a name when the other player did the same thing and you implied he called him the same name.

Hence, i asked you to elaborate. 

No, sir/maam, i am not dumb. I was just curious and wanted to know what you meant. Hence, the request to elaborate.

Thank you very much, I look forward to your response. 

God Bless!?

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

All i see is you criticising that gentleman for calling this player a name when the other player did the same thing and you implied he called him the same name.

Hence, i asked you to elaborate. 

No, sir/maam, i am not dumb. I was just curious and wanted to know what you meant. Hence, the request to elaborate.

Thank you very much, I look forward to your response. 

God Bless!?

I mean, nevermind. Really?

God Bless, and good luck with the MILFS 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I mean, nevermind. Really?

God Bless, and good luck with the MILFS 

Your exact words were, and i quote, "...I guess you have to look a certain way to be considered a thug. Pathetic." IIRC Josh Gordon looks ALOT like Kareem Hunt, down to his skin color. That is where i get confused. Can you please elaborate? If you do not wish to do so, i completely understand. Just say so. I will completely and unconditionally understand.

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Your exact words were, and i quote, "...I guess you have to look a certain way to be considered a thug. Pathetic." IIRC Josh Gordon looks ALOT like Kareem Hunt, down to his skin color. That is where i get confused. Can you please elaborate? If you do not wish to do so, i completely understand. Just say so. I will completely and unconditionally understand.

Josh Brown bro, Josh Brown. Not Josh Gordon, can you elaborate?

Kind of hilarious your mind went straight to Josh Gordon though

Point, proven? 

Edited by BillsFan2313

9 hours ago, H2o said:

As I said, Terry's thoughts sum up my thoughts on the situation. It's obvious though that talent trumps controversy in the NFL. He will likely get a shot elsewhere. Look at Mixon. Doesn't mean I'll agree with it and I sure as hell hope it's not here. The kicking of the girl in the ground is what resonates with me the most. Pretty pathetic. 

It was a lot more disrespectful and contemptuous than injurious.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was a lot more disrespectful and contemptuous than injurious.

This.  As I said before, he had free access to her and all he did was knock her over with his foot.  He was dumb to get himself into that situation and should get suspended for a few games, but I don't think the traditional DV suspension should come into play here.  This isn't even close to what Rice or Mixon did.