Adrian Peterson--How is this POS still in the NFL today?

Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah but the connotations of “beat bloody” versus “spanked” are Gucci as long as it promotes cyber lynching.

I mean, Peterson did beat the kid pretty badly last go around. There are pictures and reports. 

I agree we dont know what he did this time exactly but think there’s an element of maybe not letting your friend with 3 DUIs drive even if you only saw him have 2 beers, your friend that’s been through rehab get away with just a bump, or your guy that’s got child abuse charges pull out the belt and go to his “whooping room” with the kid.

generally the behaviors might not be out of this world terrible for average Joe but Peterson’s proven not to be the guy that knows how to get the questionable behavior right 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Not sure if he's beating him with a belt.  It could just be a little whack now and then.  It used to just scare us kids more than it hurt growing up when my dad would pull out the belt.  If he's continually beating him with it thats jailable esp considering the dude is on parole for the stick incident, but I think there's still room for a well-placed light belt whack in disciplining a kid if thats all he responds to.

One time my father took out the belt, started whacking the kitchen table and told me to start crying so my mother would think it was by butt he was whacking. Told me next time it would be my butt. There was no next time.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, Peterson did beat the kid pretty badly last go around. There are pictures and reports. 

I agree we dont know what he did this time exactly but think there’s an element of maybe not letting your friend with 3 DUIs drive even if you only saw him have 2 beers, your friend that’s been through rehab get away with just a bump, or your guy that’s got child abuse charges pull out the belt and go to his “whooping room” with the kid.

generally the behaviors might not be out of this world terrible for average Joe but Peterson’s proven not to be the guy that knows how to get the questionable behavior right 

So what? The judge could have taken away his kids. He didn’t. The judge could have mandated that AP is never allowed to practice corporal punishment again. He didn’t. If the State decided that the guy with three DUIs can still drive his car if he wants, who the ***** are you to say he shouldn’t?

Stop playing judge, jury and executioner when the State even refuses to play that role. Stop drawing false conclusions on a story that has zero details reported outside of Florio’s editorializing from his ivory tower. Stop supporting the cyber lynching of a black man by falsely quoting him and changing his use of language to malign him. Stop supporting an OP that states AP should be beaten with a “sock full of doorknobs” because he “violated” his agreement with the NFL.

You’re gross.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Im fine giving benefit of the doubt but maybe a learning experience? The history of our country protecting white women from young black men isn’t particularly good. Throwing in blonde instead of woman creates connotations that a huge number will read whether you meant them or not

I have never played the "race card" on here in my 12+ years as a member of this site. There are blonde haired women other than just whites, as evidenced by Teddy KGB's timely photo ( a quality choice I might add :thumbsup:). If people always want to jump to the race aspect of things they should probably do a little soul searching because many times it is an issue they need to address within themselves instead of projecting it upon others. I'm not making about race and I'm sorry if others may be, but I'm not one of the types to check myself due to others' possible sensitivity of any and everything I could possibly say. It's just not me and maybe that's due to the fact I treat everyone the same as the next regardless of race, color, creed, or religion. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have never played the "race card" on here in my 12+ years as a member of this site. There are blonde haired women other than just whites, as evidenced by Teddy KGB's timely photo ( a quality choice I might add :thumbsup:). If people always want to jump to the race aspect of things they should probably do a little soul searching because many times it is an issue they need to address within themselves instead of projecting it upon others. I'm not making about race and I'm sorry if others may be, but I'm not one of the types to check myself due to others' possible sensitivity of any and everything I could possibly say. It's just not me and maybe that's due to the fact I treat everyone the same as the next regardless of race, color, creed, or religion. 

don't bother with people who trap you into a response like this....

they are just wasting away their existence and look to devour the time of useful people.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I saw my father do it on my sister, and my wife reports it was part of her father’s repertoire. All  turned out great. Spoiling kids is a worse offense as a parent IMO. 

I got enough reaction that I felt I need to explain myself. By “spoiling” I was referring to allowing a lack of personal discipline. They often lack the proper level of fear of consequences.  My kids have attended more funerals than I have, to put it mildly. It’s a serious problem. It’s just another case of not wanting to be in either extreme. The sweet spot is in the middle. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok here’s the problem I have, and it’s not Adrian Peterson I have the problem with. The problem I have is the people complaining about spanking a child. Ok, I got spanked with a belt, switch, toy race car track, just about whatever. Now the extent of what Peterson’s tactics were the first time was way too much. But as far as using a belt? I have zero issues with it. 

Because it seems to me that not using a belt today is part of the problem: Growing up, I never saw or even heard of kids killing other kids and teachers in school, how many times has that happened recently? There’s what’s called right to parent in the law itself. I don’t in any way advocate child abuse, using a belt is not the same. 

But back to Peterson, I don’t have any issues with him using a belt for corporal punishment, but the line is drawn there.

A lot depends on the context.  A lot of my generation grew up with "get the soap" (Fels Naptha - ugh) or "go cut a switch".  Most of us were never bruised or bloodied, but we all got the point "when the parents say No, no means No."  Time-outs and chores and such are great if they work, but if they don't?

I have issues with Peterson if he's using a belt again, because of his past history of taking it to excess and lacking a "tool kit" of other punishments.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

don't bother with people who trap you into a response like this....

they are just wasting away their existence and look to devour the time of useful people.

True story- was totally out to get him with my “im down to assume you meant well, but should be aware many don’t mean well and it might get you jumped on by folks.... like we saw here” response 

lots of people that feel persecuted in here today.

Edited by NoSaint

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

It was in reference to the girl in general. The reason any of you are harping on the fact that I said blonde in the original statement instead of just saying woman is beyond anal. 

That blonde woman also shoved him and close fist clocked him before he had time to process what had occurred.

It looked like a natural reflex from Mixon. There's always a reason......just don't do it.

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

True story- was totally out to get him with my “im down to assume you meant well, but should be aware many don’t mean well and it might get you jumped on by folks.... like we saw here” response 

it's a sports board, it's a total waste of our time supposedly for fun and amusement while we continue waiting for the Bills to generate a bandwagon of 100,000

for public confrontation it's best to develop the ability to yell out "***** OFF!!" in a perfect Glaswegian accent louder than a 747.

My father hit me with his belt; it was his go-to threat whenever he was mad. Most of the time when a parent hits a child the parent is not dispassionately thinking of the child's benefit, they are just frustrated or pissed off and they lash out. The use of the belt or any instrument is too much. These parents often say that they are teaching their child not to "act out" but 90% of the time they are simply acting out themselves, teaching intemperance, rage, and cruelty. 

The number of you who think this is a good child rearing strategy disheartens me. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I used to get beaten with a spoon in the 80s from my parents.   

I got the plastic spoon.  Whipping action was way more painful than the wooden spoon.  

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This may be the first thread that I’ve ever read all of the posts in. It’s been an interesting discussion.

On the topic, I agree with Weo’s point. AP has no business in this league. If you are suspended for drugs and you get busted for drugs again, you get suspended a second time (and more severely). Why would he continue hitting his kid with a belt? Regardless of where you stand on discipline we can all agree that it CAN be interpreted as abuse. At the very least AP is a moron and at worst he’s a criminal. He was already punished for child abuse. Clearly, he didn’t learn a lesson if he still believes that a belt is an acceptable form of discipline.  He’s a terrible parent. 

I'm not saying this to be mean-spirited and ridiculing but AP is not a very bright person. Or to put it more bluntly he is very ignorant. It's clear that even after going through the legal process and public exposure from the first beating case he simply doesn't believe that he did anything wrong. Being forced to go to counseling was simply a charade that he was compelled to do. In his mind and heart he doesn't believe that he did anything wrong. That's how he was raised and that is how he is going to raise his offspring. He will continue to enforce his discipline code in a way that he wants to. What makes this case most reflective of his ignorance is his willingness to publicly state that he continues to discipline in the way he sees fit. What's the saying? Ignorance is bliss. 

What's really pernicious about AP's behavior is that this cycle of physical behavior gets repeated because this type of behavior is learned and considered to be the norm. So it is passed on from one parenting generation to the next. That's the tragedy. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

My father hit me with his belt; it was his go-to threat whenever he was mad. Most of the time when a parent hits a child the parent is not dispassionately thinking of the child's benefit, they are just frustrated or pissed off and they lash out. The use of the belt or any instrument is too much. These parents often say that they are teaching their child not to "act out" but 90% of the time they are simply acting out themselves, teaching intemperance, rage, and cruelty. 

The number of you who think this is a good child rearing strategy disheartens me. 

...agree....was on the receiving end of the belt many times as a kid.......the other one was the fork across the knuckles at the dinner table for not holding mine correctly.....even though were talking 50+ years ago, the perceived "old school way" was wrong IMO..........

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yep. I would.

..pretty sure she was at the luau I went to.....had an apple in her mouth...............

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

He has now admitted he has violated the terms of his reinstatement---leaving aside, if you can, the fact that he still beats his son.

He is no man.

Will we here from the owners about this or are they still worried about the National Anthem?

This is the worst human in the NFL right now.  He needs sock full of doorknobs therapy.

lol @ the SJW.

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not saying this to be mean-spirited and ridiculing but AP is not a very bright person. Or to put it more bluntly he is very ignorant. It's clear that even after going through the legal process and public exposure from the first beating case he simply doesn't believe that he did anything wrong. Being forced to go to counseling was simply a charade that he was compelled to do. In his mind and heart he doesn't believe that he did anything wrong. That's how he was raised and that is how he is going to raise his offspring. He will continue to enforce his discipline code in a way that he wants to. What makes this case most reflective of his ignorance is his willingness to publicly state that he continues to discipline in the way he sees fit. What's the saying? Ignorance is bliss. 

What's really pernicious about AP's behavior is that this cycle of physical behavior gets repeated because this type of behavior is learned and considered to be the norm. So it is passed on from one parenting generation to the next. That's the tragedy. 

Well said John. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He beat a 4 year old bloody.  There is  nothing such a young child could to his father at that age to elicit that kind of punishment.  And the fact that he continues to do it means he's still a POS.

Nixon sucker punched an adult who for, he felt, was mouthing off to him..  A horrible act, but orders of magnitude to beating an innocent child---his own child!

I was smacked on occasion and rarely got the belt--45 years ago, when that's how dads managed their boys sometimes.  But I was able to raise 2 boys without ever laying a hand on them or even threatening to.  If you can't do that with your kids, I don't know how to help any of you.

I received the belt on occasion and used the same on mine. What makes you think we need your help? You're not a better parent than I am. That last sentence of yours...wow!

You got hit and still feel you are a great parent, maybe you're a great parent because you were smacked when needed. Made you who you are today(a great dad). Maybe you should thank your parents for the discipline.

42 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

To each his own. I call bs on the 90% statement. Where'd you get that #? 

12 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That blonde woman also shoved him and close fist clocked him before he had time to process what had occurred.

It looked like a natural reflex from Mixon. There's always a reason......just don't do it.

I guess where I watched my father beat my mother as a child, and resolved within myself to NEVER put my hands on a woman, I don't see anything that would justify that outside of literally being in fear for your life. I have been slapped, punched, kicked in the groin, and have never raised my hand to a woman. It's just something a man shouldn't do. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not against very rare and, compared to what AP is doing, mild "corporal punishment" but that is spanking, sitting down a child semi-forcefully on a bed or sofa, etc. No, not whipping with a belt, slaps to the face, etc. If you're there, you've lost it along the way or were a douche to begin with, IMO. Yet many posters here have mentioned being whipped and are OK with it. To me, there is a lot of space between the extremes of "you never ever ever touch a child" and "whip that kid to red!"...

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

He has now admitted he has violated the terms of his reinstatement---leaving aside, if you can, the fact that he still beats his son.

He is no man.

Will we here from the owners about this or are they still worried about the National Anthem?

This is the worst human in the NFL right now.  He needs sock full of doorknobs therapy.

My old man use to disciplined me with a belt (not that i ever deserved it) & it didn't hurt me as far as being a better person for it & at the very least it showed me that there were consequences to my actions, but in todays society parents in their new age thinking about discipline being to put a child in time out or taking away a toy or a cell phone is fitting for some disciplinary things if the crime committed is worse then there needs to be a harsher form of discipline which could be a belt ! 

That being said there is weather it be with a belt, your hand, or other means a huge difference between discipline & abuse as long as he uses the belt or paddle in a way of discipline then i don't see it as bad but i have seen first hand as a young person what abuse with a belt looks like, welts & bruises from a friends thighs to his shoulders now that is a totally different story known as abuse which should be reckoned with harshly !

And that father should have been taken out back & given a ass whooping like he never seen rather than a judge telling him he needs classes ! ? Which i'm sure that will be seen as a barbaric way of thinking by the OP & many others but again the punishment should fit the crime ! 

IMHO if todays parents were a little bit tougher when it comes to discipline & it was beyond a shadow of a doubt known that there would be fitting consequences to other than time out or a toy being taken away there would be less school shootings, bullying & such but todays world lives in the grey area rather than seeing things as right or wrong & deal with it as such !

I thought the Peterson things from the beginning "as long as he wasn't leaving bruises on his child & it was truly a disciplinary action" a bit of a over reaction but not for the way this subject is looked at by todays world . I believe having the balls to discipline his children is better than letting them grow up to be heathens ! 

I know the OP & others will say i'm some kind of nazi parent for my view of disciplinary measures being that the punishment should fit the crime but while my now grown children treat me & others with respect & say yes mam & yes sir open doors for others & help elderly people with their grocery's & such & your children are the ones that or "Could be" those that say F U dad i'm not doing that ! Or don't use courtesy in certain situations in public or is the kid that tells their teacher to pound salt up their A** then i'm more than willing to take the ridicule for being that bad guy !! 

But of course i am over the age of 50 & was brought up in a different time & proud of it ... But you do your thing & i'll do mine  !! 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have been slapped, punched, kicked in the groin, and have never raised my hand to a woman. It's just something a man shouldn't do. 

Maybe you would NOT have been slapped, punched, kicked in the groin, if your violent woman had known she could get some too. As if letting a woman hit and abuse you makes you more of a man. There is a middle ground between woman beater and doormat you know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This may be the first thread that I’ve ever read all of the posts in. It’s been an interesting discussion.

On the topic, I agree with Weo’s point. AP has no business in this league. If you are suspended for drugs and you get busted for drugs again, you get suspended a second time (and more severely). Why would he continue hitting his kid with a belt? Regardless of where you stand on discipline we can all agree that it CAN be interpreted as abuse. At the very least AP is a moron and at worst he’s a criminal. He was already punished for child abuse. Clearly, he didn’t learn a lesson if he still believes that a belt is an acceptable form of discipline.  He’s a terrible parent. 

Because that's how he disciplines his children?  Again, he said, "spank."  Not hit, not whip, not beat.  Why are you engaging in the misinfo campaign with NoSaint and WE?

Love the parents without children telling parents how they should raise their kids.  You certainly know best!

Edited by BringBackOrton

5 minutes ago, T master said:

But of course i am over the age of 50 & was brought up in a different time & proud of it ... But you do your thing & i'll do mine  !! 

The problem is if the laws prevent you from even a light spanking once every blue moon, what you and I think matter little, as Big Brother and the court system decide.

Which is why, overall, not just on this issue, we must fight the SJW and feminists rhetoric as their folly become laws and affect everyone!

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Yep, that's why everyone who was spanked in the 1950s spanks their kids today.  Oh, except for all the people that you know, don't.  Like half the people in this topic who are so proud to be better men than their daddy, even though their daddy produced a successful doctor or lawyer and must have done a thing or two right.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jerome007 said:

Maybe you would NOT have been slapped, punched, kicked in the groin, if your violent woman had known she could get some too. As if letting a woman hit and abuse you makes you more of a man. There is a middle ground between woman beater and doormat you know.

Different situations. Some were girls who were pissed off at me for something, or drunk at the club, or situations that happened in school. It's not like I have an abusive spouse or a history of being with abusive women and this has happened a lot. But it has happened and I would just walk away. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Different situations. Some were girls who were pissed off at me for something, or drunk at the club, or situations that happened in school. It's not like I have an abusive spouse or a history of being with abusive women and this has happened a lot. But it has happened and I would just walk away. 

That's different than an abusive woman, as you say. So sorry if I came off preachy, but so does your stance. Again, I don't feel less a man that I wouldn't tolerate getting hit and/or abused by women. That doesn't mean "starting fights" in bars with women or hitting my spouse! But defending yourself is as much a part of being a man as self-control to me. Today's women want to act like men and cry for equality while wanting to keep all the privileges of another era. No thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Because that's how he disciplines his children?  Again, he said, "spank."  Not hit, not whip, not beat.  Why are you engaging in the misinfo campaign with NoSaint and WE?

Love the parents without children telling parents how they should raise their kids.  You certainly know best!

The guy was ARRESTED once for child abuse. It’s a fact, you can google it. NoSaint said it well when he mentioned the friend with 3 DUIs getting behind the wheel after a few drinks. That guy doesn’t get the same benefit of the doubt as the person with no DUIs getting behind the wheel after 2 drinks. You are what your record says you are.

Adrian Peterson is a child abuser. That’s not up for debate. He accepted a plea deal admitting it. Now you have to be pretty dumb to continue to engage in behavior that can be interpreted the same way. You also have to be pretty dumb to defend a guy, found guilty of child abuse, hitting his children with a belt. I’m actually amazed at how many people are outraged by certain acts, yet defend this guy. Anyone that thinks this is an effective way of parenting is a terrible parent (and the law agrees):

FF216752-0FE4-420A-94DA-E513AF47B142.jpeg

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

The comments in this thread exemplify why the Bills fanbase is full of old fashioned, right wing, redneck, narrow minded, bigoted, hateful, ignorant morons.  Sweet Jesus, what a bunch of a holes.

The most I've ever done to my son was slap his ass with my hand.  If someone feels the need to do more than that, or to get a fuc*ing belt, stick, spoon, switch or whatever the hell you want to call it ... well you're not parenting the right way and I'm sorry for your children.

Idiots.  Good God.

In before the Lockdown. This post right here is a WILD generalization, and is very insulting to any conservative. The funny thing is is that virtually no one posting in this thread has ID'd themselves as right or left. 

Also, insulting loads of other posters for no good reason is always awesome! /s

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

Mixon was literally PUNCHED in the face.

The principle of not hitting a woman is a good one. Men are naturally stronger and should not abuse that power.

However, it's hard to ignore the force that particular woman used and the immediate, perhaps instinctive response by Mixon to strike back. Doesn't make it right per se, but I have a hard time viewing that woman as a "victim."

Looking back 60 years ago, I got spanked a few times as a kid.  I could probably count the number of times on one hand.  My older brother got "the belt" once.  My own kids got spanked a few times.  When I did it, it was one swat.  Most of the time, it probably doesn't do the kid any good, however.  It's mostly an outlet for the parent's anger.

Corporal punishment is, I suspect going to be an ongoing issue in this couintry.  While most people and families have rejected it, it is still deemed acceptable in certain cultures in the US.  I suppose in those cases, it comes down to degree.  Certainly, society in general is not going to deem it acceptable to cause bodily injury to your kids

I guess my question is why he still has access to his son.  Regardless of what the league might do, shouldn't an effort be made to place the kid in a warm, safe environment?

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The guy was ARRESTED once for child abuse. It’s a fact, you can google it. NoSaint said it well when he mentioned the friend with 3 DUIs getting behind the wheel after a few drinks. That guy doesn’t get the same benefit of the doubt as the person with no DUIs getting behind the wheel after 2 drinks. You are what your record says you are.

Adrian Peterson is a child abuser. That’s not up for debate. He accepted a plea deal admitting it. Now you have to be pretty dumb to continue to engage in behavior that can be interpreted the same way. You also have to be pretty dumb to defend a guy, found guilty of child abuse, hitting his children with a belt. I’m actually amazed at how many people are outraged by certain acts, yet defend this guy. Anyone that thinks this is an effective way of parenting is a terrible parent (and the law agrees).

I love how it's 3 DUIs instead of 1.  Because AP has been arrested 3 times for child abuse right?  Oh wait, no, you're just painting him as a serial abuser to lynch him.

Oh, and just FYI for you and @NoSaint.  A guy who has had a DUI 4 years ago IS allowed to have 2 drinks and get behind the wheel.  To make your dumb analogy even dumber. 

If AP didn't abuse his kid in this instance, by Texas law, THEN HE IS ONE MILLION PERCENT WITHIN HIS RIGHTS TO STILL USE CORPORAL PUNISHMENT.  

Ya'll have no idea what you're talking about, and it's sad.  All of this to destroy a black man because Florio doesn't like him. Enjoy your lynch mob.  Maybe we can string him up by the time the turkey is done.  After all, maybe he violated his NFL terms and deserves to get beaten.  Imagine being amazed at anything else but your own ability to support that kind of statement.  

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

It was in reference to the girl in general. The reason any of you are harping on the fact that I said blonde in the original statement instead of just saying woman is beyond anal. 

I'm not harping, just trying to give my take on why it was asked of you (by others) twice.