Happy Thanksgiving TBD

AmishRifle

5 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Folks, just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for this board and the members that post to it.  Special thanks to SDS and all the Mods for making the magic happen.  I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!  Go Bills!

Great post! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all board members.  A special one for me as had Open Heart Surgery earlier this year - puts it all in perspective.

And please say a prayer for our guys and gals overseas away from their families this year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Let's start a poll.  Whole or Jellied Cranberries?  Thoughts?

I haven't been in Buffalo since Thanksgiving 1994, and I greatly look forward to tomorrow!

The cranberry topic can go either way. Jellied are always a consistent product and I do enjoy them. However, if you get a good whole cranberry relish that's made with some orange zest and other items in there, and not overly tart.......I'm down for that action also. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I haven't been in Buffalo since Thanksgiving 1994, and I greatly look forward to tomorrow!

The cranberry topic can go either way. Jellied are always a consistent product and I do enjoy them. However, if you get a good whole cranberry relish that's made with some orange zest and other items in there, and not overly tart.......I'm down for that action also. 

Here's wishing you a great Thanksgiving back in Buffalo.  My last time back for that was in 2009.

I'm a jellied fan myself....................and in keeping with the recent spirit of the TBD board I will say.............

"Anyone who likes Whole Cranberries for Thanksgiving should be FIRED!"

LOL

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Visited Biltmore 20 years ago, and they had a wonderful Waldorf Salad, with cranberries.  They gave out the recipe too!

When I was in the Air Force we would do up Thanksgiving dinner every year and I had a friend from Long Island who make a

Waldorf Salad every year.  It was a family tradition for him.  It was the first time I ever had one!

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

Folks, just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for this board and the members that post to it.  Special thanks to SDS and all the Mods for making the magic happen.  I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!  Go Bills!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else on this great board. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Recall on romaine lettuce.

What about americaine lettuce ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Neither.  I like the one where you grind up cranberries with an orange, except I cook it for a few (and probably use less sugar than the original recipe)

Half of a bottle of red (drink the rest), a pound of cranberries, an orange (zested, then peeled and rind discarded), a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon, orange or cranberry juice to cover the solids, and simple syrup to taste. Combine & boil until the berries pop, and then another 5-10 mins. Transfer to a blender (make sure not to use a solid top) and blend until smooth. Force mixture through a fine strainer, discard solids, and make yourself some incredible thanksgiving sorbet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Half of a bottle of red (drink the rest), a pound of cranberries, an orange (zested, then peeled and rind discarded), a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon, orange or cranberry juice to cover the solids, and simple syrup to taste. Combine & boil until the berries pop, and then another 5-10 mins. Transfer to a blender (make sure not to use a solid top) and blend until smooth. Force mixture through a fine strainer, discard solids, and make yourself some incredible thanksgiving sorbet.

...page Dr Ruth...I think she may be able to help you............:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Neither.  I like the one where you grind up cranberries with an orange, except I cook it for a few (and probably use less sugar than the original recipe)

After further review the ruling on the field is overturned "Recipe falls under the 'Whole Cranberry' family".

LOL.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...page Dr Ruth...I think she may be able to help you............:thumbsup:

I've actually done it with apples instead of an orange as well (to keep the doctor away). Bake the apples in cinnamon, brown sugar, and cider until they're soft and then incorporate with the cranberries in the blender.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've actually done it with apples instead of an orange as well (to keep the doctor away). Bake the apples in cinnamon, brown sugar, and cider until they're soft and then incorporate with the cranberries in the blender.

...I myself prefer WD-40 on the rocks.....:thumbsup: