There is no way we will beat the Jaguars

Cygnus99

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Really the game plan hasn't changed. Stop Bortles and Fournette and you basically win a close low-scoring game. 

The Bills will blow it open with turnovers.  I don't think the Jaguars want anything to do with getting on a plane and coming up to play in cold weather. I bet they fold early. My only concern is if Bills start rookie and their defense makes him look like what he is. A rookie that has not played in 5 or 6 weeks coming off a pretty serious injury.

Edited by Gettysburg
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billspro said:

All good signs for us to win the game.

Yup. They are 3-7 , just like us, for a reason.  The reason being they are not very good. We played them extremely tough for 60 minutes in week 18, on the road . To suggest we have no chance is just ridiculous . New Era is not easy to win at, especially  in Nov/Dec.... 

P.s - They have the most expensive active roster in the NFL , Bills have the least expensive. They currently have 60 million more invested in their current roster and still have the exact same record. That seat might be getting HOT for St. Douglas

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Tom Coughlin and Doug Marrone still of the old school belief you can win on a strong defense, a strong running game, and a subpar QB.

Marrone believes that his obnoxious and boorish behavior will single handedly win you a SB.  Almost worth it to be in the stadium next Sunday to see Doug's head hopefully explode.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yup. They are 3-7 , just like us, for a reason.  The reason being they are not very good. We played them extremely tough for 60 minutes in week 18, on the road . To suggest we have no chance is just ridiculous . New Era is not easy to win at, especially  in Nov/Dec.... 

P.s - They have the most expensive active roster in the NFL , Bills have the least expensive. They currently have 60 million more invested in their current roster and still have the exact same record. That seat might be getting HOT for St. Douglas

The Bills have probably ended one HC's job can they go for two?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I hope I am wrong but take a look at that Jaguar defense . They are completely shutting down the Steelers offense  

How are we going to manage that ???? 

Ring-Ring!

”Yeah, OK...1st Quarter, it’s the 4th Quarter on the phone.  They forgive you for jumping the gun.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Marrone will be looking forward to coming into Buffalo and spanking the Bills ***** out of the stadium.

The Bills did that in the playoff game last year and couldn’t score more than 3 points on offense :( 

and they let Bortles run. Preston is gone so hopefully that doesn’t happen again. We need to hope Milano clears protocol.

3 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I hope I am wrong but take a look at that Jaguar defense . They are completely shutting down the Steelers offense  

umm

u

j/k

on any sunday my friend : )

59 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Sounds incredibly farmiliar 

well if we had a consistent offense...

3 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I'm not going to read the many, MANY pages of "you're a moron" responses. DC Tom will handle that.

I can't wait to be in the stands next week for this game!

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

It would be awesome to beat them and have Marrone fired the following week.

• Like (+1) 2

this league.....bad QBing is epidemic,

They need a development league where QBs learn the essentials. The timing on a screen pass

Not getting sacked when you get good protection.Not locking in on the primary. Not throwing a checkdown on 4th and game.

I think the problem all lies in the colleges.

When you don't have the basics of QBing down;those that pertain to pro football; then you have a dearth of good QBs in the pros.

As a result of this..the few QBs that are decent in the league give the QB position way too much importance.

One position shouldn't control this league as much as it does.

Edited by Tcali
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tcali said:

this league.....bad QBing is epidemic,

They need a development league where QBs learn the essentials. The timing on a screen pass

Not getting sacked when you get good protection.Not locking in on the primary. Not throwing a checkdown on 4th and game.

I think the problem all lies in the colleges.

When you don't have the basics of QBing down;those that pertain to pro football; then you have a dearth of good QBs in the pros.

As a result of this..the few QBs that are decent in the league give the QB position way too much importance.

One position shouldn't control this league as much as it does.

it has become obnoxious how the League has deferred to the protection of the QB and all he holds dear.

but i suppose it is just a trend.....

I see this game looking a lot like the Tennessee game -  low scoring and the Bills pull it out at the end.

And for the record, Allen will be continuing his streak of playing against the toughest defenses in the NFL.  My sense is he'll have a mediocre game against Jacksonville but the defense will carry us.  After the Jags though things get a lot easier for the rookie QB as he'll finally NOT be playing top ranked defenses.  To put things in perspective Allen has gone against:

Baltimore - about 2 quarters on the road

LA Chargers - full game

Vikings - full game on the road

Packers - full game on the road

Titans - full game

Texans - 3 quarters on the road.

Those are some very tough defenses Allen has faced and now he has to face another tough one in the Jags.  This is why the last 5 games of the season are interesting - there will be a big drop in the caliber of defenses he has faced and we might actually start to see some real progress with Allen. 

This is why Allen plays the last 6 games.