If Hell does in fact exist...

Another Fan

39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Canadian content mandated' classic rock.  You won't ever hear Traffic, but you WILL hear Trooper and Nick Guilder about 6 times a day.  ??

there is a huge need for those artists in one's life

thank goodness for CanCon top 40 in the 70s and early 80s!!!

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

there is a huge need for those artists in one's life

thank goodness for CanCon top 40 in the 70s and early 80s!!!

I will agree, it does give AM 740 the 7-9 p.m. M-F content.

When Skip Prokop sang "sitting stoned alone in my back yard", was he invoking the Biblical meaning? ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Always wanted to ask that question.

I thought Nick Guilder was Susan Jacks from the Poppy Family singing under another name.  Until it dawned on me Guilder's voice was higher.

Hey, listen, it's Heart!  Haven't heard them for, oh, at least 2 hours!  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I will agree, it does give AM 740 the 7-9 p.m. M-F content.

When Skip Prokop sang "sitting stoned alone in my back yard", was he invoking the Biblical meaning? ?

whoa whoa whoa...

now you great up in Ontario for the 70s and 80s?

so you weren't able to listen to the Quebec Special Local Version of Can Con on your transistor radio?

You cannot imagine what you missed....

Not to leave out songs cobbled together by DJs at CKOC or CHUM or CFTR that they forced onto the charts....

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

whoa whoa whoa...

now you great up in Ontario for the 70s and 80s?

so you weren't able to listen to the Quebec Special Local Version of Can Con on your transistor radio?

You cannot imagine what you missed....

I might well have preferred it.  Scrubbaloe Caine actually played a dance at my wife's high school when we were about 15 or 16.  When Jean Luc Ponty became popular, I remembered Henry Small's violin in Scrubbaloe Caine.  Now when's the last time you heard any SC on classic rock?  Instead, it's "Oh boy...'Barracuda'!"

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The unofficial official classic rock station of the mechanical trades throughout the Niagara Peninsula.  

I don't know. Growing up in Buffalo I always enjoyed the musical differences between stations like CHUM and CFTR, and WKBW and WYSL.

Did you know the CRTC, until recently, had rules regarding how often a song could be played in a week? And the rules were different for AMs and FMs. That's why there were never any Top 40 FM stations in Canada. The rules didn't allow that level of repetition. Only on AM.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know. Growing up in Buffalo I always enjoyed the musical differences between stations like CHUM and CFTR, and WKBW and WYSL.

Did you know the CRTC, until recently, had rules regarding how often a song could be played in a week? And the rules were different for AMs and FMs. That's why there were never any Top 40 FM stations in Canada. The rules didn't allow that level of repetition. Only on AM.

I agree that the CRTC must have eased off on repetition on the FM band.  About a month ago, the early evening host at JUH-EYE-ENT EFFF EMMM seemed to be getting by with a copy of K-Tel's 'Canadian Rock Hits of 1975' and 'Heart's Greatest Hits'.

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Unless you're a total hippie like T&C....Ween is rough,really rough,especially when they're tripping live.

I have close friends who love Ween.  We see eye-to-eye on most musical tastes.  But I can't get into these guys.

Everything Justin Timberlake, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift post 2016, Florida Georgia line, some girl named baby rexa, and loads of other music I've never heard.  

I understand music sucks now. So anything new.

33 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

Any CFNY fans out there? They played some incredible music in the 1980s, stuff you would hear on no other station (except maybe college radio).

it got me through my high school years in the early 80s, listened until undergrad was finished

I was at Disney World when my kids were little, maybe 25 years ago, and the It’s a Small World ride got stuck. We heard that song nonstop for at least a half hour. 

During one of the semesters when my daughter lived in a dorm, the guy next door played Eye of the Tiger on repeat. Every day. For a semester. At high volume. People asked him to turn it down, and he wouldn’t.