Name something someone did at a store once to make you never return

Another Fan

I had an interesting experience going home.  Was going to get my haircut and this barber shop closes at 6pm.  I get there at around 5:50 with the sign on door stating its still open.  I go in and the barber is cutting someone's hair when he tells me that he's finished for the day buddy and if still interested come back later in the week.  I mean I'm reasonable, the guy could have to be somewhere, etc...  I try to give the benefit of the doubt.  Though still got my haircut somewhere else anyway as I wanted it done.

Not intentionally but I passed his shop later on the way home at 6:30.  I can see the guy from the street in there with one of his friends.  Looked like they were just B.S. ing  Maybe overreacting but that's enough to turn me off.  Was there once before pleasant enough.  That just rubbed me the wrong way...

I'm sure you guys have some funny, good, and more colorful ones!

I’d quickly forgive that unless there was a recurring theme. Who knows what the guy had on his plate? Sometimes you have stuff to get to, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes maybe his feet just hurt too much after a a day of work. Try not to judge or take personally. That’s just me...

There’s a restaurant near me that does lunch until 2:30pm. I pulled up between 2:15-2:20 as the waitress flipped the sign to “closed”. I was a little ticked, as I like the place and had my mind set on it. A few weeks later, I was back and just made a point of getting there a little sooner. It’s awesome food, near my house and very reasonably priced. Why would I punish MYSELF over something so minor? They are back in my lunch rotation, and never would have noticed if I had decided to hold my little personal boycott over something so petty. If I walk in at 2:20, how much longer does the staff sit there for one guy having lunch? I get it.

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d quickly forgive that unless there was a recurring theme. Who knows what the guy had on his plate? Sometimes you have stuff to get to, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes maybe his feet just hurt too much after a a day of work. Try not to judge or take personally. That’s just me...

There’s a restaurant near me that does lunch until 2:30pm. I pulled up between 2:15-2:20 as the waitress flipped the sign to “closed”. I was a little ticked, as I like the place and had my mind set on it. A few weeks later, I was back and just made a point of getting there a little sooner. It’s awesome food, near my house and very reasonably priced. Why would I punish MYSELF over something so minor? They are back in my lunch rotation, and never would have noticed if I had decided to hold my little personal boycott over something so petty. If I walk in at 2:20, how much longer does the staff sit there for one guy having lunch? I get it.

Gotcha.  In this case though this was the only day of the week I could have gotten there before 6.  So I found a barber open later.  Who knows moving on so to speak.

Though one gas station I didn’t go back too because they wouldn’t give out change and only asked for exact money.  In this case it happened not once not twice but three times!  That place was strange 

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Gotcha.  In this case though this was the only day of the week I could have gotten there before 6.  So I found a barber open later.  Who knows moving on so to speak.

Though one gas station I didn’t go back too because they wouldn’t give out change and only asked for exact money.  In this case it happened not once not twice but three times!  That place was strange 

I won’t buy ANYTHING from the gas station across the street almost from us. They are at $3.19/gallon when I can go a mile in either direction and get $2.75. Yet people line up there all day long to buy gas. It’s a great location, but I don’t like the feeling of being taken advantage of. 

39 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I had an interesting experience going home.  Was going to get my haircut and this barber shop closes at 6pm.  I get there at around 5:50 with the sign on door stating its still open.  I go in and the barber is cutting someone's hair when he tells me that he's finished for the day buddy and if still interested come back later in the week.  I mean I'm reasonable, the guy could have to be somewhere, etc...  I try to give the benefit of the doubt.  Though still got my haircut somewhere else anyway as I wanted it done.

Not intentionally but I passed his shop later on the way home at 6:30.  I can see the guy from the street in there with one of his friends.  Looked like they were just B.S. ing  Maybe overreacting but that's enough to turn me off.  Was there once before pleasant enough.  That just rubbed me the wrong way...

It’s the same as going to a restaurant that closes at 9 at 850... yea they are “open” but it’s just a tad to late to take more customers

he could’ve been more polite , id just get there at 530 next time 

Not exactly a store but a during a recent trip to see an orthopedic I arrived at 9:25 for a 9:30 appt. Went through the check in quick enough, was in the waiting room in less than 5 minutes. At least 5 people checked in after me and had their name called to go back to the exam room. Finally at 10:00 AM my name is called, and I'm told that they aren't sure they can fit me in as my appt was at 9:30. Told the kid that I had been in the waiting room since 9:30 and he was right, they can't fit me in, I'll get my co-pay back. So I gave that Dr's other office a try. This time only waited 15 minutes and got called back to an exam room. Waited 35 minutes in the exam room and still no Dr. People were going in and out of the two rooms around me. I left. Receptionist asked me to wait in line to check out, told her I was done waiting and I would let them know where to send my file.

• Like (+1) 1

Those large Chinese buffets.  I'm convinced every case of flu and stomach flu in the United States begins in these restaurants.  ?

Kids fingers in the food.

Adults fingers in the food.

"Sampling" with their utensils.  

Never again.  

My roommate in college made friends with this guy that ran the gas station right off UB north Campus. I assume he was getting free beer from him or something

Anyway this guy shows up at my apartment one night when we had some people over. Mind you hes 50 something and married. He started hitting on girls at the party, touching them and bragging about his DUI to them. He was a such a creep

I told my roommate I didnt want that guy coming to our place every again and I refuse to buy gas from him. My roommate thought i was overreacting until girls started telling him they were coming if that guy was gonna come again

Chain restaurants in general I avoid because they suck

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

My roommate in college made friends with this guy that ran the gas station right off UB north Campus. I assume he was getting free beer from him or something

Anyway this guy shows up at my apartment one night when we had some people over. Mind you hes 50 something and married. He started hitting on girls at the party, touching them and bragging about his DUI to them. He was a such a creep

I told my roommate I didnt want that guy coming to our place every again and I refuse to buy gas from him. My roommate thought i was overreacting until girls started telling him they were coming if that guy was gonna come again

Chain restaurants in general I avoid because they suck

Wait one minute here!  Isn't that a good thing!??

??

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s the same as going to a restaurant that closes at 9 at 850... yea they are “open” but it’s just a tad to late to take more customers

he could’ve been more polite , id just get there at 530 next time 

It would be good if restaurants had a sign that said " Stop serving at ..."      The reality is when they say "Close at ...." it does not mean they stop working.   They still have a lot to do to close up shop.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wait one minute here!  Isn't that a good thing!??

??

Yeah, I think he means the girls were not going to go if the creep was there.

Funny..reading the story I was thinking "oh this sounds great...wandering around a house party and hitting on college aged chicks!"

LOL

I used to go to a Pita place with my daughter once a week for lunch before she left for school.   about a year ago i decide to go back and grab lunch, it's out of the way but i was in the mood for their fajita pita it's awesome, i call up there so it will be ready, girl puts me on hold and just puts the phone down....for 8 minutes.   I can hear her waiting on other customers and ignoring the phone.  

About 5 weeks prior, my wife had gone there to get lunch for us to eat together (she was off that day and i was going to meet her at the house).   The girl stops talking to her and gets on the phone...taking an order, then asks is she is eating in she says no so the girl tells her she has to go to the end of the line so she can wait on people who are dining in.    

So i'm pretty pissed at that place, i get food somewhere else.   i go on and fire up social media and give em 1 star and explain the situation and why i gave them a 1 star rating.  the owner gets on and gives me the standard BS about they were busy waiting on a large group of people....to which a friend of mine who's son used to play football with my boy pipes in "uh that's total BS, i was there, watched your girl put the phone down, and wait on 8 separate orders don't lie to that man".    And of course things get fun from there.   

They are in a great location and they have a good product so i know they didn't care to lose my business.   But I'm not going to give my money to a business that is both that disorganized and at the same time dismissive about it's patrons.   

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

It would be good if restaurants had a sign that said " Stop serving at ..."      The reality is when they say "Close at ...." it does not mean they stop working.   They still have a lot to do to close up shop.

My uncle owns a pizzeria in Buffalo and I help him out occasionally . They close at 9pm... The last order they take on a slow night is 835 and he’ll be out by 920–930

on a busy night he will take orders till 845-850 and be out be around 10

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I used to go to a Pita place with my daughter once a week for lunch before she left for school.   about a year ago i decide to go back and grab lunch, it's out of the way but i was in the mood for their fajita pita it's awesome, i call up there so it will be ready, girl puts me on hold and just puts the phone down....for 8 minutes.   I can hear her waiting on other customers and ignoring the phone.  

About 5 weeks prior, my wife had gone there to get lunch for us to eat together (she was off that day and i was going to meet her at the house).   The girl stops talking to her and gets on the phone...taking an order, then asks is she is eating in she says no so the girl tells her she has to go to the end of the line so she can wait on people who are dining in.    

So i'm pretty pissed at that place, i get food somewhere else.   i go on and fire up social media and give em 1 star and explain the situation and why i gave them a 1 star rating.  the owner gets on and gives me the standard BS about they were busy waiting on a large group of people....to which a friend of mine who's son used to play football with my boy pipes in "uh that's total BS, i was there, watched your girl put the phone down, and wait on 8 separate orders don't lie to that man".    And of course things get fun from there.   

They are in a great location and they have a good product so i know they didn't care to lose my business.   But I'm not going to give my money to a business that is both that disorganized and at the same time dismissive about it's patrons.   

So calling by phone you think You should jump the queue?  Just show up in person stand in line. Maybe others were first?

No fajita pita for you!

latest?cb=20061104144509

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

So calling by phone you think You should jump the queue?  Just show up in person stand in line. Maybe others were first?

No fajita pita for you!

latest?cb=20061104144509

by calling ahead I figured it would be ready when i got there, i'd still stand in line with the philistines.   But i only had 45 min for lunch and the place is 20 min away. 

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

by calling ahead I figured it would be ready when i got there, i'd still stand in line with the philistines.   But i only had 45 min for lunch and the place is 20 min away. 

Yeah... Sounds like a cultur tug of war there.  Got good product, but have to dance around the orders.  I just wouldn't take call ins when busy. But such is the world now.

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Sounds like a cultur tug of war there.  Got good product, but have to dance around the orders.  I just wouldn't take call ins when busy. But such is the world now.

or staff enough to handle phone ins.    hell you can order subway on their app in a second.   

I went drinking down in orlando with my wife one night.  we're sitting at this german bar and I get up to go to the bathroom.  i come back and these two stupid girls have stolen my seat, my jacket was on the back and the wife was arguing with them that it was taken but they were young and empowered and they were out to find a sugar daddy so they were not moving.

We motioned to the bartender to put or bill on theirs, and left.   We had about 4 drinks each so we were ready to move on anyway, i figure we stuck them with about 90 bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

or staff enough to handle phone ins.    hell you can order subway on their app in a second.   

I went drinking down in orlando with my wife one night.  we're sitting at this german bar and I get up to go to the bathroom.  i come back and these two stupid girls have stolen my seat, my jacket was on the back and the wife was arguing with them that it was taken but they were young and empowered and they were out to find a sugar daddy so they were not moving.

We motioned to the bartender to put or bill on theirs, and left.   We had about 4 drinks each so we were ready to move on anyway, i figure we stuck them with about 90 bucks.

Smooth!

Gotta remember that!!! 

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

Those large Chinese buffets.  I'm convinced every case of flu and stomach flu in the United States begins in these restaurants.  ?

Never again.  

You should see the kitchen area, or that of any style buffet place.  Used to do deliveries to them way back when.  Raw meat sitting out in containers on the floor with no refrigeration, maggots in their used bar towels, you get the picture.  Will never eat at a buffet place ever again, unless it's a high class vegas style one.

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

Never again.  

Don't forget the sneeze guards that are ineffective for anyone between 4'-5'6"

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

You should see the kitchen area, or that of any style buffet place.  Used to do deliveries to them way back when.  Raw meat sitting out in containers on the floor with no refrigeration, maggots in their used bar towels, you get the picture.  Will never eat at a buffet place ever again, unless it's a high class vegas style one.

I have never been to Las Vegas, what's high class?

How about the Lexus Club @ KeyBank Arena... The buffet pre-Sabres game is nice.  Had it last night before the Calgary Game. That's our go too pregame meal.

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah, I'd say this is overreacting. He owns his own barbershop. Just like any one of us, he likes to hang out, maybe have a few beers after work. But if you own the business, and can actually just end the day, and not have to leave.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• I used to work the overnight shift at the Walgreen on Abbott in Lackawanna. I didn't own a car at the time, so I walked over to McDonald's next door. Nobody there. Walked up to the window (because the inside was closed), and they refused to serve me because I wasn't in a car.
  • Went to a little diner in a small town in Texas. Ordered some nuggets, and my friend got boneless wings. Turns out they were the same thing, at the same price, she just had some hot sauce on hers. So I asked for some hot sauce. Waitress says no problem, brings it back. I was charged 60¢ for that little cup of sauce. It wasn't the fact that it cost extra, it was the fact that she didn't tell me I was being charged. 

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah, I'd say this is overreacting. He owns his own barbershop. Just like any one of us, he likes to hang out, maybe have a few beers after work. But if you own the business, and can actually just end the day, and not have to leave.

This!!!!!

And Barbers are old school. To a simpler time.  He's done, he's done. No messing around, comeback some other time.  It's what Barbers do.  He's mostly a guy. They are in demand and they don't raise like they used to.  Come in a little earlier next time.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:
  • I used to work the overnight shift at the Walgreen on Abbott in Lackawanna. I didn't own a car at the time, so I walked over to McDonald's next door. Nobody there. Walked up to the window (because the inside was closed), and they refused to serve me because I wasn't in a car.
  • Went to a little diner in a small town in Texas. Ordered some nuggets, and my friend got boneless wings. Turns out they were the same thing, at the same price, she just had some hot sauce on hers. So I asked for some hot sauce. Waitress says no problem, brings it back. I was charged 60¢ for that little cup of sauce. It wasn't the fact that it cost extra, it was the fact that she didn't tell me I was being charged. 

What do You have this thread topic already started in a "Bullet Journal?"

LoL... At least You pick up the "Barber Vibe". LoL....But regressed back to the sissy mean with the bullets. 

BTW...My wife grew up there on Abbott a little further down.  Past Thruway just before O.Par/W.Seneca. ??

Went into a pizzeria years ago on a sleety December Sunday to pick up a phoned in order, had about 5 minutes left to go on the wait time when I entered.  Girl asked my name, went to back room, came out and asked name again.  She retreats again to back, converses with other girl, reemerges and says it will be ready in a few.  Aha, thinks I, they forgot to make it.  Might as well just wait for a fresh hot pie.  5 minutes later an older woman storms in the door carrying a pizza, slams it down on counter and says, "Now, I want MY pizza" to the other girl working.  The young lady I was dealing with picks up the returned pizza, heads into the back room, does a '5 Mississippi', comes out with the same guddamn box and says to me "here's your pizza, sir".  In the meantime, Betty Bluerinse is continuing to complain to the point the owner comes out, is carrying her new pizza to the car, and has comped her a 2 litre Coke for her trouble.  Both employees are looking at me, and the first again says "here's your pizza".  I say, "that's the one that went for a ride, isn't it?", employee #1 readily says "yes".  "You keep it" say I, as I head out the door.  Pass owner on the  way, get in car, start it, shut it down because there's no way I'm leaving without giving owner and staff a well deserved blast for trying to pull the old switcheroo on a customer.  I go in, vent, head back out door.  The owner follows, trying to give me the pizza, but I'm already pulling out as he's trying to open locked passenger door.  Thanks to sleet, his parking lot is now a skating rink; after about 10 feet of sliding along, he lets go.  10 minutes later, I'm now preparing to grill burgers out in the cold, since pizza just didn't work out that day.  Needless to say due to poor service on the pizzeria's part, I never went back.  The fact I probably could have been hit with a number of 'v & t' offences also factored into my boycott.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

We went to a Popeyes after a Clemson football game once (and only once). @plenzmd1 knows how this ends. Let me warn you, restrooms on the ride home through rural SC are very few and very far between. It took an eternity. Time is in fact relative.  I’ve never been back too Popeyes, I promise. I just can’t do it....

Wingstop - order for pickup and the lady says I have to pay by credit card, I say I’ll pay cash when I get there.     She says we can’t do that 

(20 min cook time) if order in person 

I ask her why they hate money.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

21 hours ago, Augie said:

Michael Douglas' character from Falling Down had a problem like that once.  Just once, though!

23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Wingstop - order for pickup and the lady says I have to pay by credit card, I say I’ll pay cash when I get there.     She says we can’t do that 

(20 min cook time) if order in person 

I ask her why they hate money.  

I get why she said that (gets stuck with order that nobody comes for) but she could have offered to refund the charge account once you were there then have you pay cash.

I used to go see a doctor. The doctor herself is fantastic. I just couldn't deal with the incompetency of the people at the front desk. I'm diabetic, so I see a regular GP, and an endocrinologist in the same office. I made an appointment with the GP, and asked how soon I had to come in to have blood work (which is also done in the same office). Girl behind the counter says "You don't need blood work for her, Only the endocrinologist would need that?" So I made my appointment, and the first thing the doctor says to me is "Hey Joe. I'm glad you're here, but I really can't do too much for you today without blood work." 

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This!!!!!

And Barbers are old school. To a simpler time.  He's done, he's done. No messing around, comeback some other time.  It's what Barbers do.  He's mostly a guy. They are in demand and they don't raise like they used to.  Come in a little earlier next time.

What do You have this thread topic already started in a "Bullet Journal?"

LoL... At least You pick up the "Barber Vibe". LoL....But regressed back to the sissy mean with the bullets. 

BTW...My wife grew up there on Abbott a little further down.  Past Thruway just before O.Par/W.Seneca. ??

I planned on having more than two instances. I also write bulleted lists for work a lot, so that's kind of habit. My dad grew up in that area, depending on age, they probably know one another. Lol.

18 hours ago, PolishDave said:

I was at a local restaurant and served by a guy that had tattoos up and down his arms all the way to his wrists.    I almost puked.   You can't wash that skank off.

Never went back.   Filthy animals.

Wow...you sure as hell will miss a ton of great food with this irrational bias...tattoos = filth???? Never heard of that one. Some of the best chefs in both DC and Richmond have full sleeves. I don't give a rats behind if you all tatted up/pieced in a million places..make me a great meal and I am in!!!

Dry Cleaners lost a shirt on two occasions..once yes, twice ya lost my business.

The Kroger closest to my house is obviously more worried about loss from spoilage than actually having produce on the shelf. I have only gone in emergencies for the last 5 years..used to do all our shopping there. Just got tired of going in there, and 9 of 10 times having to go to another store to get a standard item.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:06 PM, Another Fan said:

I actually had something very similar happen to me at a barbershop.  I went there early afternoon; they were open.  No one in the barber seats; no one waiting.  Woman comes out from the back, looking as if I'm putting her out, and I asked for a haircut.  She said, "we don't have any openings until later in the afternoon."  I get a basic cut; 1 or 2 on the back/sides, fade it up, brush the top forward.  It's a 10 minute cut, at most.

It was obvious that she just didn't want to cut my hair.

Never went back; never will.

• Thank you (+1) 1