Trade Deadline Updates - Official Thread

wppete

Jeff DarlingtonVerified account @JeffDarlington
FollowFollow @JeffDarlington
More

As trade deadline nears, one league source says it’s “highly unlikely” we see LeSean McCoy on the move today. Several teams reached out to Bills, but Buffalo wasn’t the ones making the calls. Teams are sensing Bills holding firm on keeping him... so far.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Eagles are still actively pursuing several potential trade targets. The will to make more moves is there just depends on the right player at the right price don't take things down to the deadline. That's generally how they operate

Good, any contender beefing up for a SB run is good by me. Do what it takes so I don’t have to watch Tom Terrific hoist that ***** trophy again. 

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
40 minutes ago, Midwest1981 said:
Jeff DarlingtonVerified account @JeffDarlington
FollowFollow @JeffDarlington
More

As trade deadline nears, one league source says it’s “highly unlikely” we see LeSean McCoy on the move today. Several teams reached out to Bills, but Buffalo wasn’t the ones making the calls. Teams are sensing Bills holding firm on keeping him... so far.

It is so obvious that we should trade him.  It would be the best thing for the team and for the player.  If we hold onto him out of some misguided idea that he is going to make a difference on this team before he is too old to do so, it is a negative for this front office.  We will have absolutely no drop off in production if we trade him, none whatsoever.  Stop being dumb and get some value for him.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't understand the logic behind doing something like that.

If they think they can sign Pryor and play him at KB's spot then you get something for an asset you will not retain next year anyway.  Fire Sale and there may be some addition by subtraction given KB's performance and attitude this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

If they think they can sign Pryor and play him at KB's spot then you get something for an asset you will not retain next year anyway.  Fire Sale and there may be some addition by subtraction given KB's performance and attitude this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Beane traded a third and a seventh for him one year ago and he's being paid peanuts.8 games left,I say use him like a rented mule...then let him sign with the Dolphins in the off season.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Rams interested in Hughes

BBN (@buffbillsnews)
The LA #Rams have interest in DE Jerry Hughes. LA would need to restructure his contract, or send a player back to make it work. According to The Athletic.

I actually wondered about this earlier. I wonder who they have that might be worth anything to us at this point? Any extra linemen?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Added 

Thanks! - Is that source worth anything? 

Edited by whatdrought

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I actually wondered about this earlier. I wonder who they have that might be worth anything to us at this point? Any extra linemen?

Thanks! - Is that source worth anything? 

Well it is the Athletic and they are reliable. 

Brian Cummings (@B_inShortsville)
Rams beat reporter for The Athletic; ⁦‪@VinnyBonsignore‬⁩, says Rams have interest in #Bills edge rusher Jerry Hughes. Rams would have to restructure a contract/make a corresponding move to fit Hughes under their cap. theathletic.com/621113/2018/10…
Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

BBN (@buffbillsnews)
The LA #Rams have interest in DE Jerry Hughes. LA would need to restructure his contract, or send a player back to make it work. According to The Athletic.

This is one of the players I would hate to see go.

Wonder if Rodger Saffold is involved?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well it is the Athletic and they are reliable. 

Brian Cummings (@B_inShortsville)
Rams beat reporter for The Athletic; ⁦‪@VinnyBonsignore‬⁩, says Rams have interest in #Bills edge rusher Jerry Hughes. Rams would have to restructure a contract/make a corresponding move to fit Hughes under their cap. theathletic.com/621113/2018/10…

All set with corners dont want Robey-Coleman back!

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

BBN (@buffbillsnews)

I hate this idea. He could have 3 to 5 more years in him and is playing at the top of his game (and i do get the idea of trading him at high value at 30, but still don't like this). The defense is the functioning unit right now. I also hate the idea of improving a team that is 8-0 and has few real fans.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

It does if you think we aren't contenders now but the new assets could be when we are.

So, we continue to weaken the team....now you have to replace one of your best defensive players....when do you plan on being a contender....

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He's pretty well paid and hot and cold a lot. Would make sense to get some value going into an unprecedented draft for DE. 

I kinda get that but it doesn't improve the team...we just have to replace another player....you can't replace so many players at one time

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I hate this idea. He could have 3 to 5 more years in him and is playing at the top of his game (and i do get the idea of trading him at high value at 30, but still don't like this). The defense is the functioning unit right now. I also hate the idea of improving a team that is 8-0 and has few real fans.

Not to mention that this trade would blow another freaking hole in the roster where there isn't one now.

• Like (+1) 1