Amari Cooper Traded To Dallas

sven233

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I completely disagree that it would make too much sense for the Bills to give up a 1st round pick, that could be top 5, for Amari Cooper.

You’re right. I thought it was for a 2nd round pick. No way we trade out 1st round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hahahaha a first round pick for Cooper?  LMFAO. Look, it’s entirely possible the kid can turn it around with a change of scenery, but he has NOT put anything on the field remotely close to being worth a first round pick and a potential top 10 one at that.  

I would have been pisssssed if we gave up a first for him.

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

Wow Dallas got had.  Cooper is a 3rd round talent.  Was a reach when he was first drafted.  

I always thought he had Reggie Wayne type potential. Not sure, he’s still young. He’s streaky in his production and has had some injury issues. 

This is pretty interesting. Bills also traded their top pick in that draft, Ron Darby.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, wppete said:

You’re right. I thought it was for a 2nd round pick. No way we trade out 1st round pick. 

Now that the Raiders have three 1st round picks (currently #4, #10 and #17 as of now) AND

This weeks games:

Cardinals (1-6) vs 49ers (1-6)

Raiders (1-5) vs Colts (2-5)

Assuming that Bills (2-5) lose to the Pats as seems likely...

Bills could improve to a top 5 projected pick...

Would the Raiders cough up picks #10 (via Dallas)and #17 (via Bears) for the Bills #5 pick?? Both these picks would appear to probably be even lower later on in the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000969335/article/2019-nfl-draft-order-team-needs-giants-no-1-raiders-load-up

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2018 at 3:11 PM, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Hate this. Bill's should of made a move for this.

Not for a 1st.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:15 PM, wppete said:

McBean would never make a trade like that. It makes too much sense for them. 

Giving up a potential top 5 pick for Cooper!?!? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Amari Cooper would have been a (more expensive) repeat of Kelvin Benjamin.

All the fans screaming about upgrading the WR talent just don't get it.

A receiver cannot be successful in this league without a decent Quarterback throwing him the ball.

Benjamin had 1008 yards as a rookie, 941 in his second year and was on pace for 950 yards in his third.  Then he got traded to Buffalo.

In 13 games with us, he's got a grand-total of 434 yards.  The problem is not him.  It's the guy throwing the ball to him.

We are not going to see this offense turn things around without Josh Allen developing.

Its not just giving up the 1st rounder Its also the trade off between the huge amount they will pay Cooper vs the rookie contract they would pay the draft pick  Seems like a move born in desperation but then again Jerry is getting up there plus he needs to evaluate Prescott before his rookie year deal  is done

On 10/22/2018 at 7:22 PM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Currently the Raiders have no place to play in 2019.  Some in Oakland/Alameda County don't want to sign them to play there anymore. They may be playing at a community college like the Chargers next season.  

And its deserved, shuffling teams away from loyal fan bases in St Louis, San Diego and Oakland is a major issue.

You guys know the NFL wants that team stacked when they get to their new city, right? Kinda like what they did with the Rams? The Rams we're a mess when they were getting ready to move then POOF instant shake and bake Superbowl contender. 

Gruden will win a Superbowl in Las Vegas, before the Bills win a Superbowl no matter who our coach is. 

That is why Dallas gave a first

Edited by Talkin Proud
Added another sentance

36 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Yes . Cooper averages something like  3.5 catches and 48 yards per game in his last 20 games.    Super Bowl baby.

Don't try to make this argument. Cooper is better than Zay. I don't want him for a 1st, but Zay isn't near Coopers level.

10 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

You guys know the NFL wants that team stacked when they get to their new city, right? Kinda like what they did with the Rams? The Rams we're a mess when they were getting ready to move then POOF instant shake and bake Superbowl contender. 

Gruden will win a Superbowl in Las Vegas, before the Bills win a Superbowl no matter who our coach is. 

I mean this opinion is just beyond stupid. The Rams already had Gurley and traded up for a hometown guy at QB. Then Gurley regressed and the QB looked awful. They have had a solid D for years, going back to St. Louis. They made a great hire at HC after firing Fisher who was a disaster in their first season in LA.

The league fixing things has had nothing to do with this if you're capable of following the league and higher level thought. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

11 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

LOL

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Don't try to make this argument. Cooper is better than Zay. I don't want him for a 1st, but Zay isn't near Coopers level.

I mean this opinion is just beyond stupid. The Rams already had Gurley and traded up for a hometown guy at QB. Then Gurley regressed and the QB looked awful. They have had a solid D for years, going back to St. Louis. They made a great hire at HC after firing Fisher who was a disaster in their first season in LA.

The league fixing things has had nothing to do with this if you're capable of following the league and higher level thought. 

Yeah, higher level thought. Don't be naive, you think a multi billion dollar mega Corp is hopping around the country opening new franchises without a multi year plan? A strategy? To captivate and capture the largest market in the country?

I said what I had to say, lol all you want and higlde your head in the sand. But the raiders gathering a bakers dozen of first round picks isn't a coincidence. 

13 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

Yeah, higher level thought. Don't be naive, you think a multi billion dollar mega Corp is hopping around the country opening new franchises without a multi year plan? A strategy? To captivate and capture the largest market in the country?

I said what I had to say, lol all you want and higlde your head in the sand. But the raiders gathering a bakers dozen of first round picks isn't a coincidence. 

The Bills should contirbute to that collection for Derek Carr...

20 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

So how do the chargers apply to this? They put them in a 25,000 seat soccer stadium and can't sell out. Big businesses make mistakes. 

But whatever. You're the type to talk about Vegas and refs. 

The Rams got to LA, went 4-12 in the first season with no first or second picks to look forward to in that first off season in LA. Nothing you're saying makes sense regarding the LA situation.

Can you say something of substance? Or is saying vague nonsense about all you have?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Yes . Cooper averages something like  3.5 catches and 48 yards per game in his last 20 games.    Super Bowl baby.

I would say that between Cooper and Zay Cooper has shown himself to be more reliable......I really dont think there is any disputing that.......

but hey....sometimes draft picks dont pan out at all....if we can get Zay to produce at the 3rd wideout on a good offense level then its not a wasted pick....just not what we expected or wanted.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would say that between Cooper and Zay Cooper has shown himself to be more reliable......I really dont think there is any disputing that.......

but hey....sometimes draft picks dont pan out at all....if we can get Zay to produce at the 3rd wideout on a good offense level then its not a wasted pick....just not what we expected or wanted.

I don’t disagree that Cooper has the better production.  It was more an argument that Cooper isn’t worth drooling over and giving up a 1st was just plain foolish. But then again Dallas gave up high picks for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams so ....

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

I don’t disagree that Cooper has the better production.  It was more an argument that Cooper isn’t worth drooling over and giving up a 1st was just plain foolish. But then again Dallas gave up high picks for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams so ....

Cooks got dealt for a one twice.  Cooper is still 24 and I think in his fourth year in the league and zay is a year younger and in his second. If he’s on the cowboys for the next 6-7 years it’s worth it. It’s not like he’s a 27-28 guy coming off his first deal. He’s got a lot of years left in the league 

• 1 month later...