Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read an article where they were trying to claim that Beto had between 10,000 and 15,000 people at his rally.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-returns-to-campaign-form-with-el-paso-rally-promoting-border-wall-034231756.html

Yahoo is hilarious with their slanted writing and strict adherence to DNC-approved talking points, no matter what the facts are.

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

so liberals on here, which Democratic candidate excites you the most to take the White House in 2020?

(it's okay to 90% know this is a totally lost cause)

Bernie Sanders so most on the right will freak out.  It doesn't really matter.  I think Washington has become so partisan right now that working across the aisle is nearly impossible even if you had the most centrist candidate possible win.  Every president will be labeled the "worst president of all time" by the other side. 

My preferred candidate would be Tim Ryan judging by his voting record. He'd have a better chance at winning the general election than the primaries though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Bernie Sanders so most on the right will freak out.  It doesn't really matter.  I think Washington has become so partisan right now that working across the aisle is nearly impossible even if you had the most centrist candidate possible win.  Every president will be labeled the "worst president of all time" by the other side. 

My preferred candidate would be Tim Ryan judging by his voting record. He'd have a better chance at winning the general election than the primaries though.

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for this, you provide good answers (even if we rarely agree)...  ?

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Voting record is nice and all but is he competent and can he lead and inspire?

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's viewed as more reasonable than the coastal candidates, but last Sunday on TV he went on a rant about 400 people in the US having more net worth than 100+ million.  To me that puts him in the same camp as most of the others, believing that government needs to redistribute money. 

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He's viewed as more reasonable than the coastal candidates, but last Sunday on TV he went on a rant about 400 people in the US having more net worth than 100+ million.  To me that puts him in the same camp as most of the others, believing that government needs to redistribute money. 

Well.  He is a democrat and taxing the richest of the rich to help pay for entitlement programs isn’t anything new.

31 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Voting record is nice and all but is he competent and can he lead and inspire?

I have no clue until he’s actually in office and I could care less about him inspiring people.  An A record with the NRA is a plus with me.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I have no clue until he’s actually in office and I could care less about him inspiring people.  An A record with the NRA is a plus with me.  

Voting record is not a reason to get your vote but a reason to not get your vote. Anyone can have a voting record that you agree with simply by asking their party leader how they want him/her to vote. A president needs to be a leader and that includes inspiring people.

"The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers." --Ralph Nader

"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." --Ronald Reagan

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, grinreaper said:

Voting record is not a reason to get your vote but a reason to not get your vote. Anyone can have a voting record that you agree with simply by asking their party leader how they want him/her to vote. A president needs to be a leader and that includes inspiring people.

"The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers." --Ralph Nader

"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." --Ronald Reagan

I asked and he gave an honest answer for now.

I know, not exactly on topic, but still sort of fits and f u if you don't like it. 

Mark Kelly, the former space shuttle commander who teamed with his wife, former Rep. Gabby Giffords, to advocate for stricter gun laws after Giffords was shot at a public event, announced Tuesday that he will run for Senate in Arizona as a Democrat.

Kelly’s 4½-minute announcement video does not mention President Donald Trump. Nor does it include any reference to the gun control initiatives Kelly and Giffords have championed in the years since the 2011 assassination attempt in Tucson, Ariz., that seriously wounded Giffords (D-Ariz.) and led to her resignation from Congress.

McSally look out!! 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/12/mark-kelly-senate-arizona-1163298

McLoser 

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The problem with Kamala Harris is that her approach to everything, from getting a job to running for office, does nothing but hurt women. She's not the powerful, smart, genuine and strong female role model.

Her completely embarrassing tweet yesterday about how Trump's tax cut is reducing incomes because tax rebates are lower is just the stupid sauce on her idiot sandwich.

She's a vile pig who doesn't care if she's sucking a married man or a late-term baby from a womb, as long as there's money and power left over when she's wiping her chin.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The problem with Kamala Harris is that her approach to everything, from getting a job to running for office, does nothing but hurt women. She's not the powerful, smart, genuine and strong female role model.

Her completely embarrassing tweet yesterday about how Trump's tax cut is reducing incomes because tax rebates are lower is just the stupid sauce on her idiot sandwich.

She's a vile pig who doesn't care if she's sucking a married man or a late-term baby from a womb, as long as there's money and power left over when she's wiping her chin.

Dems will worship anyone who gets the nod and the media will lead the procession gleefully

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

brutal.

48 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Wait...what?  How the ***** did I miss that gem?  :lol:

Like Hillary claiming she was named after the first to climb Mt Everest, except she was born a handful of years earlier than the climb?

and they asked him for a comment to which he compared the dates of the two events 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because everyone pretty much knows who and what Trump is like, he actually has a weird huge advantage in any election.

He doesn't need to waste one thought on "how will what I say be received".  Every other candidate has that fear first and foremost in their mind, and every one gets tripped up. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, Tiberius said:

She perfectly represents the demographic groups that won the Democrats 40 seats in the House. Moderate Democrats killed Republicans all across the country. 

I don’t mind a lot of her views, but unfortunately, she is one of the worst people I have ever interacted with.  She is absolutely nasty, and it’s a well-known secret that she treats her staff as bad as it gets.

I cant stand her.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, grinreaper said:

Thanks for the advice.  It's hard to judge based off campaigning alone though.  

‘You can feel it now’: New Democrats  push party, and 2020 candidates, to the left on divisive issues
Washington Post, by Seung Min Kim*

Original Article

A new generation of Democrats is using far-reaching policy ideas and a brash social media presence to upend the party — pushing it to the left on divisive issues such as health care and climate change while it charts a path aimed at taking the White House in 2020.

But the liberal shift, and the lawmakers driving it, are also creating challenges for Democrats in more-conservative areas, and they are giving President Trump and congressional Republicans fresh opportunities for political attacks. 

Edited by B-Man

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cory-booker-apos-looking-women-131020453.html

Because qualifications and ability be damned — it’s gender and race that matter!

Do they even realize they are alienating white men from their party? They can’t win without white men. Nobody tell them. 

white as in philosophy of life, not skin colour, right?