Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

So, when it comes to the party of the mentally ill..........

who are they going to rig the primaries for to lose to Donald Trump again?

I am enjoying the terror that Schulz is inflicting 

fun to watch libs and the media try to exterminate a candidate because he might takes votes away from their pet

Edited by row_33

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

ALSO:

This week Dems tried to remove God from witness oaths, advocated killing babies after they’re born, voted to give sexual predators a taxpayer funded pay raise, & attempted to give fed govt massive power over all Americans’ free speech. And that was all before Friday.

Maybe it’s good for everyone (not just us crazy people who follow politics 24/7) to see who Democrats really are.
  • Like (+1) 2

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

Did I say that besides me helping her, she helped me? I honestly don’t think I would have made it through my first grueling run for mayor without her smarts and support.

She loved me, and I loved me. It was a perfect relationship.

—“Kamala Harris learns the perils of presidential front-running,” by former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, the San Francisco Chronicle, yesterday.

Related: “A Kinsley gaffe occurs when a political gaffe reveals some truth that a politician did not intend to admit. The term comes from journalist Michael Kinsley, who said, ‘A gaffe is when a politician tells the truth – some obvious truth he isn’t supposed to say.’”

—Wikipedia’s page on notable political gaffes.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:40 PM, LABillzFan said:

This is a lesson for the light-minded leftists who mocked the right with the whole "clown car" schtick when a bunch of GOP candidates were elbowing for the top spot.

Be careful what you mock, as you will surely get it. You're about to go from the Democratic Party to the Donner Party. Someone make some popcorn and tell the fat lady she's on in five. 

Will any of them advocate for killing the familes of Isis members or implementing torture "worse than waterboarding" at Guantamino?  

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Will any of them advocate for killing the familes of Isis members or implementing torture "worse than waterboarding" at Guantamino?  

I'm not even sure how that relates to what I wrote, which was to point out that after two years of Orange Man saying/tweeting some of the dumbest stuff around, the Dem Party is about to make him look normal. It's going to be an epic schittshow as they try to one-up each other with free stuff. 

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm not even sure how that relates to what I wrote, which was to point out that after two years of Orange Man saying/tweeting some of the dumbest stuff around, the Dem Party is about to make him look normal. It's going to be an epic schittshow as they try to one-up each other with free stuff. 

I am not expecting the Dems to raise the level of speech to Curious George, let alone James Madison

They are battling for the Mondale/Dukakis trophy for being bold in a snowballs chance in a campaign?

Worth the read - and remembering: we are in a global (dis)information war at the moment. Learning to hone your own discernment is crucial, now more than ever since it's becoming ridiculously evident how untrustworthy the establishment media is. 

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/03/nbc-news-to-claim-russia-supports-tulsi-gabbard-relies-on-firm-just-caught-fabricating-russia-data-for-the-democratic-party/

53 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Yes, and Harris set the bar pretty high.  Can't wait to see what the others come up with. 

7 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm trying to show that somebody who says the most outrageous and stupid crap in the debates may be the one to win the nomination and the presidency for the Democrats.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm trying to show that somebody who says the most outrageous and stupid crap in the debates may be the one to win the nomination and the presidency for the Democrats.

The last three Presidents from the party, Carter, Clinton and Obama had a few things in common that made them electable.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That won't be enough, though. You will need all the networks to air every single rally, every single campaign stop, every single word of every single day for the entire election.

Because that's pretty much how you got Trump.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

That won't be enough, though. You will need all the networks to air every single rally, every single campaign stop, every single word of every single day for the entire election.

Because that's pretty much how you got Trump.

gary-busey-for-president.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

#JOURNALISM: Questions The Media Should Ask Democratic Presidential Party Hopefuls (But Won’t).

(First in a series)

Well, remember:

treacher_on_journalism_10-11-17-1-600x34

After @CoryBooker questioned nominee Neomi Rao’s opinions on the sinfulness of certain behaviors, @TedCruz had the below to say just a moment later.

Booker then said he wasn’t attacking religious freedom, but said that religion has been used as a ruse to justify discrimination.

DyqMHBfX0AEKoZ7.jpg
20Poste
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ): "Have you ever had any LGBTQ law clerks?"

Neomi Rao: "Senator, I've yet to be a judge. I don't have law clerks."

Embarrassing moment for Booker. h/t @dchauptmann

now you have to brand a person LGBTQ for employment?

it's not possible to work with a person and not be aware of this?

i mean..... there is often speculation....

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

now you have to brand a person LGBTQ for employment?

it's not possible to work with a person and not be aware of this?

i mean..... there is often speculation....

How the ***** would you even go about asking that in an interview?  You can't.  It's illegal.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1