Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Hedge said:

The Koch brothers will not back Trump in 2020...but if I recall correctly they didn't in 2016 either.

They definitely won't publicly to help maintain his "anti establishment" persona, but after passing the tax reform bill they'll fund him through back channels.

Hillary will not get the nod! That's the right's wet dream. Kamala Harris gave a powerful speech(would not be well received here and that's ok). I think she makes Warren obsolete. You have to win the black vote in the D primary and Beto and Harris are the only candidates who speak to that audience. The twist is that Harris's white husband could be a political liability. Unfortunate, but true. Not sure Obama would have won with a white wife. It's going to come down to Beto and Harris. Didn't think Harris had that kind of oratory skill.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Hillary will not get the nod! That's the right's wet dream. Kamala Harris gave a powerful speech(would not be well received here and that's ok). I think she makes Warren obsolete. You have to win the black vote in the D primary and Beto and Harris are the only candidates who speak to that audience. The twist is that Harris's white husband could be a political liability. Unfortunate, but true. Not sure Obama would have won with a white wife. It's going to come down to Beto and Harris. Didn't think Harris had that kind of oratory skill.

You

just

watch

Hillary

Death is the only thing that will stop her

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You

just

watch

Hillary

I'm a democratic primary voter who knows many democratic primary voters. Not a single one would even think of voting for Hillary. Just a hunch, but I think I have a better grasp on the left's base than most here. Not meant as an insult, but this is a pretty conservative board and birds of a feather flock together.

Don't get me wrong. She's already hinting at running so she hasn't given up the dream. Don't see it as a possibility myself. The left is determined to beat Trump at all costs and I don't think they're gonna take a chance on someone he already beat. JMO.

22 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Trump's best chance of winning is to convince Comey to run as an independent on a lefty platform. 

Or Bloomberg/Schultz. Nightmare scenario. We would need Kasich to throw his hat in the ring to balance things out. Now THAT would be awesome to watch.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Hillary will get the nod and you will get in line and smooch her behind and call her the queen of heaven all over again 

not a word of negativity will be said until she loses again, just like 2016

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm a democratic primary voter who knows many democratic primary voters. Not a single one would even think of voting for Hillary. Just a hunch, but I think I have a better grasp on the left's base than most here. Not meant as an insult, but this is a pretty conservative board and birds of a feather flock together.

Don't get me wrong. She's already hinting at running so she hasn't given up the dream. Don't see it as a possibility myself. The left is determined to beat Trump at all costs and I don't think they're gonna take a chance on someone he already beat. JMO.

Or Bloomberg/Schultz. Nightmare scenario. We would need Kasich to throw his hat in the ring to balance things out. Now THAT would be awesome to watch.

I think her time has passed as well. With the change in the #metoo movement, she does not survive yet another assault on enabling bill, and 4 years down the road the young idealists that thought she was The One have been replaced with new, fresh idealists who have no idea who she is. 

Kamala Harris is an attractive candidate and likely will go full leftist. I won't watch the speech because I know the shtick, but she has some star power based on the fact that she's young, intelligent and female. Like everyone else though, skeletons tend to come out of the closet, and from all side when you run for prez.  Oh, and now that we know there is zero fallout for using intelligence agencies to spy on candidates, Trump has some tools at his disposal. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Underestimated the buying power of the Clinton Foundation, are you?   I wonder what a super delegate will cost this time around.

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

i'm willing to bet Willie Brown thinks she does.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Hillary will get the nod and you will get in line and smooch her behind and call her the queen of heaven all over again 

not a word of negativity will be said until she loses again, just like 2016

That would be Tibs' dream come true.

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

You

just

watch

Hillary

Death is the only thing that will stop her

Hillary has a hold of the notion of being POTUS like a junkyard dog has a hold of a soup bone.  For Hillary it is all about timing and it has to piss her off at present that somebody else is getting the media buzz.  Also, I believe as do many others that she has dirt on many of her competitors courtesy of her time as First Lady with access to the FBI and is not afraid to leverage it.

11 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would bet that Hillary polls very well with many Democrats especially those white females over age 45.  Those who would be able to make the largest campaign contributions.

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Desperately seeking Hillary 

She will swamp the boats of all of them no sweat.

her fundraising chain is still intact, a thing of wonder

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

She will swamp the boats of all of them no sweat.

her fundraising chain is still intact, a thing of wonder

I don't think Tibs was joking.  He knows Hillary has a newly filled bag of dirty tricks that will lay waste to her competitors.  He knows it is there if Hillary wants it and we know that Hillary wants it.  The Republicans will have no problem but for the Democrats Hillary will be like a pox released upon the land.  Uncle Bernie had better practice his "still don't want to hear about those damn e-mails" spiel.  Tibs is just getting ready for the inevitable emotionally.

I think you guys give Hillary far too much credit. She lost to Donald Trump. I know he's popular around here, but he's not exactly a popular President.(I know, I know, polls lie.)

She lost to Barack Obama in 2008. Whatever dirty tricks she has don't seem to work. I assume you think Obama was squeaky clean if you think she's gonna spread her dirt on the actual D primary competitors. 

O'Rourke is the frontrunner. Harris would have the second best odds. The Hillary thing seems like wishful thinking on the part of the right. She has a zero.zero percent chance of getting the nomination. Her time has come and gone. Actually her time had come and gone in 2008. The Dems pulled a McCain by running her in 2016. They won't make that mistake again. I'm not making any predictions on the outcome of the GE. I'm just telling you that Trump's opponent will not be Hillary. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

everything she says is 100% righteous and not available for scrutiny by the MSM

I just don't agree with this Row. The MSM(CNN, MSNBC) rarely discuss Hillary. I turn on Fox News and it's all Hillary, all the time. She's old news. Time for everyone to move on from that woman.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I just don't agree with this Row. The MSM(CNN, MSNBC) rarely discuss Hillary. I turn on Fox News and it's all Hillary, all the time. She's old news. Time for everyone to move on from that woman.

You say that like you have a choice.

You don't have a choice. The DNC makes the choice for you. That's why your party has super delegates. To protect their chosen candidate.

They have the microphone, and you don't...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABillzFan said:

You say that like you have a choice.

You don't have a choice. The DNC makes the choice for you. That's why your party has super delegates. To protect their chosen candidate.

They have the microphone, and you don't...

Yeah. The superdelegate system is asinine. Just noting that the Clinton machine appears to be impotent. Couldn't beat a junior Senator in 2008 or a political neophyte in 2016.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. The superdelegate system is asinine. Just noting that the Clinton machine appears to be impotent. Couldn't beat a junior Senator in 2008 or a political neophyte in 2016.

In terms of winning the general election your observation about the Clinton's is apt.  But in terms of securing the Democratic Party nomination the Clinton Machine is very potent and that is a large part of the battle.  I think that Hillary wields more power behind the curtains than Ted Kennedy ever did being a legacy of JFK.  Hillary does not care one iota about her chances.  It is all about massaging her ego which is a 24/7 job for those around her.

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

She wasn't gonna beat a racist black man, and her campaign was too lazy to beat Trump.

But none of that matters. The only thing that matters is what the DNC wants. And they want Hillary.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

She wasn't gonna beat a racist black man, and her campaign was too lazy to beat Trump.

But none of that matters. The only thing that matters is what the DNC wants. And they want Hillary.

And they are willing to risk that random chance will land in their favor in terms of the general election.  That the 6 months leading up to Nov 2020 will be full of bad economic news and perhaps a foreign policy blunder which will dampen enthusiasm for Trump to the point of derailing him.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

The DNC certainly screwed Sanders in 2016 and ensured Hillary's victory/loss. What kinda rigged operation slips questions to a candidate? She deserved to lose. This time around, I think it's the RNC that wants Hillary. Time will tell. If you're correct, Donald Trump has a 100 percent chance of re-election. I don't believe you're correct.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

The DNC certainly screwed Sanders in 2016 and ensured Hillary's victory/loss. What kinda rigged operation slips questions to a candidate? She deserved to lose. This time around, I think it's the RNC that wants Hillary. Time will tell. If you're correct, Donald Trump has a 100 percent chance of re-election. I don't believe you're correct.

what are the odds that Comey temporarily reopens the email investigation ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

what are the odds that Comey temporarily reopens the email investigation ?

I don't see a win in that for Hillary so the odds are pretty remote.  

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If Hillary went back to her historical positions on issues such as gay rights then the Republicans would be a better fit but I don't think that changes anything for the RNC in terms of feeling that she is desirable to them.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't see a win in that for Hillary so the odds are pretty remote.  

If Hillary went back to her historical positions on issues such as gay rights then the Republicans would be a better fit but I don't think that changes anything for the RNC in terms of feeling that she is desirable to them.

What I meant was that the RNC would love a Trump/Clinton re-match.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think you guys give Hillary far too much credit. She lost to Donald Trump. I know he's popular around here, but he's not exactly a popular President.(I know, I know, polls lie.)

She lost to Barack Obama in 2008. Whatever dirty tricks she has don't seem to work. I assume you think Obama was squeaky clean if you think she's gonna spread her dirt on the actual D primary competitors. 

O'Rourke is the frontrunner. Harris would have the second best odds. The Hillary thing seems like wishful thinking on the part of the right. She has a zero.zero percent chance of getting the nomination. Her time has come and gone. Actually her time had come and gone in 2008. The Dems pulled a McCain by running her in 2016. They won't make that mistake again. I'm not making any predictions on the outcome of the GE. I'm just telling you that Trump's opponent will not be Hillary. 

I wouldn't be so quick to anoint the Hispanic Irishman just yet. He's too 'exhausted' to run right now, and he's just waiting for the people smarter than him to tell him the best time to enter the race.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/orourke-2020-decision-months-away-1126571

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to anoint the Hispanic Irishman just yet. He's too 'exhausted' to run right now, and he's just waiting for the people smarter than him to tell him the best time to enter the race.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/orourke-2020-decision-months-away-1126571

"O’Rourke said he is “very happy” in El Paso. If he joins the race, he added, it would be in response to a sense of obligation."

Suuure Beto. In other words, "beg me and I'll run." This guy has a massive ego. The kind of ego required to reach the highest office in the land. He's running.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

"O’Rourke said he is “very happy” in El Paso. If he joins the race, he added, it would be in response to a sense of obligation."

Suuure Beto. In other words, "beg me and I'll run." This guy has a massive ego. The kind of ego required to reach the highest office in the land. He's running.

I guess his sense of obligation would come from the knowledge that only he can properly lead us and solve our problems.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

When you have nutbag women creating batschiitt crazy music videos for you, it's not surprising your ego makes you think you can be president.

He should remain a furry until AOC burns out. There's only room for one chucklehead.

• Haha (+1) 1