Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

My wife loves him, but I feel like his whole monk-like story runs the risk of popping in an ugly way. I'd be surprised if he won the D primary.

He is the glam candidate.  

Edited by BeginnersMind

14 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

My wife loves him, but I feel like his whole monk-like story runs the risk of popping in an ugly way. I'd be surprised if he won the D primary.

To those more into it, has California shoved itself earlier into the process than usual for 2020?

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The 'Spartacus' nonsense he pulled with Kavanaugh is going to come back to bite him. He's also going to eventually have to answer for being pretty openly in the pocket of the pharmaceutical industry, allowing them to rip off customers by blocking any efforts to reform or put price controls in.

Though I'm curious as to who is going to pull the race card first, Booker or Harris.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

To those more into it, has California shoved itself earlier into the process than usual for 2020?

Yes. They're trying to get the CA delegates chosen before the lesser-monied candidates can mount a serious campaign.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The 'Spartacus' nonsense he pulled with Kavanaugh is going to come back to bite him. He's also going to eventually have to answer for being pretty openly in the pocket of the pharmaceutical industry, allowing them to rip off customers by blocking any efforts to reform or put price controls in.

Though I'm curious as to who is going to pull the race card first, Booker or Harris.

Warren or Gabbard.

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Hey, Buddy. Save it for the general election.

SPAR-TA-CUS!  SPAR-TA-CUS!

14 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

No, he is the reasonable moderate candidate that independents and centrist conservatives can get behind.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Hey, Buddy. Save it for the general election.

SPAR-TA-CUS!  SPAR-TA-CUS!

I know, I know. However, I have little faith that these loonies aren't going to engage in metaphoric (or actual literal) cannibalism during the primaries. They're all that ambitious, short-sighted, and insane.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Warren or Gabbard.

Tulsi is done. The DNC nuked her from the start. Chief Warren will reference herself as a woman-of-color as part of her "I'm an everywoman" relatable schtick, but isn't going to proclaim that people don't support her because of racism. Misogyny, maybe.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes, she won't jump back into the race before there's a clean slate in 2024 and after the next revisions to solar powered wheel chairs with a shoe guard hit the market.  

My feeling is that it is 2020 or never for Hillary.  Next year will mark 20 years since the Clinton's were in the White House.  There is a larger segment of younger Democrats that feel no connection to that era and it is growing.  Hillary knows that identity politics is the theme until the grass greens up in NY as far as the media is concerned.  It has to be killing her to stay away from the limelight but it most likely has been the advice coming from her support team.

21 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

My feeling is that it is 2020 or never for Hillary.  Next year will mark 20 years since the Clinton's were in the White House.  There is a larger segment of younger Democrats that feel no connection to that era and it is growing.  Hillary knows that identity politics is the theme until the grass greens up in NY as far as the media is concerned.  It has to be killing her to stay away from the limelight but it most likely has been the advice coming from her support team.

Yeah, I wasn't being serious.  I doubt she ever runs again.  The party no longer wants her and Trump might turn his DOJ loose on her if she declares. 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

People thinking Biden is capable of beating Trump don't realize how bad Joe's record actually is. And how much fun Trump will have exposing it to the world during stump speeches. 

Joe isn't a serious human being at any fundamental level

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yeah, I wasn't being serious.  I doubt she ever runs again.  The party no longer wants her and Trump might turn his DOJ loose on her if she declares. 

I don't think they wanted her in 2016.  The Democrats are stuck with her and her ego will not letter her go quietly into the night.

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

People thinking Biden is capable of beating Trump don't realize how bad Joe's record actually is. And how much fun Trump will have exposing it to the world during stump speeches. 

At the time the decision to go after Osama in his stronghold was made Joe Biden was telling Obama not to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Atlanta's homeless problem has been getting worse over the past few years. As the city gentrifies they've been shutting down shelters. Some for good reasons (safety, mismanagement, sanitary reasons)...others due to NIMBYs.

Actually now that I think about it, the increase in visible homelessness correlates perfectly to the arrival/explosion of the filming industry here ?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course, progressives have come back around to the idea of segregation as a means of creating "safe spaces" for minorities.

Joe's been around so long, he's come back in fashion.  His views are going to be retconned as "visionary."

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Of course, progressives have come back around to the idea of segregation as a means of creating "safe spaces" for minorities.

Joe's been around so long, he's come back in fashion.  His views are going to be retconned as "visionary."

Beat me to it.

Elizabeth Warren Apologizes to Cherokee Nation for DNA Test via @NYTimes

Why? I thought it proved she was right. I distinctly remember being told by the National Media that the DNA test proved she was right.

Is she also going to apologize for scamming the system and claiming to be a minority in order to get ahead?

• Haha (+1) 2

This tweet is sorta true. Maya Harris does work for MSNBC. She was a "partner with Hillary": 

Harris was reportedly a “partner with Hillary” in developing the campaign’s domestic policy agenda during Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. According to a New Yorker profile, Harris worked on “issues of race, gender, economic empowerment, criminal justice, policing, immigration, voting rights, and executive action” and would have been given a “top job in the West Wing” had Clinton won the election.

Still, it does (again) show the ***** between the new networks and politicians.

• Like (+1) 1