Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Likely none. 

But it if she put it on this form, what are the odds she put it on her college applications? 

This is death by a thousand cuts for her campaign. 

This is her Hillary's damn emails.  She might as well just drop out now.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is her Hillary's damn emails.  She might as well just drop out now.

Time to see if she’s as selfish and greedy as Hilldog. 

Btw, i think it has Hilldogs existence that did her in and not just the emails. 

39 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Is John Solomon credible or is he a conspiracy theory hack?

I don't know him well, so I am just asking.

He's a good writer with excellent sources at the moment. His stuff is worth reading and considering with the understanding he has a direct pipeline to the oval. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

hahahahahhaha

What's truly going to be amazing is that dumbschiff is going to come up with excuse after excuse and apology after apology, instead of simply saying something to the effect of:

"Of course that's what I put down; why wouldn't I? I truly believed, based on my family's stories, that I was of Native American descent. Clearly that was incorrect, but at the time that's all I knew."

(Doesn't explain her blatant and obvious plagiarism of a French chef's recipe in that Pow Wow Chow book but I digress.)

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

By the by, Chief Wild Eagle here was played by Frank DeKova - IMDb, an Italian-American Actor

Wouldn't be allowed today ?

Definitely not by SJW standards. Maybe Warren can be played by Tantoo Cardinal.

I read the bio for Frank DeKova. Seemed to be a quite talented actor that played a variety of roles. Though he seemed to get out of character to deliver the punch line in the F-Troop clip.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

By the by, Chief Wild Eagle here was played by Frank DeKova - IMDb, an Italian-American Actor

Wouldn't be allowed today ?

No, that was already changing by the end of the 1960's.  Not perfect but not blatant WTF this guy is not an American Indian either.  Still had actors such as Ricardo Montalban play American Indian characters but with more respect versus bad stereotyping.  

I will miss the diaries that The New Republic, when it was a very worthy read, gave of the ins and outs of both sets of primaries, among the best political writings in US history.

now it's just a propaganda rag as they have gone through a lot of very fun and internecine ownership regimes in the last few years

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I love when Republicans tell Democrats who they need to run.  With Republicans not repealing and replacing the ACA it leaves the door open for Democrats to run on a platform focusing heavily on improving healthcare costs like they successfully did at the midterms.  I expect arguments over health care and ways to increase wages for the middle class to dominate the debates.

You make sense but this would fail to satisfy the most radical elements of the party which now dominate it. And, let's be honest. Look at the lunatics running NY, Cal. and now VA. Do you find these people to be centrist, or in any way normal?

I too cannot run for office,  as I actually was in blackface once........................yes it's true.

In 1962 or 63, my dear sainted mother could not think of a last minute costume for my brother and I to be in the "old Home Week" costume parade.

We were around 7 years old.   So, in desperation, she blackened our faces, put us in gym shorts, and sent us as Floyd Patterson and Sonny Liston !

I am not aware of any surviving pictures, but I cannot take that chance ...................:lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I would like to announce that I am withdrawing my candidacy for President under the Democratic ticket in 2020, as I wore a Christopher Columbus costume for Halloween in 3rd grade.

i was always The Devil, a total angel every other day of the year

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I love when Republicans tell Democrats who they need to run.  With Republicans not repealing and replacing the ACA it leaves the door open for Democrats to run on a platform focusing heavily on improving healthcare costs like they successfully did at the midterms.  I expect arguments over health care and ways to increase wages for the middle class to dominate the debates.

Doc, it's the Dems telling Schulz (sp??) he BETTER NOT RUN!!!

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I would like to announce that I am withdrawing my candidacy for President under the Democratic ticket in 2020, as I wore a Christopher Columbus costume for Halloween in 3rd grade.

I would like to announce that I am also withdrawing my candidacy under the Democratic 2020 ticket, as I attended a college Halloween party dressed as Frank N. Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show. In hindsight I regret the cultural appropriation of a Canadian Prime Minister.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I would like to announce that I am also withdrawing my candidacy under the Democratic 2020 ticket, as I attended a college Halloween party dressed as Frank N. Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show. In hindsight I regret the cultural appropriation of a Canadian Prime Minister.

he was the progeny of an egghead dad in his 50s and a mindless hippie in her 20s.

with a full ticket to gain easy admission to whatever educational stream he could wish for he wound up being a part time pre-high school drama teacher

Edited by row_33

19 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You make sense but this would fail to satisfy the most radical elements of the party which now dominate it. And, let's be honest. Look at the lunatics running NY, Cal. and now VA. Do you find these people to be centrist, or in any way normal?

Not to mention, for years we were told by leftists that if the GOP were smart, it would have Gary Johnson run for president.

Over and over and over.

31 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

VA is very disappointing, there's no way it's San Fran's clone.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

Not to mention, for years we were told by leftists that if the GOP were smart, it would have Gary Johnson run for president.

Over and over and over.

Oh, the guy who wanted Jewish bakers arrested if they refused to sell cakes with pictures of Auschwitz? That Gary Johnson?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

VA is very disappointing, there's no way it's San Fran's clone.

These people are extremely mentally ill. Seriously.

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

These people are extremely mentally ill. Seriously.

i have enough bible belt associates and friends to believe they are honestly conservative in the state of VA

they somehow keep electing Dems to run things who are so extreme it's beyond nightmare

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The Democrats tried telling Republicans the only way to win is to run a moderate Republican who caters to minorities and they nominated Trump. The ability of the candidate to sell their policies will win the nomination.  I look at it from the perspective that even if it's somebody from the far left the direction of this country doesn't change that much when you have three branches of government.  Obama was thought to be far left and the most radical thing he did in office was pass a centrist health care act modeled after Romneycare.

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Democrats tried telling Republicans the only way to win is to run a moderate Republican who caters to minorities and they nominated Trump. The ability of the candidate to sell their policies will win the nomination.  I look at it from the perspective that even if it's somebody from the far left the direction of this country doesn't change that much when you have three branches of government.  Obama was thought to be far left and the most radical thing he did in office was pass a centrist health care act modeled after Romneycare.

I never thought of Obama as far left, but maybe I should have.  I always thought he wanted to take the "centrist" marker and move it left, and left, and left again.  I figured he knew that it would take more than 8 years to succeed, and that's why he was so caught up in his legacy.  Clinton was supposed to keep moving the marker for him -- so 12 or 16 years would have set it in stone.  What I got wrong was that it is an inevitable by-product to get the far left to ascend if the "middle" was the "left".  It is also easy to get the "right" to now be labeled "far right", even though nobody moved an inch.  The result is a terrible polarizing legacy.  Did Obama intend that?  Who knows.  If he did then he's despicable.  If he didn't then he's negligent and short-sighted.

We're going to find out who really wants to be where Obama took us (political spectrum-wise).  The 2016 election was more about Clinton being unelectable.  This 2020 race, to me, is more about Obama's legacy.

• Like (+1) 1

HuffPo. 

I won't go into how they never, ever, ever reported on Michelle Obama's high staff turnover (because she was the Wicked Witch of Washington), this is again, the first salvo to take this person out of the Democratic Presidential race, and get her donors behind the sacrificial lamb. What comes next? No idea. 

Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s Mistreatment Of Staff Scared Off Candidates To Manage Her Presidential Bid

At least three people withdrew from consideration to lead the senator’s nascent campaign — in part because of Klobuchar’s history of mistreating her staff.

</snip>

3 hours ago, snafu said:

I never thought of Obama as far left, but maybe I should have.  I always thought he wanted to take the "centrist" marker and move it left, and left, and left again.  I figured he knew that it would take more than 8 years to succeed, and that's why he was so caught up in his legacy.  Clinton was supposed to keep moving the marker for him -- so 12 or 16 years would have set it in stone.  What I got wrong was that it is an inevitable by-product to get the far left to ascend if the "middle" was the "left".  It is also easy to get the "right" to now be labeled "far right", even though nobody moved an inch.  The result is a terrible polarizing legacy.  Did Obama intend that?  Who knows.  If he did then he's despicable.  If he didn't then he's negligent and short-sighted.

We're going to find out who really wants to be where Obama took us (political spectrum-wise).  The 2016 election was more about Clinton being unelectable.  This 2020 race, to me, is more about Obama's legacy.

Very interesting take. I don't completely agree but you raise good points. What I think that you overlook in this post however is globalism. Trump is not on the "inside" with folks like Obama, Merkel, Hillary, etc. Neither is Putin and I believe this accounts for the BS Russian investigation.

It is also a fact that a great many of Obama's elitist white voters went that way to prove to themselves and others that they are not racists. Many of them live in ultra rich, segregated neighborhoods and send their little darlings to segregated private schools, but; a vote for Obama eradicates all white guilt for many rich hypocrites.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

HuffPo. 

I won't go into how they never, ever, ever reported on Michelle Obama's high staff turnover (because she was the Wicked Witch of Washington), this is again, the first salvo to take this person out of the Democratic Presidential race, and get her donors behind the sacrificial lamb. What comes next? No idea. 

Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s Mistreatment Of Staff Scared Off Candidates To Manage Her Presidential Bid

At least three people withdrew from consideration to lead the senator’s nascent campaign — in part because of Klobuchar’s history of mistreating her staff.

</snip>

This part of the story blows me away.

What is indisputable, however, is that Klobuchar’s office consistently has one of the highest rates of staff turnover in the Senate. Klobuchar’s rate of turnover ranked No. 1 in an analysis of all Senate staff salaries between 2001 and 2016, conducted by LegiStorm, a widely used database of congressional staff salaries.

Someone needs an intervention.

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Obama individually was/is very far left.  What would he have done if not shackled by a Republican House and Senate? What does he believe in?  He believes in financial reparations today for African Americans due to slavery.  He has said so in his own words.  He believes in redistribution through more paid entitlements for low income people (free healthcare, child care and others).  He believes in much higher taxation on the rich even to the point of limiting the worth of the rich.  He believes in open borders or nearly open borders.  He harbors bitter feelings of white colonialism and the white power structure around the world.  He is very anti-business especially toward large corporations.  He cares little about fiscal discipline.  He has criticized our constitution as one that fails to guarantee economic rights for the people.  He is without a doubt the most left President we ever had in terms of his political ideology.   He did seem to recognize that there were limits of Presidential power and what he could get done in 8 years and had to settle for only moving the needle so far left. 

The 2010 and 2016 elections will go down as some of the most important in the history of the country.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

He (Obama) believes in open borders or nearly open borders.

Obama deported 2,500,000 people in 8 years.  That's over 800 per day every day for 8 years. More than W and more than all of the presidents of the 20th century combined.

I'm fact, Human Rights groups refer to him as the Deporter-in-Chief.

https://www.blackagendareport.com/obama_legacy_deporter_in_chief

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/national-council-of-la-raza-janet-murguia-barack-obama-deporter-in-chief-immigration-104217

32 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Obama deported 2,500,000 people in 8 years.  That's over 800 per day every day for 8 years. More than W and more than all of the presidents of the 20th century combined.

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/national-council-of-la-raza-janet-murguia-barack-obama-deporter-in-chief-immigration-104217

And how do that many people end up in the country without open borders?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

The definition of deportation was changed to include people turned around from the U.S. near the border.  That ballooned the numbers.  That's been widely reported.

Obama also had his homeland security team process many illegal immigrants through certain checkpoints and then had them moved into the interior of the country by buses and planes.  He also funded churches and other groups to support these newly arrived people.  He made a decision to do that which is in stark contrast to Trump. 

I don't know about you guys, but Frau Blucher is really starting to grow on me.

It looks like it's time to make a donation to her 2020 run.

Yes, she can! Yes, she can! (Degrade and humiliate you while making you pick up her clothes, sort her socks, and STFU unless spoken to!)d

Hey Frau Blucher, when the Dems talk about keeping people on the plantation, it doesn't mean you get to treat them like crap, you vile pig.