SNF - The Marquee Matchup of Week Six: KC vs. NE at 8:20 PM ET on NBC

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Brilliant play, and throw. No doubt.  I just don’t think that can be counted on for long term sustainability.   

It sure helps buy you time while the other parts gel hopefully though 

Edited by NoSaint

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Mahomes is gimmicky.If you want long term success as a QB, stand in the pocket and deliver. Brady does it, Peyton did it, Brees does it.  If you have to run around and create stuff on the fly, that will eventually get figured out.  Allen needs to be much better in the pocket

Allen might turn out to be excellent in the pocket - he’s gotta learn to hang in there longer.

Mahomes isn’t gimmicky per se - I know he came from the ultimate gimmick offense in college, but Reid designed this around him. There’s nothing about Mahomes that says he can’t also be a pure pocket guy. Reid is just a crazy innovator. The kid is executing the plays Reid’s giving him.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Brilliant play, and throw. No doubt.  I just don’t think that can be counted on for long term sustainability.   

It really can’t. It’s a simple matter of geometry. Passing from the pocket gives you the most available field to exploit and forces defenses to defend more area. Once in a while you can roll out and hit a big play or two, but not consistently. Especially against great defensive coaches like Belichick.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Insane how lopsided refs are. The McD challenge last week was actually a good challenge and clearly was a first but refs refused to reverse it,

Stupid rule anyways. Within the field of play the ball is ruled out when the ball crosses the boundary line. It’d be easier on the refs to just call the ball out once a lunging ball carrier is ruled out of bounds, i.e., when they are down OOB. These refs are guessing when some WR is angling full-speed toward the sideline and diving out.