Bryce Love or Anthony Johnson

Buffalo03

I know it's way to early to be talking about the draft for next year but considering we will have to wait until next year to improve our offense anyway, which player would you rather have?

Bryce Love could be Shady's replacement or Anthony Johnson could be that receiver that this team so desperately needs and he's right in our own back yard. I would go with Johnson personally. We need offensive playmakers with that first round pick next year

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bryce Love is focused on becoming a doctor. Not even sure he wants to play football. Anthony Johnson for sure.

Yeah I agree. I would be careful about Love. He is also a small back and not an elusive runner like Shady. 4th round and up I’d be ok with. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Yeah I agree. I would be careful about Love. He is also a small back and not an elusive runner like Shady. 4th round and up I’d be ok with. 

I watch all of the Stanford games and Love does have that burst to break long runs but I'm not sure he'd be as effective in the NFL.  He's small and has really been bottled up this year.  McCaffrey is from the same system and I believe is faster and he doesn't break the long ones much in the NFL.

Anthony Johnson definitely reminds me of Eric Moulds and would be a big help to the Bills.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright
  • Like (+1) 1

Love is a lower leg injury waiting to happen. He also disappears at times imo. I haven't really looked that deep into the upcoming RB class yet to form an opinion. I know I like Weber from Ohio St., Dexter Williams @ ND, and the Penn St. RB Miles Sanders. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bryce Love is focused on becoming a doctor. Not even sure he wants to play football. Anthony Johnson for sure.

...he may NEED one...can't stay healthy and prreliminary 2018 assessments have him potentially slipping out of the 1st..............

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he may NEED one...can't stay healthy and prreliminary 2018 assessments have him potentially slipping out of the 1st..............

I don’t think either are 1st rounders fwiw. AJ is projected 2nd-3rd. I would take him in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I know it's way to early to be talking about the draft for next year but considering we will have to wait until next year to improve our offense anyway, which player would you rather have?

Bryce Love could be Shady's replacement or Anthony Johnson could be that receiver that this team so desperately needs and he's right in our own back yard. I would go with Johnson personally. We need offensive playmakers with that first round pick next year

When will we learn from past mistakes?

I realize that my initial comment wasn't very specific...

A few of the RBs and WRs that I have my eye on right now:

WRs:

N'Keal Harry - Still early, but I have him as the #1 WR in the draft class at the moment.

Kelvin Harmon - Good combination of route running and hands. Probably a first round pick, maybe top 15

Collin Johnson - Might be what Kelvin Benjamin should have been for us. I'd guess he's valued around the 2nd or 3rd round for now, maybe higher if he has a good Combine.

Olamide Zaccheus - Sometimes listed as a RB...he's explosive as hell however you want to use him. If Buffalo liked Ray-Ray, they'll like this guy too. Probably a Day 3 pick if I had to guess but I'm keeping an eye on him.

Tyre Brady - Always stood out to me when I was watching Chase Litton tape. Seems to be a Day 3/UDFA guy at the moment but I think he's undervalued.

RBs:

Damien Harris - Media views him as the #1 RB prospect in the draft this year, and given his connection to Daboll and his natural fit for where I think this offense is going, I think this is a serious possibility, especially if Buffalo trades McCoy. Strong runner, good vision/patience, willing pass blocker, good hands out of the backfield; the main flaw is that he looks pretty slow, not really elusive, and while he always falls forward, he doesn't seem to really run through people and keep going.

Matt Colburn II - I'd guess he's on the Day 3 radar right now, but he kinda reminds me of Doug Martin coming out of Boise State. Just seems like a good all-around RB to me.

Darrell Henderson - Absolutely tearing the country up right now; basically this year's Bryce Love while also bringing some pass-catching ability to the fold. Probably a Day 2 pick.

Karan Higdon - I think he might be the best RB in the class. Explosive, agile, and feisty as hell. My two complaints are that he has a smallish frame (School lists him at 5'10" 202 lbs, but I've seen him listed at 5'9" 190 elsewhere and he looks pretty small) and he hasn't had much of an opportunity as a receiver.

Edited by DCOrange

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Do not take RBs early in draft. 

And better WRs out there than Johnson 

Edited by MAJBobby

32 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

How about let's join the modern era of football and wait to draft a running back until round 4 or later.

What does selecting a RB in the 4th or later have to do with modern football? The best offenses in the league all drafted one in the 3rd or earlier in the last 3 years. The Bills haven’t drafted one at all in the last 2 years and haven’t drafted one before the 5th in 3 years... in fact they’ve only drafted 3 RBs total in the last 8 years.