Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Chemical said:

We were fine without him against MIN

thats true.

i do think that game is more of an example of the exception to the rule though.

defense played out of their minds and put the offense in great position throughout the game. 

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The Eagles are not trading anybody that is on par with McCoy.  If the rumor is true I still wish Beane had waited to open with a bid to see if a sub-package could have been done with perhaps one of our defensive depth guys for WR Matthews.

I have no idea what the Eagles could offer because I don't have the knowledge of them like I do with the Bills. Maybe someone not on par with McCoy talent wise, but maybe someone younger and above average? 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

To consider... Despite early season issues, Eagles are very likely to win NFC East and into playoffs. So... any pick we might get will very likely be a bottom of the round pick. Big difference picking 1st in round 2 vs last in round 2 (for instance).

If they lost in first round after lucking into the playoff, they'd likely not be that close to the bottom of the round (21st or 22nd, like us this year)...

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

competitive for what?

We're 2-3 and only 1 game away from the top of the AFC East. Technically speaking.

Edit: Sorry 2 games I guesss, but we've yet to play any division rivals. My point is we are competing.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

We're 2-3 and only 1 game away from the top of the AFC East. Technically speaking.

And all our games have been against teams coming off a winning record last year, three were on the road, and the two wins were against 2017-18 playoff teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

yeah but come on. We broke the drought. Super Bowl is all I care about now. That's not happening. The pick(s) we could get could be on a future super bowl contending online or WR corps. McCoy will be retired.

• Like (+1) 2

I would take nothing less than a 2019 #2. The chances of a pick taken in the early-mid 90s being a difference maker are low - and a lot lower than the chances of McCoy being a difference maker for Buffalo in 2018 and 2019. 

Bear in mind that despite all of the happy talk re McBeane, they can't really have back-to-back bad seasons. If the Bills are bad or ho-hum next year, they pressure will be on. They need to take a big step forward next year. 

If you don't want a 3rd for Shady, you don't understand what we're trying to build. A 4th or later is when you can start to complain.

A 3rd would be extremely strong value for a 30 year old running back with an expensive contract.

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

I see you have me confused with your kids .....MCD caused the limited talent by shipping the playmakers out and their inability to judge talent ( Tolbert, KB, Ducasse, ZAY, and his love for washed up Carolina players. Just because you like to keep your head in the sand that's up to you 

I see you have yourself confused with a Bills player if you think you knows what goes on in their locker room.  You're a joke.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

And all our games have been against teams coming off a winning record last year, three were on the road, and the two wins were against 2017-18 playoff teams. 

Exactly. People want to be pessimists, but why not be optimistic? We are coming off a playoff season with an upgraded defense and slightly downgraded offense, but with an improving talented QB. The whole AFC is tight right now and it's still early into the season. As I remember we got blown out a couple times last year too. Why can't I be excited? Why does it HAVE to be a rebuild? 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles