Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

I'm willing to bet the Eagles called, heard the price and moved on. I seriously doubt this trade goes any further other that tweets of "sources say no deal could be reached but they may revisit down the road". Just seems like a thing to float out there on a slow "clickbait Tuesday"..

25 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bear in mind that despite all of the happy talk re McBeane, they can't really have back-to-back bad seasons. If the Bills are bad or ho-hum next year, they pressure will be on. They need to take a big step forward next year. 

Oh, boy.  Like, I hate to be the one to tell you this but the post Ryan idiot brothers fumigation of OBD is going to likely be at a year longer than you expect.  Next year will be a very, very young offense of many new players.  Next year we will he the browns of this season.  

As for what McBeane taking pressure for it they already are - bills fans here this week are angry.  Heh.  Is what it is and will always be.  If they build a team around the emo needs of this fan base they will create an interesting mess.  Heh

44 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Terrell Owens build, hands of glue, could run the full route tree.

We gave him Flutie, Holcomb, Jp Losman & company. What a waste.

He had that one half season of good QB play in 2002 with Bledsoe and did have a connection with Flutie, but other than that, pure garbage.

Dude was a beast. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

not a lot for a team that is talented enough to win another SB or 2 

True. But id imagine a guy like Bell would come cheaper and on a 1 year deal

I also happen to believe both Clement and Smallwood(not to mention sproles) are a solid stable of rbs

If Philly does make this trade I wonder if it says more about the organizations faith in where wentz's recovery is, as you get a mccoy he becomes the focal point of your offense

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'd use the pick/picks we get from trading McCoy to get Bell here

You want to tie up 16-20 Mill a year at rb long term with a ton of guaranteed money upfront?  That is what Bell wants.   Pass we should draft a rb

• Like (+1) 4

Mack Hollins would be a great addition to this team, but I highly doubt the Eagles want to part with any contributing players in this kind of win now move.

That being said, we have all the leverage so we may as well be greedy.

We're not getting Agholor or Jeffrey so please stop with that madness.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Mack Hollins would be a great addition to this team, but I highly doubt the Eagles want to part with any contributing players in this kind of win now move.

That being said, we have all the leverage so we may as well be greedy.

How do we have leverage? Last i checked, Shady wasnt the only RB left on the planet 

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'd use the pick/picks we get from trading McCoy to get Bell here

Not me.  Bell is not a team player and he wants way more money that would tie up too much cap space.  There are always plenty of good RB's available in the draft.

Also...ex-Steeler offensive players never seem to do all that great on other teams.

1 minute ago, LLCoolCy said:

Well not according to Rap. 

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Mentioned last night the possibility of the #Eagles interest in LeSean McCoy. With a game Thursday night, timing would be difficult. Some interest, and the Eagles always look into everything. But nothing right now.

Read: "Like usual, I threw schitt at the wall yesterday, and also like usual it bounced back and is just about to hit me in the head."

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, gobills1212 said:

How do we have leverage? Last i checked, Shady wasnt the only RB left on the planet 

The guy is past his prime, but he still has the ability to make game changing plays. There are not many of those guys just sitting around. He's also a reliable receiver and pass blocker, attributes Pederson highly values. 

Like I said, they're desperate to win NOW. We'd like to have more draft capital, but it's not a desperate need. Immediacy creates leverage.