Ajayi out for season, Bell and Shady possible trade targets

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know what this means. The guy threw for 82 yards Sunday and looks like he couldn’t hit water from a boat. Trading Shady will do nothing for us. We aren’t going to get anything worth while for an older runningback with a big contract and he is by far the best player on this team. He will not bring back anything that I care about. There are very few untouchable players on this roster and to me, Shady is one of them. Keep him here until he’s done and that’s not now. I don’t care about the eagles. We have plenty of middle round draft picks already. We have almost no great players. Keep the 1 we have

Forget stats, it's about his ability and his leadership. It's easy to see why the Bills chose him.

I don't care about the Eagles either, which is why I would only take a high round pick.

4 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

What was he supposed to do besides gain 3000+ on the ground and lead the team in receptions every year?

I never said it was his fault...

We've had a spate of terrible coaching, junk QB's,  and one very good player in McCoy... That said, he's not getting any younger... McCoy still has significant value which could drop through the floor if he's injured... It's a business decision... Get somethin for him while we still can...

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Shady is in the priceless range for this team.

You only trade him for that teams most talented lineman or receiver, along with a pick.

I think you forgot the mark this as sarcasm but with some of the other crazy replies in this thread it's hard to tell.

Trade him.  Sad for sure.  Fun player and our best receiver and a captain but he's not part of 2020- and this is not our year.  Do ot soon befor possible injury makes him worthless this year.  Sorry shady. . .process first.  No one likes dieting but we all like the female attention at the other end.  Do it. . .  Do it !

DO IT

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know what this means. The guy threw for 82 yards Sunday and looks like he couldn’t hit water from a boat. Trading Shady will do nothing for us. We aren’t going to get anything worth while for an older runningback with a big contract and he is by far the best player on this team. He will not bring back anything that I care about. There are very few untouchable players on this roster and to me, Shady is one of them. Keep him here until he’s done and that’s not now. I don’t care about the eagles. We have plenty of middle round draft picks already. We have almost no great players. Keep the 1 we have

I see no point in keeping Shady if offers are coming in for him. This team is not winning more than 6 games with him. A 31 year old RB is not a long-term piece of the current foundation of the team. Allen’s development is independent of Shady’s presence.

Why keep him?

I doubt Philadelphia will trade a lot for a running back because they need to infuse their secondary with talent next year.  

Their defense can't get stops on 3rd down.  That secondary has been exposed in every game.  They are lucky to not be 1-4 or even 0-5.  Falcons and Colts almost had them.  The Schwartzian pressure is there but by the time they arrive in the backfield, the ball is out.    

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Do not trade shady. There is nothing on this offense besides shady. Can we ever just have anything? Nothing we will get for him, will be even close to as important as he is. Please do not trade him.

I agree. Only trade him if he wants it, and if there's decent compensation. He says he likes it in Buffalo, but Philly is probably #1 in his heart, so that could chnage his mind.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

I never said it was his fault...

We've had a spate of terrible coaching, junk QB's,  and one very good player in McCoy... That said, he's not getting any younger... McCoy still has significant value which could drop through the floor if he's injured... It's a business decision... Get somethin for him while we still can...

The point is he HAS been good for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

It seems that McCoy has bonded with Allen and along with being a captain makes McCoy vital to the team other than in the stats category.  No trade for a mid-round pick.  To make me think about it it would have to be a 1st and a player which the Eagles are unlikely to do.  I honestly think that the Eagles are looking at a few alternatives at a minimum which don't even include McCoy.

• Like (+1) 1

With a competent RB like Ivory in the back field & the other backs they have i think that Beans brain is going nuts figuring this one out & it would give Shady a chance to go for the big one with the team that drafted him & he could end his career in Philly his home .

I think he would be very appreciative of the fans here along with the team if this gets done, i know Shady has grown to love the Bills but it's still not the same i would imagine . 

If the Bills could some how get a 2 or possibly a 3 & a lower pick i would go for it because in the game against the Vikings when shady was down the other backs did a really good job so i think they are probably in talks as we sit here thinking & writing about it !! 

Edited by T master

11 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

If Marcus Murphy is someone they are confident could step into a much bigger role and be productive than yes.  Otherwise, they've been coasting on Shady being the only big weapon on offense for the rookie Allen, taking him away would put it all on Allen.  Not something I'd role the dice on.

The past few weeks have shown quite the lack of confidence in Murphy as he's been a healthy scratch. He consistently whiffed on blitz pick ups and struggles all around as a blocker because of his size.

If they trade Shady, they better think about picking up someone else from a practice squad or wherever because Ivory/Murphy isn't going to cut it.