Is Josh Allen just a taller Tyrod Taylor

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree 100%.   But that’s why I hated the Allen picl.  Do you trust the Bills to develop a raw qb?  This regime has failed at almost every offensive personnel move.  Now, We just have to trust them?

To be fair all rookie QBs are having a tough go of it in the NFL. Even Mayfield who has the most talent around him of any of the QBs has had his brain fart moments. Way too early CB though your concerns are legitimate. But as many continue to point out our O line is mediocre, WRs are MIA and OC so far is uninspiring. Plus it seems the coaches plan on protecting Allen as much as possible by running the ball with incredible predictability making it difficult to establish rhythm with his awesome receiving corps. Time will tell but I give you credit for defending your post addressing each flame as it comes. Many here post and then " tuck and run". 

Edited by billsbackto81

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You realized our qb passed for 80 yard in a W?  He “led” a comeback where his coach won’t let him throw the ball past the line of scrimmage?

Do you realize that you're complaining about the offensive coaching staff for not putting the ball in the hands of the QB you don't trust?

15 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He’s worse because at least Tyrod didn’t turn the ball over 

The guy had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin. Hogan, Mccoy and still had 100 yard passing days. 

Allen > Tyrod all day every day 

Watkins 6 grabs for 78 yards vs the Jags yesterday could have helped Allen a ton 

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With all respect, potential and lack of potential look the same until potential is realized ?

Their run blocking has been factually awful with occasional glimpses of passable

Like I said, I'm going to be interested to have a look at the all-22

:D sorry Hap.  I got a chuckle from the first line 

;) 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

The guy had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin. Hogan, Mccoy and still had 100 yard passing days. 

Allen > Tyrod all day every day 

Watkins 6 grabs for 78 yards vs the Jags yesterday could have helped Allen a ton 

I'm no Tyrod Taylor fan and yes Allen has been put in an awful situation with a lack of offensive talent around him but that doesn't explain his deficiencies. Multiple times yesterday he made WR's try to catch what should've been easy completions off the carpet. 

My biggest concern isnt with Allen’s ability, it’s with the lack of offensive talent and offensive minds (coaches) on this team. 

Allen is facing an uphill battle unfortunately because no one on this coaching staff should be near an NFL offense. 

Add the fact that we have no offensive threats beyond a 30yr old shady. It’s clear Allen has not landed in a good spot. Hopefully he can stand the storm for a year or 2 so we can surround him with an Oline and 4 new WR. 

11 hours ago, Doc said:

Like I said before, give Allen Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan and then we can compare the two.  Oh yeah, and 5 more years in the league.

I agree that he needs more talent around him, but no amount of talent is going to magically make Allen into an accurate passer.

10 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

How’d Josh Rosen do today? 77 qb rating

Baker? 81.7

Darnold? 98.1

Allen 42

This is his 4th start his OC isn’t giving him any help either with the long running route trees these people are running. But right now he’s 4th out of the 5 qbs who were drafted and that’s just because Jackson hasn’t started yet. He needs to pick it up. I’m not nervous because it’ll take a bit. But he doesn’t look good throwing the ball. And playing qb in this league has never ever been easier. 

Anyone know what Josh’s rating would be if we remove the INT?  And then if we add the catch and yardage?

It's really tough just having the broadcast angle, but from what I saw of the game there were several instances the oline gave Allen all the time in the world to process and he ended up eating the ball.  Without having the all-22, it was impossible for me to tell if our receivers just couldn't get open or if he's simply locking on one guy and focused on not making mistakes.

The fact that Allen doesn't fear any throw to any point on the field is proof enough for me that he's not a taller Tyrod Taylor. He's gonna show hesitancy from time to time and other times he's going to drop back, decide and throw, like that perfect pass he hit to Clay over the middle early in the game. That was executed exactly how it's drawn up. Allen dropped and as soon as he hit his back foot he fired it, just as Clay comes out of his break, it's on him as soon as he puts his hands up. Great throw and catch for a first down. Those types of throws don't happen with Taylor here. Even when he was surrounded by Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Clay, etc. Taylor has to see his man wide open before he throws it. Allen, while he does do that as well, has shown the ability to throw it on time and with anticipation. It's no doubt a skill he still needs to work on but just the fact that we've seen him do it on several occasions should bode well for his future. Just keep learning, keep rounding out his game, I think he'll be alright.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

?

all we heard this offseasin is sin is our passing game couldn’t get worse.  Well in a league where offense records are being set, we are barely over 100 yards passing!  

Wins are always nice but other Bills qb would be getting killed for this game.  This is Allen’s 3rd won in 2 years where he passed for under 100 yards.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  

A project rookie from a small school being equivalent to a 7-year vet at his ceiling would mean Beane absolutely NAILED the pick. Since it means we arent taking a step back and have no where to go but up from here.

So yeah, maybe right now, in his rookie year, Allen is Taylor. That's more of an insult to Taylor than a knock on Allen.