Is Josh Allen just a taller Tyrod Taylor

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  So predictable.  Guess what?  For the last 2 years, I wanted to move on from Tyrod.  ?

i just hate double standards.  I hated this games from Tyrod and I hated it today.  And Allen has had more of this games in college than people want to admit.  It’s worrisome. 

Positive note.  Defense played great.

Double standard? Comparing a rookie QB to a 7 year NFL vet is a fair and balanced thing to do? That seems like a pretty unreasonable standard. Do you think a 9 month old baby will never grow up to be able to walk? Of course not! That's absurd! Sure that would be amazing, but not the standard.

Edited by NewDayBills

Actually Allen is doing better than I thought.  His turnovers have been fairly limited so far.  My thought was a rookie might throw for more yard but put the defense in a bad spot with turnovers. So far he has been ok with the football.  His INT toady was 100% on Streeter and the DB making a very good play on the ball.  

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hear ya. I am looking at Allen as Allen. He is a rookie. If I see Allen doing the same things in game 25 as he is in game 4, then I will be with you. We need to remind ourselves even the good quarterbacks make ‘what the heck’ plays. Go watch Big Ben’s pick just before half today. He literally through a jump floater into the end zone that got picked. 

I want to see the qb progress. I was this way with Tyrod. I gave him a pass and wanted to see progression. The progression never came. So for me Tyrod had to go. 

Very fair.  But man, sometimes you can just tell.  I was one of the last defenders of EJ, JP, and Trent.  But there were plenty of signs early.  I’m still giving the guy 2 years but I’m very worried about the ability to get offensive players around him.  

I love St Brown in the draft and I’m watching him make plays with Rodgers.  He was a 6’5” freak who went in the 6th.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I heard Eagles fans booing tonight.  It is stupid but you can’t get frustrated with your team?  We should just be happy with this offense?  

Im sure Allen is a good dude.  But man, other qbs would get killed for this.  Sorry for having expectations for the highest drafted Bills qb ever to get 100 yards passing.  

He was the only football player from both teams to score a touchdown today AND he guided the winning drive! What is wrong with you?

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Double standard? Comparing a rookie QB to a 7 year NFL vet is a fair and balanced thing to do? That seems like a pretty unreasonable standard. Do you think a 9 month old baby will never grow up to be able to walk? Of course not! That's absurd! Sure that would be amazing, but not the standard.

Tyrod was a 6th rounder who was talked about switching positions in the nfl.  Allen is the highest drafted qb in franchise history.  So yeah, I expect better performances than this.  

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

He was the only football player from both teams to score a touchdown today AND he guided the winning drive! What is wrong with you?

Haha.  What a drive!  

Our standards for good good football are so low.  I get being a homer.  I used to be a hardcore one.  But go watch other teams.  We are like in a different league offensive.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How’d Josh Rosen do today? 77 qb rating

Baker? 81.7

Darnold? 98.1

Allen 42

This is his 4th start his OC isn’t giving him any help either with the long running route trees these people are running. But right now he’s 4th out of the 5 qbs who were drafted and that’s just because Jackson hasn’t started yet. He needs to pick it up. I’m not nervous because it’ll take a bit. But he doesn’t look good throwing the ball. And playing qb in this league has never ever been easier. 

Edited by kbarrettb
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Very fair.  But man, sometimes you can just tell.  I was one of the last defenders of EJ, JP, and Trent.  But there were plenty of signs early.  I’m still giving the guy 2 years but I’m very worried about the ability to get offensive players around him.  

I love St Brown in the draft and I’m watching him make plays with Rodgers.  He was a 6’5” freak who went in the 6th.  

St. Brown has had three catches on the year and Allen has made 4 career starts.

Make it stop,

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Actually Allen is doing better than I thought.  His turnovers have been fairly limited so far.  My thought was a rookie might throw for more yard but put the defense in a bad spot with turnovers. So far he has been ok with the football.  His INT toady was 100% on Streeter and the DB making a very good play on the ball.  

Holmes. Watch the games. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

?

all we heard this offseasin is sin is our passing game couldn’t get worse.  Well in a league where offense records are being set, we are barely over 100 yards passing!  

Wins are always nice but other Bills qb would be getting killed for this game.  This is Allen’s 3rd won in 2 years where he passed for under 100 yards.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  

No, it isn’t.

Tyrod was an 8 year vet and it was pretty clear to all that he was either plateaued or regressing.

Allen is a raw rookie who is widely held to need development.  This is Allen’s 4th start in the NFL.

And bringing in his college record is just weak sauce.  Dilfer’s passing records and low INTs as a college QB didn’t matter once he got to the in the NFL and threw more INTs than TDs for years; similarly, Allen’s games at Wyoming with a weak OL and WR may or may not reflect the development he can achieve in the NFL.

Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I heard Eagles fans booing tonight.  It is stupid but you can’t get frustrated with your team?  We should just be happy with this offense?  

Im sure Allen is a good dude.  But man, other qbs would get killed for this.  Sorry for having expectations for the highest drafted Bills qb ever to get 100 yards passing.  

Yeah this was a worse Tyrod win than an actual Tyrod win.

For whatever passing yardage is worth he's definitely going in the wrong direction.

This was a true "play-not-to-lose" game and offenses and young QB's just don't grow and get better playing that style of football, IMO.

See the Jauron era for an example.........DJ once beat GB and Jax at home by narrow margins and the next year those two teams were playing in their respective championship games while Jauron was 7-9 again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

?

all we heard this offseasin is sin is our passing game couldn’t get worse.  Well in a league where offense records are being set, we are barely over 100 yards passing!  

Wins are always nice but other Bills qb would be getting killed for this game.  This is Allen’s 3rd won in 2 years where he passed for under 100 yards.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  

He has light years to go to even be called competent.

However, he has shown a willingness to stick the ball in any spot that TT never did.

What I see is when he sees it and doesn’t think he throws some sweet darts that are amazingly perfect. However, when he seemingly try’s to put touch on some of the short stuff he is inaccurate.   

Today, he was underthrowing dumpoffs( a few of which were caught) and that long throw that fell between KB and the nearer receiver was befuddling. 

I agree that he is being put in a terrible position with this Offensive unit BUT he looked pretty EJ- esque today with his accuracy or lack thereof.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tyrod was a 6th rounder who was talked about switching positions in the nfl.  Allen is the highest drafted qb in franchise history.  So yeah, I expect better performances than this.  

Do you expect this guy to be a football version of Jesus Christ? Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold all had games like this. Please please please don't make me dig through game logs of HOF QBs rookie seasons. 

Is this simply an ego trip on your end? You want to be hailed as a clairvoyant and wise leader, first to call it after 4 games! Wow!!! Amazing! How'd you do that? We should just cut Allen based off your feeling, after all, you can just tell! What can go wrong?

Edited by NewDayBills

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m sorry.  I’m venting.  Allen was the last guy I wanted the Bills to draft.  He seems to have the right attitude but his scouting report is dead on.

he is displaying all the things Taylor got killed for.  

If this thread is really you venting because you didn’t want the Bills to draft Allen, then it does deserve to be closed.  

That ship has sailed and has been discussed to death.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He has light years to go to even be called competent.

However, he has shown a willingness to stick the ball in any spot that TT never did.

What I see is when he sees it and doesn’t think he throws some sweet darts that are amazingly perfect. However, when he seemingly try’s to put touch on some of the short stuff he is inaccurate.   

Today, he was underthrowing dumpoffs( a few of which were caught) and that long throw that fell between KB and the nearer receiver was befuddling. 

I agree that he is being put in a terrible position with this Offensive unit BUT he looked pretty EJ- esque today with his accuracy or lack thereof.

I definitely agree Allen attempts passes Tyrod won’t.  But what is the point of drafting a qb with a big arm if you never use it.  

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree 100%.   But that’s why I hated the Allen picl.  Do you trust the Bills to develop a raw qb?  This regime has failed at almost every offensive personnel move.  Now, We just have to trust them?

But this regime has been here for just over a season...not much time to evaluate their success or failure.