Is Josh Allen just a taller Tyrod Taylor

I think this QB class has the best opportunity to succeed since Kelly, Marino and Elway. Mayfield looks the most immediately polished but none of them look bad. I mean you really can’t even really evaluate Allen with these lousy receivers we have.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah this was a worse Tyrod win than an actual Tyrod win.

For whatever passing yardage is worth he's definitely going in the wrong direction.

This was a true "play-not-to-lose" game and offenses and young QB's just don't grow and get better playing that style of football, IMO.

See the Jauron era for an example.........DJ once beat GB and Jax at home by narrow margins and the next year those two teams were playing in their respective championship games while Jauron was 7-9 again.

For whatever it’s worth, I see it differently.  I think this was a smack down game for the OL and run game.  

I think McDermott challenged Daboll to put the game on the OL and establish a run game, Or Else.

I’m going to be very interested to see what the run blocking looks like when I can slow it down enough on Coach’s Film for me to tease it apart.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If this thread is really you venting because you didn’t want the Bills to draft Allen, then it does deserve to be closed.  

That ship has sailed and has been discussed to death.

Yeah, we need more threads with people making jokes about Tre White’s mother. 

It was a legit thread that showed double standards some fans have.  But it’s your board so I’ll respect your wishes.

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

But this regime has been here for just over a season...not much time to evaluate their success or failure.

I believe they done a good job on the defensive side. 

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m sorry.  I’m venting.  Allen was the last guy I wanted the Bills to draft.  He seems to have the right attitude but his scouting report is dead on.

he is displaying all the things Taylor got killed for.  

In the drunken stupor where you think Allen is "physically" lighter than Tyrod Taylor? 

Did you also miss the two passes for first downs he made on the game winning drive? 

I used to respect your opinion and read your posts. After reading this I do believe that you will carry this dislike for a player you dislike no matter what he does. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It was a legit thread that showed double standards some fans have.  But it’s your board so I’ll respect your wishes.

I think the D is trending well and I hope they go after a ton of O next year.  Personally I am trying to temper my feelings until after this season and offseason to see what happens.

BUT....I get the frustration.  BUT ALSO....Bills won!  Let it carry your week.  Mondays are better after they win lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

In the drunken stupor where you think Allen is "physically" lighter than Tyrod Taylor? 

Did you also miss the two passes for first downs he made on the game winning drive? 

I used to respect your opinion and read your posts. After reading this I do believe that you will carry this dislike for a player you dislike no matter what he does. 

The 2 yard screens?  I mean they worked but they aren’t passes I’m going to tell my grandkids about.  

25 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

want to see the qb progress. 

Have to say, he threw one away today ( low bar) but it was a sign of progress. 

It is these super small plays here and there that I look for. I missed most of thecsecond half( have it recorded/ out of town) but I didn’t see him do anything egregiously stupid today.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I think the D is trending well and I hope they go after a ton of O next year.  Personally I am trying to temper my feelings until after this season and offseason to see what happens.

BUT....I get the frustration.  BUT ALSO....Bills won!  Let it carry your week.  Mondays are better after they win lol

Fair enough brother.  But football can be so much better.  Bills fans always seem to have to settle for a water down version of what the rest of the league does.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He has light years to go to even be called competent.

However, he has shown a willingness to stick the ball in any spot that TT never did.

What I see is when he sees it and doesn’t think he throws some sweet darts that are amazingly perfect. However, when he seemingly try’s to put touch on some of the short stuff he is inaccurate.   

Today, he was underthrowing dumpoffs( a few of which were caught) and that long throw that fell between KB and the nearer receiver was befuddling. 

I agree that he is being put in a terrible position with this Offensive unit BUT he looked pretty EJ- esque today with his accuracy or lack thereof.

TBH I’m starting to believe that we can’t judge Allen’s accuracy too well on any throw involving KB.  If I recall correctly, there was an earlier play where I observed KB jogging towards the end zone and Allen significantly overthrew him.  Maybe that one he actually ran at full speed.   I think KB may not run consistent routes so any QB will have trouble judging throws to him.  He also does not adjust or come back the way top WR do.

That is not to say I don’t have concerns about Allen’s throwing abilities, but I’m not befuddled by just about anything that happens when Allen throws to KB, except in a good way when KB manages to catch one.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If we had more threads about Tre White’s mother I would merge them.

It’s not my board, I just “give back” by donating my time trying to make it a decent place to discuss football.

The claim of a “double standard” because an 8 year vet who started what, 43 games? And a rookie who has started 4, aren’t held to the same standard, is absurd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah this was a worse Tyrod win than an actual Tyrod win.

For whatever passing yardage is worth he's definitely going in the wrong direction.

This was a true "play-not-to-lose" game and offenses and young QB's just don't grow and get better playing that style of football, IMO.

See the Jauron era for an example.........DJ once beat GB and Jax at home by narrow margins and the next year those two teams were playing in their respective championship games while Jauron was 7-9 again.

Big Ben went 15-1 with that style of football as a rookie. He is a raw player, playing ball control is a good strategy this year. Allen also made some huge third downs today and seemed to be settling in towards the end of the game. I think he showed some growth today. He definitely doesn’t have a WR he can trust right now. Hopefully Ray Ray can develop into something.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I definitely agree Allen attempts passes Tyrod won’t.  But what is the point of drafting a qb with a big arm if you never use it.  

So far, he seems to be able to throw it on a rope like nobody I’ve seen in a long time.

His long balls are consistently overthrown. Is it because his receivers ( KB on flee flicker ) are simply blanketed and he recognizes it and decides to over throw to be safe while looking for a hold/ PI?  Or, does he just suck at the long ball.?

If Sammy was here, would he suddenly look better or would he overthrow him as well?

We can’t know until he has legitimate receivers , which he doesn’t.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH I’m starting to believe that we can’t judge Allen’s accuracy too well on any throw involving KB.  If I recall correctly, there was an earlier play where I observed KB jogging towards the end zone and Allen significantly overthrew him.  Maybe that one he actually ran at full speed.   I think KB may not run consistent routes so any QB will have trouble judging throws to him.  He also does not adjust or come back the way top WR do.

That is not to say I don’t have concerns about Allen’s throwing abilities, but I’m not befuddled by just about anything that happens when Allen throws to KB, except in a good way when KB manages to catch one.

If we had more threads about Tre White’s mother I would merge them.

It’s not my board

The claim of a “double standard” because an 8 year vet who started what, 43 games? And a rookie who has started 4, aren’t held to the same standard, is absurd.

Should have kept this thread locked.  

41 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You are better than this OP. I would expect this from one of the newer posters sent over after that other site closed down. 

The point is, he isn’t better than this, top 5 worst poster on TBD... This is the norm with him...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fair enough brother.  But football can be so much better.  Bills fans always seem to have to settle for a water down version of what the rest of the league does.  

For me personally I would love to be the current Rams but I think we just need to be patient and see where this goes (and keep discussing).  I would !@#$ing love for Allen and the Bills to turn into a juggernaut on both sides of the ball but I think right now this rebuild and (oh god) process is in its infancy.  

This could be a season we look back on and say "remember when we all thought Allen would suck and McBeane would get canned"?  Or we could be saying "holcomb, flutie/johnson, bledsoe, Losman, ej, allen...man why cant the Bill's get a QB?!" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For whatever it’s worth, I see it differently.  I think this was a smack down game for the OL and run game.  

I think McDermott challenged Daboll to put the game on the OL and establish a run game, Or Else.

I’m going to be very interested to see what the run blocking looks like when I can slow it down enough on Coach’s Film for me to tease it apart.

We beat the Titans at their own game. They usually play good D and control the clock. That was one of the best 4 minute drives I have witnessed as a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See my above reply to Biscuit.

I’m in Complete agreement about KB. Said so during game thread about his coverage jogging on the flee flicker. Dude IS slow!

And when he finally catches that 3 rd down he’s within a hair of fumbling the freaking ball?