Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

Our receivers can not get separation...at all.. It’s a joke.

The Pats receivers, almost any other teams are open because they run strong, precise routes. Until we get some great route runners in this place who care on every snap to run their routes with speed and precision, every pass will have a chance to get picked. 

No way can we evaluated Allen with this bunch.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

The kid plays with passion, and our defense is what we that they are. Can we just get players to compliment a strong kid who would do anything to win?

Great thread something that has not been discussed yet ?

a million times !

Edited by Putin

Replacing him with a street FA would be an incredible blunder.  Buffalo needs Allen to mature.  Only way that happens is by getting experiance.  I would like to see an effort to get him in rythem.  Easy reads easy throws on early downs.  This year Buffalo is going to have to win ugly.  

48 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wanna see him behind a better OL and some real NFL receivers next year.  This year is just a learning process for him.  

OL played very well today. Probably need to leave them out of it.

34 minutes ago, McBean said:

I promised I wouldn’t judge him until after next season with better playmakers.

See the Andre Holmes play today.

This is where I’m at.  

Allen could clearly be better, but he basically has to be perfect on his chances because it will be another year before that receiver gets open again.. even then, see the perfect throw to Holmes that ended up being a INT on the stat line. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DougFlutie7 said:

Amazing how fans have to lie to themselves instead of dealing with reality.  Josh Allen was AWFUL. Absolutely brutal. Anyone saying different are just lying to themselves. 

Peterman is brutal. Allen is meh. Anyone saying different has an agenda. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We don't have a QB coach?

He was a WR coach for the Chiefs and a few other teams. He's not really a QB coach and has no real history of it. He's been a WR coach for 12 years in the NFL but never a QB coach in the NFL. So no.

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Derek Andersen is going to be Allens mentor. Nothing more. 

This is officially Josh Allens team. 

I agree, there is no way Anderson  will survive behind this O-Line. After today I'm 100% onboard the relese KB and Croom train and just bring in two good players off another teams PS at those positions.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He was a WR coach for the Chiefs and a few other teams. He's not really a QB coach and has no real history of it. He's been a WR coach for 12 years in the NFL but never a QB coach in the NFL. So no.

But he has the duties of a QB coach, correct? It's just a different job than he's had in the past. Which isn't that unusual.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, there is no way Allen will survive behind this O-Line. After today I'm 100% onboard the relese KB and Croom train and just bring in two good players off another teams PS at those positions.

He didn't get hit too much today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen wasn’t my first choice, but he’s our guy now. I watched Rosen throw some awful balls a while ago, then changed the channel. I don’t know how this turns out, but if everything else is going in the right direction (the D looked VERY solid today), but Allen proves he’s not the guy, I hope this FO gets another shot at the QB Lotto. You shouldn’t lose your position just because you missed ona coin toss. 

Still, hard to tell with a rookie playing behind a weak line throwing to guys who can’t separate or catch reliably. That INT should have been a nice, positive play.  

2 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Amazing how fans have to lie to themselves instead of dealing with reality.  Josh Allen was AWFUL. Absolutely brutal. Anyone saying different are just lying to themselves. 

yeah, he's pretty raw but not unexpected so I'm willing to except he's a rookie taking his lumps a long the way.

don't think I'd go as far as to say brutal though, last week was brutal..

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Imagine if TT had 82 yards passing in a win.  Would you post he is the missing piece? 

Nope, and if Allen is a six year Vet I won’t be saying that either. 

Allen didn’t have a good game today. He made some good throws. I want to see how he does with good wide receivers. Zay is ok. The rest are bad or not trying(Benjamin is a disgrace and shouldn’t be allowed to wear the shield). 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

But he has the duties of a QB coach, correct? It's just a different job than he's had in the past. Which isn't that unusual.

But he hasn't coached QB's in the NFL. He was a QB coach 30 years ago at Southwestern Louisiana and Middle Tennessee State! That's it. That is the guy you trust to help develop Josh Allen in 2018? It's criminal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1