Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's the guy the head coach trusts. I had no say in the matter. trust the process.

What makes you think that McDermott knows a lot about offense? Last year's offense? His personnel decisions? Nathan Peterman? Rick Dennison? Luis Castillo? I'm very serious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

So..you don't put any blame on our flankers?????

Sure but him having a 42 qb rating is just bad. Watch the game. Right now he’s a better runner than he is an nfl qb 

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I thought he played OK and did what they asked him to relatively well. They leaned on the run game heavily as they should have given our lack of ability on the line and amongst our receivers.

U think just above a 50% completion rate and a 42 qb rating is playing ok. Ok then. 

Allen was bad as a passer today, obviously, he didn't have many opportunities but when he had a couple he couldn't deliver the right pass. That's will happen when you feature the running game and you don't ask your QB to do too much.

It was ugly at times for him, but I'm not worried, he can learn from this game.

Daboll needs to dial up more quick passes like the one to Clay after a PA and start featuring Zay Jones as your #1 WR. Benjamin is not a part of the team's future.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Derek Anderson may get paralyzed behind this OL. I'm not sure he can step in Monday and start next week. I think he's insurance but if he has something left in the tank, we. should run the car until it's empty, 

Really? So the QB is the only issue and the rest of the offense is fine?

4 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Sure but him having a 42 qb rating is just bad. Watch the game. Right now he’s a better runner than he is an nfl qb 

U think just above a 50% completion rate and a 42 qb rating is playing ok. Ok then. 

The INT, that was off of Andre Holmes hands and face dropped his QB rating by 22 points. But yeah, the 42 is just Allen being bad

1 minute ago, kbarrettb said:

Sir..I watch every game,even twice.One thing I will say about Josh is the fact he doesn't complete his throws to the flat..he isn't "following through"..he soft tossed in those situations again today.In addition,week in and week out,he forgets about his tight ends....he didn't see a wide open Clay a few times today.

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

they definitely did better than previous weeks, but a 35 yr old Anderson is not going to be Mr. Mobile QB.

No, but he's not going to sit back there like a deer in headlights either. He will be fine.

26 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Kid looked like hot garbage today. He has a ton of potential. But today was not a good day for Allen. He threw for 82 yards w a completion rate of just over 50%. They are literally asking him to do nothing. 

They ran it all but one play. Seriously. 

Go back and look at it again....and learn how to count

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Go back and look at it again....and learn how to count

42 qb rating is bad no matter how u slice it. One or two passes didn’t matter. He wasn’t good today. They relied HEAVILY on the run because he isn’t a good qb right now. 

1 minute ago, kbarrettb said:

42 qb rating is bad no matter how u slice it. One or two passes didn’t matter. He wasn’t good today. They relied HEAVILY on the run because he isn’t a good qb right now. 

Nobody said he was good today.....

- His TD run directly counted towards the points that won the game

- He was on target with his throws on the final drive to seal the game

but when you hate him of course those things are gonna get left out of your fricken agenda

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

so, after a win. you felt the need to come to the board and spew your negativity with bashing the rookie?

you're a real swell kid, real swell.

Edited by no name
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

but when you hate him of course those things are gonna get left out of your fricken agenda

I don’t hate him. Just being honest about today. No reason to think anything else other than that 

Allen plays like a rookie... he makes a lot of rookie mistakes... but he also makes plays that are amazing.  He had several throws today that were fantastic.  With time and more playmakers around him, we will hopefully see more of the good and less bad.  In the meantime, we need to see more of today's  recipe- heavy run game and top notch defense.  

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t hate him. Just being honest about today. No reason to think anything else other than that 

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Your full of crap

Oh screw off. Why would I hate Allen? He’s played 4 games. What’s there to hate? Just saying he didn’t play well today. Also you’re 

Edited by kbarrettb
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, ******* said:

ARE you kidding me? He is NOT accurate and you cannot teach accuracy. Plain and simple. There will be another starting qb in a few years

I keep hearing this over and over and it strikes me as imprecise at best and lazy at worst.  What is meant by accuracy?  To me, it means the ability to get the ball in tight windows.  Some quarterbacks have ballpark accuracy...and can't hit precise targets.  From what I have seen, Allen can, both off the field and on.  When sports science had the top quarterbacks try to hit the crossbar from 35 yards, Allen was the only one to hit it.  At some rookie event (we've all seen the video), Allen was the only one to throw the ball through the tire.  And, as I said, it's not just off the field of play.  The throw in pre-season to Ray-Ray in the corner of the end zone is a good example.  And actually, the pass to Holmes that was intercepted is a good example....thrown before the break and hit him right in the hands.

I DO think there is cause for concern.  He IS erratic....so his accuracy does not always play out...usually because he is in a bad position....and yes, passes in the flat continue to be a problem (but have improved).  My concern is with his pre-snap reads and decision making.  A good example of being erratic is the interception in the end zone last week.  He threw late over the deep middle while he was falling away and on his back foot.  No...that ball did not go anywhere near where he wanted to go, but, to me, that was a decision problem, not an accuracy problem.  And these things CAN be taught....but not everyone picks it up.  Some get better, some never do.  So, I am not sure about Allen, but it is not accuracy...at least what I would define as accuracy...that is the problem.