Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

No, you're right.  Let's anoint him as the savior now.  We haven't had a QB recently who ever had a 4th Q comeback.  EJ Manuel never did that, Tyrod Taylor never did that.  Those 2 swing passes and handoffs are the foundations of a dynasty I tells ya.  We got it right this time for sure.

So the play calling, doing exactly what was asked of him, not turning it over on the final drive and ultimately winning the game are faults.

Good to know.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

So the play calling, doing exactly what was asked of him, not turning it over on the final drive and ultimately winning the game are faults.

Good to know.

Again, only Bills fans can look at an OC completely taking a game out of the hands of the QB as a plus.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Again, only Bills fans can look at an OC completely taking a game out of the hands of the QB as a plus.

We saw this exact same game against this exact team with Tyrod. And the exact same posters said he “executed when he needed to.”

Tyrod is now riding the pine.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

The kid plays with passion, and our defense is what we that they are. Can we just get players to compliment a strong kid who would do anything to win?

He'll need to develop much more in several of these key areas.

why would any OC of any qb make him drop back and risk to's when they can move the chains with safe runs and passes? most teams don't stray away from the safe stuff if its working. that would be foolish. it was a consistent methodical drive.

smarten up man.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I agree with this also...he simply did what needed to be done to win

We’ve gone back to setting the bar as low as possible with QBs.

He didn’t throw up all over himself and throw a bunch of back breaking interceptions. It wasn’t so bad!

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He wasnt impressive yesterday.

I agree. But after the debacle of the Green Bay game it was encouraging to just see the offense not shoot themselves in the foot time and time again. He left some plays on the field that he could have made but he also largely wasn't asked to do much. Which for now is probably the correct game plan. Ask him to do too much and we might see another game like the Green Bay game.

Just now, Bangarang said:

He didn’t throw up all over himself and throw a bunch of back breaking interceptions. It wasn’t so bad!

We all want 300 yards and 5 TDs

It will come when he he isnt throwing to bad pass catcher's and isnt running for his life

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

why would any OC of any qb make him drop back and risk to's when they can move the chains with safe runs and passes? most teams don't stray away from the safe stuff if its working. that would be foolish. it was a consistent methodical drive.

smarten up man.

Yep, you're right.  They were an offensive machine yesterday.  It was "working".

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

right.... if you take out all context then that's what you get.

SMH.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We all want 300 yards and 5 TDs

It will come when he he isnt throwing to bad pass catcher's and isnt running for his life

Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. I’m not going to set the bar so insanely low just so he can meet expectations. If the best thing someone can say about his play is the amount of passion he has then there’s a problem. 

Yep, you're right.  They were an offensive machine yesterday.  It was "working".

ya.... that's what I said... please don't put words in my mouth.

and I was referring to the last drive. did it do the job? was it effective? why drop your young passer back to throw when you are rolling down the field on the ground and short passes. seriously man. use you're freaking brain and don't be so extreme about your views. 

I say the last drive worked and you go off on a dumbass tangent on how I said the offense was a machine yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. I’m not going to set the bar so insanely low just so he can meet expectations. If the best thing someone can say about his play is the amount of passion he has then there’s a problem. 

Remember, he just needs to learn how to read a NFL defense, throw with anticipation and display consistent accuracy beyond the LOS. 

Those are LITERALLY the hardest things for a QB to do. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Can we ask for more TD’s than interceptions? Completing 60% of your passes?

I think that's reasonable. I don't think he played great yesterday...… I also think adding in some context like game flow and who's around him should be a reasonable factor as well.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ya.... that's what I said... please don't put words in my mouth.

and I was referring to the last drive. did it do the job? was it effective? why drop your young passer back to throw when you are rolling down the field on the ground and short passes. seriously man. use you're freaking brain and don't be so extreme about your views. 

I say the last drive worked and you go off on a dumbass tangent on how I said the offense was a machine yesterday.

Yesterday was a one-off at best.  You cannot win playing football that way consistently.  I think you know that and you are turning a blind eye to it.  Allen looks worse as a passer now than EJ Manuel did at any point as a starter.