Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

That be awesome, but the odds are quite unfavorable.  

NCAA rate stats are rarely matched in the NFL, let alone proven upon. 

That doesn't mean he can't be a great QB, but it's a long shot he becomes that type of passer. 

That's embarrassing then.  In 2017, 25 QB' s accomplished that feat.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Yesterday was a one-off at best.  You cannot win playing football that way consistently.  I think you know that and you are turning a blind eye to it.  Allen looks worse as a passer now than EJ Manuel did at any point as a starter.

I agree with that 100%

My point is game situation and flow need to be taken into account. and I was referencing the final drive, primarily. the run game is humming. the short passes are working why in gods name would you go away from it and why in the world would you blame the qb?

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I agree with that 100%

My point is game situation and flow need to be taken into account. and I was referencing the final drive, primarily. the run game is humming. the short passes are working why in gods name would you go away from it and why in the world would you blame the qb?

Our RBs averaged 3.5 ypc with the longest run being 16 yards. I’d hardly call that humming.

The reality is that our offense is forced to be one dimensional and rely on the run again because we simply can’t throw the ball. 

Edited by Bangarang

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Our RBs averaged 3.5 ypc with the longest run being 16 yards. I’d hardly call that humming.

The reality is that our offense is forced to be one dimensional and rely on the run again because we simply can’t throw the ball. 

I literally typed out there, that I was referencing the final drive. was the run game working or not? did you see any need in the final drive to have the rookie drop back and throw down the field? I didn't, and i'm not gonna fault him or the OC for going with what gameflow dictated at that point.

and again. how about some context as to why they cant throw. i'd like to think you already know its hardly just on the qb there.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

25 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Can we ask for more TD’s than interceptions? Completing 60% of your passes?

Can we ask receivers to stop dropping passes that hit them right in the hand and popping balls up in the air to be intercepted?

There is a guy on the other end of these throws.....and Josh has literally thrown ONE bad ball that was a interception...the rest where right there for the receiver to win his matchup.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Where is the "Josh Allen was quietly spectacular yesterday" thread?  Disappointed in the OGs @John from Riverside @Teddy KGB @TakeYouToTasker

Any particular reason why you are putting words in my mouth?

13 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

It's silly for anyone to say Allen will be a bust or a franchise QB at this point. There is not enough data and what data exists is mixed at best. Today's game was won by the defense, and the +2 in turnovers. I really don't see how anyone can say Allen's overall game contributed to the win. His stats were exactly the type that people roasted Taylor and Manuel over. Nonetheless, he didn't make a mistake that cost the Bills the game. It's just going to take time to sort out. I'm happy to take the win and move on. If the Bills can squeak out another win before the midway point, maybe then can go 6-2 down the stretch and see if 9-7 gets them in. It's a long shot, but things look better than they did after week 2, particularly on defense.

He scored the only TD of the day on a very good play. Would you say the same thing, that he did nothing to help the win if he threw a very good 15 yard TD pass? That play was huge. 

Also, the defense, which was phenomenal for the most part, somehow let a WR get wide wide open and he just dropped it late in the game. That could easily have cost us the game. Very very lucky the Titan flubbed it. 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I literally typed out there, that I was referencing the final drive. was the run game working or not? did you see any need in the final drive to have the rookie drop back and throw down the field? I didn't, and i'm not gonna fault him or the OC for going with what gameflow dictated at that point.

I thought you were referring to the run game as a whole.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and again. how about some context as to why they cant throw. i'd like to think you already know its hardly just on the qb there.

I never said it was just the QB. He’s part of the problem obviously.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. I’m not going to set the bar so insanely low just so he can meet expectations. If the best thing someone can say about his play is the amount of passion he has then there’s a problem. 

They decided to run the ball yesterday and win (you know like they did with Ben R. in his first year?)

How soon ppl forget that Ben R. had a lot of help from his team in that first year.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Can we ask receivers to stop dropping passes that hit them right in the hand and popping balls up in the air to be intercepted?

There is a guy on the other end of these throws.....and Josh has literally thrown ONE bad ball that was a interception...the rest where right there for the receiver to win his matchup.

Any particular reason why you are putting words in my mouth?

We could but the result might have been a lot different. 

Fun fact, if Josh Allen hadn't thrown an interception yesterday, he still wouldn't have thrown more TD's than INT's.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

They decided to run the ball yesterday and win (you know like they did with Ben R. in his first year?)

How soon ppl forget that Ben R. had a lot of help from his team in that first year.

They decided to run the ball because our passing attack is garbage. Obviously when that’s the case and you have Shady, your best chance is to hope the running game can carry the offense.

Nobody is forgetting anything and quite frankly, I don’t care what another team did over a decade ago. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

We could but the result might have been a lot different. 

Fun fact, if Josh Allen hadn't thrown an interception yesterday, he still wouldn't have thrown more TD's than INT's.

So we are going to ignore the fact that most of the interceptions have not been Josh Allen's fault.....got it

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

They decided to run the ball because our passing attack is garbage. Obviously when that’s the case and you have Shady, your best chance is to hope the running game can carry the offense.

Nobody is forgetting anything and quite frankly, I don’t care what another team did over a decade ago. 

Of course you dont care...it does not fit your agenda

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

And they know they can't so they largely stopped trying to.  We've all seen competent passers on bad teams with poor weapons.  Drew Bledsoe played on a terrible team as a rookie and had no weapons to speak of.  You could watch him for a quarter and see he was going to turn into something decent.  Peyton Manning was on a god awful team as a rookie and threw a ton of INTs but it was clear that he was going to be excellent.  It's very rare to have a QB that looks as much like a hot mess that Josh Allen looks like, turn it around and become even competent let alone excellent.

1. He shouldn't be playing because he's not ready. If you EVER have to make your offense avoid your own QB that person shouldn't be the QB.  Those are the kind of game plans you see when someone like Jeff Tuel is forced into the lineup.

2. I have serious concerns if he ever will be ready.

300 yards is the new 200 in the NFL.  It's the mark of average performance.  400+ happens multiple times a week.  I have 0 faith that Allen will ever throw for 300 yards even once, regardless of who he is throwing to. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So we are going to ignore the fact that most of the interceptions have not been Josh Allen's fault.....got it

WHAT.  Are you kidding?

Allen threw two HORRIFIC balls against the Chargers that were picked.  Your takes stink.  "Quietly spectacular" part deux.

"Not Allen's fault"

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1046467164876681216/

Edited by BringBackOrton

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

WHAT.  Are you kidding?

Allen threw two HORRIFIC balls against the Chargers that were picked.  Your takes stink.  "Quietly spectacular" part deux.

"Not Allen's fault"

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1046467164876681216/video/1

Like I said....are you going to continue to put words in ppls mouth to fit your agenda?   What was the second horrific ball that Josh Allen through that was picked?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Like I said....are you going to continue to put words in ppls mouth to fit your agenda?   What was the second horrific ball that Josh Allen through that was picked?

Words in your mouth?  Here is what you said.

FACTUALLY INCORRECT.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So we are going to ignore the fact that most of the interceptions have not been Josh Allen's fault

HORRIFIC DECISION TO THROW A PUNT INTO THE EZ ACROSS YOUR BODY.  ALLEN'S FAULT

https://www.chargers.com/video/kyzir-white-s-first-nfl-interception

BAD UNDERTHROWN BALL EASILY PICKED OFF.  ALLEN'S FAULT.

https://www.chargers.com/video/melvin-ingram-wraps-up-allen-to-force-the-int

HORRIFIC DECISION TO THROW TO A COVERED TARGET WITH A PLAYER ON YOUR BACK.  ALLEN'S FAULT

YOUR TAKES STINK.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Of course you dont care...it does not fit your agenda

What is my agenda exactly? 

And yeah, 14 years ago the Steelers had a good team around Roethlesberger. You cherry picking a scenario to fit your narrative and then saying I have an agenda is comical. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Words in your mouth?  Here is what you said.

FACTUALLY INCORRECT.

HORRIFIC DECISION TO THROW A PUNT INTO THE EZ ACROSS YOUR BODY.  ALLEN'S FAULT

https://www.chargers.com/video/kyzir-white-s-first-nfl-interception

BAD UNDERTHROWN BALL EASILY PICKED OFF.  ALLEN'S FAULT.

https://www.chargers.com/video/melvin-ingram-wraps-up-allen-to-force-the-int

HORRIFIC DECISION TO THROW TO A COVERED TARGET WITH A PLAYER ON YOUR BACK.  ALLEN'S FAULT

YOUR TAKES STINK.

I see two cases to be made that the WR does not work back to the ball in those picks.....

But.....lets say for arguements sake that they were legit interceptions (I love the extra little narrative in their to call them "horrific" to tried to add some shock value...its not working)

A horrific interception is when a QB sits in a comfortable pocket and throws a ball right to a guy he does not see......Josh Allen is being DRAGGED DOWN FROM BEHIND and on another occassion has a defender RIGHT IN HIS FACE as he is throwing the pick......those are not "horrific" interceptions......those are a rookie QB with bad pass protection throwing a ball into coverage and it is being picked.

WHICH by the way was one of the biggest thing that people hated about Tyrod Taylor.....he WOULD NOT throw the ball into coverage.....and that was also what everyone knew going into this season is we were going to see more turnovers especially with a rookie QB because his pass protection is aweful and his WR's do not consistantly get separation.....then they also do not work back to the ball to actually shield off defenders either.......

YOUR takes are aweful