Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I realize they are winning, but their defense has not been efficient at all.  There's no excuse for a team with the most talented defense in football.

The object of the game is to win. It's bad enough to criticize good teams that win. Are you really criticizing an undefeated team because they are not beating teams by more?

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

The object of the game is to win. It's bad enough to criticize good teams that win. Are you really criticizing an undefeated team because they are not beating teams by more?

Yep.  That defense would be #1 in the NFL if McCoach had them.

Why are we allowed to call out coaches for underperforming when they have garbage talent, but not allowed to call out coaches for underperforming when they have incredible talent?  

Oh, its because that's stupid.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

My point was it was a simple throw to the back. Not anything super impressive about it.

Short throws are not always simple throws. Sometimes they are harder. If that throw does not hit Shady right on the run and right on the money he cannot make two guys miss and get the critical first down.

He played his best ball in the 4th quarter which is encouraging. He made 2 excellent passes in a row and unfortunately Holmes caused the 2nd to be a pick. I would have liked to see how that drive turned out. 

I like that Daboll took the offense out of Allen's hands today. Bring him along slowly and let him get into a rhythm. The offense should run through Shady and Ivory.

I'm not a fan of the play designs where Allen immediately runs out of the pocket to his right. Defenses are keyed into that and it isn't working.

We didn't take a single deep shot this game. I wonder if that was by design or if we just didn't get the right defensive looks.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Short throws are not always simple throws. Sometimes they are harder. If that throw does not hit Shady right on the run and right on the money he cannot make two guys miss and get the critical first down.

They're important in this case because they were throws that Allen was dogged for not being able to make. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He played his best ball in the 4th quarter which is encouraging. He made 2 excellent passes in a row and unfortunately Holmes caused the 2nd to be a pick. I would have liked to see how that drive turned out. 

I like that Daboll took the offense out of Allen's hands today. Bring him along slowly and let him get into a rhythm. The offense should run through Shady and Ivory.

I'm not a fan of the play designs where Allen immediately runs out of the pocket to his right. Defenses are keyed into that and it isn't working.

We didn't take a single deep shot this game. I wonder if that was by design or if we just didn't get the right defensive looks.

The first play was a deep shot.

But otherwise I agree with your whole post. WTF was Daboll thinking calling a QB draw on 3rd and 22 or so though?! trying to get Josh injured for no reason? I understand if it's an important down or chance for first but that was mental.

2 hours ago, no name said:

24b.gif

where do you come up with this stuff? allen was responsible for the only touchdown today and he did it in gritty fashion. the kid is athletic and has potential to be good once all the pieces surround him. I don't know what some folks were expecting in this 2nd season of the rebuild but if you haven't the patience to see it play out you're either watching the wrong sport or team, or both!

The “stop posting because your opinion is different than mine” guy, nice to meet you.

Shall I explain how a message board works?

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Passion is great.

Being strong is great.

"Would do anything to win," is great.

Being 6'5 is great.

Having a fantastic arm is great.

But being inaccurate, having no pocket awareness, unable to read a defense, takes too long to throw, makes poor decisions, and looking totally clueless out there are NOT great things.

The inaccurate, or let's say, "erratic" part is concerning. The rest, damn, will you give him some time? He's a rookie. A rookie with less college experience than most rookies. These last ones he CAN learn with... EXPERIENCE. Only his 4th start! And he did have pocket awareness today. At least, he wasn't happy feet, running around for nothing like against the Packers. He didn't do much but wasn't asked to do much either. You guys thought Mariota looked so much better out there?

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

He handed off and threw 2 swing passes.  He wasn't exactly swashbuckling out there.

I see

So this basically was his first big moment in the NFL....a chance to lead the team to a come from behind victory.....against a hot team.....where he easily could have tried to do to much and lost the game for us....

But hey....he actually got some help from his team in the victory so lets downplay it

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Rookie is not synonymous with good. 

Winning does not equal good QB in every case.  

You are correct.....in both cases.

Just pointing out that this is a work in progress....and he does not have to be good right out the gate in order to end up being a good QB.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

WTF was Daboll thinking calling a QB draw on 3rd and 22 or so though?! trying to get Josh injured for no reason? I understand if it's an important down or chance for first but that was mental.

Only true WTF moment of the game but it sure was one.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The first play was a deep shot.

But otherwise I agree with your whole post. WTF was Daboll thinking calling a QB draw on 3rd and 22 or so though?! trying to get Josh injured for no reason? I understand if it's an important down or chance for first but that was mental.

That one for whatever reason felt like they were tying to get in position to pin them back with the punt.

It's silly for anyone to say Allen will be a bust or a franchise QB at this point. There is not enough data and what data exists is mixed at best. Today's game was won by the defense, and the +2 in turnovers. I really don't see how anyone can say Allen's overall game contributed to the win. His stats were exactly the type that people roasted Taylor and Manuel over. Nonetheless, he didn't make a mistake that cost the Bills the game. It's just going to take time to sort out. I'm happy to take the win and move on. If the Bills can squeak out another win before the midway point, maybe then can go 6-2 down the stretch and see if 9-7 gets them in. It's a long shot, but things look better than they did after week 2, particularly on defense.

our man didn’t get sacked much, run backwards or throw a terrible pick (it was mainly on the WR).  So all in all wasn’t a bad day, just wasnt overly productive.

It would be nice, however, to see Allen throw a highlight reel pass one of these weeks.  We haven’t see one in a few games