Bills should try to trade for Amari Cooper, Raiders shopping him

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was providing two draft picks ... definitely not thinking it would be a 1:1 player swap. The player was extra. Like the Jordan Matthews of the Ron Darby trade. 

...really think this gang would fork over $13+ mil for a WR in 2019?....interesting..............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...really think this gang would fork over $13+ mil for a WR in 2019?....interesting..............

Absolutely. If they like him. They have the cap space and the need. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Boyd wouldn't be a horrible pick up in UFA, I'd also target Quincy Enuwa, Golden Tate and curious if Chris Hogan come back 

Sweeten it and throw in Benjamin.

Good ideas. I posted somewhere else that I would like to see them target Enunwa or even John Brown. I have always liked Tate as well and would welcome a Chris Hogan reunion. 

2 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Good ideas. I posted somewhere else that I would like to see them target Enunwa or even John Brown. I have always liked Tate as well and would welcome a Chris Hogan reunion. 

The Bills offered John Brown a contract last year in FA and he turned it down to go to Baltimore. Is he on a one-year deal? 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills need to acquire a WR who is not only capable of being a #1 but is a complete WR and has some experience in the NFL to help Allen. The Bills should also draft one relatively high with deep speed (2nd - 3rd ideally). I think Gruden is ripe to trade Cooper, who is eligible for the 5th year option and then  will want big money. The Raiders have shown they are willing to trade talent they feel can be replaced in the draft or cheaper. I believe the Bills will need to trade for and pay - perhaps overpay in this current climate- to obtain a real WR at this point. I would also look to obtain a FA WR who is more of a #2 guy that another team won’t want to pay - ie Tyler Boyd. May need to overpay a bit there too but this is what bad teams sometimes need to do to get talent (Jacksonville has done this over the last few years).  I would go into next year with Cooper, Boyd, Zay and a rookie as the top 4.

What would I give up for Cooper? A 3rd in 2020, 4th in 2019, Shaq Lawson. I saw rumblings that a just a 4th or 5th would get it done for the Raiders, maybe I’m overvaluing him but i don’t buy it. Gruden has been whining about fnding a pass rusher, Shaq is someone who he will have the ability to plug in  and determine if he’s a guy they want, and has a 5th year option they can use since they won’t have Cooper’s. Bills and Raiders would basically be swapping 2015/2016 1st rd draft picks. 

The bottom line as I’ve said many times is that drafting a WR in the 1st is a crap shoot.  I think they need to take a OT or Pass rusher with their 1st pick. Cooper is a top 10 talent who has been successful, maybe he’s not elite but those guys aren’t going to be available via trade or FA. You won’t get a big time FA WR to come to Buffalo who has options. Going to need to trade for one who has the talent to be a #1 and overpay a bit. We saw they were willing to work the trade for KB, that has not worked out but they saw the need and got who they could. He will be gone at the end of this season. 

Thoughts? 

If Gruden is looking for a pass rusher, do you think he will see Lawson as that guy? I know Gruden screwed the Mack thing and lookes stupid doing it, but is he really dumb enough to see Lawson as a pass rusher? 

Other than that question, I like it.

3 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Golden Tate is a dog. Plays with an edge. McD would love that. With Golladay’s emergence in Detroit maybe they don’t re-up. 

Just now, Dopey said:

If Gruden is looking for a pass rusher, do you think he will see Lawson as that guy? I know Gruden screwed the Mack thing and lookes stupid doing it, but is he really dumb enough to see Lawson as a pass rusher? 

It was really just a throw in to sweeten the deal since it’s taking place in October in my mind. Gives him something present and future. He needs help on the DL.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Gruden’s enormous ego might just lead him to believe he can make it work. We need “a guy”, and the draft is such a crap shoot with all positions, but it seems especially WR. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Gruden’s enormous ego might just lead him to believe he can make it work. We need “a guy”, and the draft is such a crap shoot with all positions, but it seems especially WR. 

Win a Super Bowl, then get a tv gig where you are never wrong. His ego is gonna take a hit, if it hasn't already. This ain't the same NFL you left, Chuckie.

Spider 2 1 banana. Was that the play?

Pass it to the fullback. 

Edited by Dopey

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Win a Super Bowl, then get a tv gig where you are never wrong. His ego is gonna take a hit, if it hasn't already. This ain't the same NFL you left, Chuckie.

And the SB Gruden won was with Dungy’s team, against Gruden’s old team with the same old calls. Was there ever a goofier situation with a winning SB coach?  Gift wrapped! 

• Like (+1) 1

Gruden is an offensive guy, I doubt he is going to trade his number one young receiver for Shaq !@#$ing Lawson and a 4th or 5th round pick. Cooper has two 1,000 yard seasons in his first three years and has been outright dynamic at times. He is on pace for 1,100 yards so far this season. He has a 5th year option at a fairly reasonable rate for his production level. Why is a draft bust in Lawson and a mid round pick enough to attain this guy? 

I wouldn't mind trading for Cooper but it is going to take more than Lawson and a mid round pick. It probably would at least take a 2nd rounder or two 3rd round picks to make this trade happen. I would consider it for that price because I think Cooper will be cheaper and as good as any WR on the market next year but that's probably a price most on here wouldn't be willing to pay. 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills need to acquire a WR who is not only capable of being a #1 but is a complete WR and has some experience in the NFL to help Allen. The Bills should also draft one relatively high with deep speed (2nd - 3rd ideally). I think Gruden is ripe to trade Cooper, who is eligible for the 5th year option and then  will want big money. The Raiders have shown they are willing to trade talent they feel can be replaced in the draft or cheaper. I believe the Bills will need to trade for and pay - perhaps overpay in this current climate- to obtain a real WR at this point. I would also look to obtain a FA WR who is more of a #2 guy that another team won’t want to pay - ie Tyler Boyd. May need to overpay a bit there too but this is what bad teams sometimes need to do to get talent (Jacksonville has done this over the last few years).  I would go into next year with Cooper, Boyd, Zay and a rookie as the top 4.

What would I give up for Cooper? A 3rd in 2020, 4th in 2019, Shaq Lawson. I saw rumblings that a just a 4th or 5th would get it done for the Raiders, maybe I’m overvaluing him but i don’t buy it. Gruden has been whining about fnding a pass rusher, Shaq is someone who he will have the ability to plug in  and determine if he’s a guy they want, and has a 5th year option they can use since they won’t have Cooper’s. Bills and Raiders would basically be swapping 2015/2016 1st rd draft picks. 

The bottom line as I’ve said many times is that drafting a WR in the 1st is a crap shoot.  I think they need to take a OT or Pass rusher with their 1st pick. Cooper is a top 10 talent who has been successful, maybe he’s not elite but those guys aren’t going to be available via trade or FA. You won’t get a big time FA WR to come to Buffalo who has options. Going to need to trade for one who has the talent to be a #1 and overpay a bit. We saw they were willing to work the trade for KB, that has not worked out but they saw the need and got who they could. He will be gone at the end of this season. 

Thoughts? 

New to board but been a bills fan forever. And I would be all over a trade for a good wife out. I would part ways with a second to get a good wr would you rather have zay jones or cooper 

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Gruden is an offensive guy, I doubt he is going to trade his number one young receiver for Shaq !@#$ing Lawson and a 4th or 5th round pick. Cooper has two 1,000 yard seasons in his first three years and has been outright dynamic at times. He is on pace for 1,100 yards so far this season. He has a 5th year option at a fairly reasonable rate for his production level. Why is a draft bust in Lawson and a mid round pick enough to attain this guy? 

I wouldn't mind trading for Cooper but it is going to take more than Lawson and a mid round pick. It probably would at least take a 2nd rounder or two 3rd round picks to make this trade happen. I would consider it for that price because I think Cooper will be cheaper and as good as any WR on the market next year but that's probably a price most on here wouldn't be willing to pay. 

I proposed a 4th in 2019, 3rd in 2020 and Lawson. I don’t think that’s too far off from what you are saying. I didn’t propose just a 4th or 5th. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Trading for a WR isn't going to help with the protections or get Shady McCoy move involved in the offense.

Instead, can we trade McD for McVay?

Or trade for an OC that will use the run game more?

Or trade for an O line coach/run game coordinator who knows how to teach the entire offense to block the free blitzer or better yet the man they are supposed to block?

Julio Jones wouldn't help this offense if the QB has no time to throw, and even then he would be triple covered.

Edited by Nihilarian

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I proposed a 4th in 2019, 3rd in 2020 and Lawson. I don’t think that’s too far off from what you are saying. I didn’t propose just a 4th or 5th. 

Your trade proposal was somewhat reasonable (Although I think they would have to take back at least a 3rd in 2019) but there were other posters saying Shaq and a 4th or 5th which was absolutely absurd. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Julio? A 1st.

Yea, I think you are right for Julio. Maybe 2 2nds.  I just get the feeling Julio could be expendable if Ridley has a big year. The only thing that could block it is Blank. Julio is one of his guys. 

Falcons have a bunch of guys on defense coming up for FA and will need the cash. 

Julio already did a mini holdout this past offseason. The Falcons moved some money around. He will have two years left on his deal after this year. He wants a ton of money. 

Gruden might want to get rid of him just to throw more shade toward McKenzie’s drafting 

Did anyone see that report from over the weekend where he has his own rogue scouts he brought in, separate from McKenzie’s scouting dept?

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills offered John Brown a contract last year in FA and he turned it down to go to Baltimore. Is he on a one-year deal? 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Golden Tate is a dog. Plays with an edge. McD would love that. With Golladay’s emergence in Detroit maybe they don’t re-up. 

It was really just a throw in to sweeten the deal since it’s taking place in October in my mind. Gives him something present and future. He needs help on the DL.

I missed the fact the Bills gave him an offer this past offseason. Can’t blame him for choosing the team with a proven QB. Not actually sure what his deal is, but heard him suggested elsewhere so I assume its a one year deal. 

And I have always loved Tate’s game. Definitely agree that McDermott would love his competitive edge.   

6 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I missed the fact the Bills gave him an offer this past offseason. Can’t blame him for choosing the team with a proven QB. Not actually sure what his deal is, but heard him suggested elsewhere so I assume its a one year deal. 

And I have always loved Tate’s game. Definitely agree that McDermott would love his competitive edge.   

It was inside a podcast that John Brown did right before the season. He said he got offers from Buffalo and Oakland was deciding between the two. Then Ravens came in late and he chose them. 

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gruden might want to get rid of him just to throw more shade toward McKenzie’s drafting 

Did anyone see that report from over the weekend where he has his own rogue scouts he brought in, separate from McKenzie’s scouting dept?

Shocked Gruden wanted to go defense. James is balling out but Kolton Miller is quietly putting together a nice season in his own right. 

I doubt Beane will want to part with any 2019 draft picks, even for a position of need.

It would be nice if Reggie McKenzie let Amari Cooper go for cheap as a "screw you" to Gruden, but Gruden will probably have the final say in the deal, anyway.

31 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Trading for a WR isn't going to help with the protections or get Shady McCoy move involved in the offense.

Instead, can we trade McD for McVay?

Or trade for an OC that will use the run game more?

Or trade for an O line coach/run game coordinator who knows how to teach the entire offense to block the free blitzer or better yet the man they are supposed to block?

Julio Jones wouldn't help this offense if the QB has no time to throw, and even then he would be triple covered.

Amen!

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I doubt Beane will want to part with any 2019 draft picks, even for a position of need.

It would be nice if Reggie McKenzie let Amari Cooper go for cheap as a "screw you" to Gruden, but Gruden will probably have the final say in the deal, anyway.

I thought that about 2018 too but he gave up a 3rd for KB. I would be surprised if they traded one for any position but WR. It’s really the only way they will be able to get one with any proven success or experience in the nfl. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

you would need to bring back Fitzy then..

They should bring him up... It couldnt get any worse....

Yeah. I'm not opposed to giving Reilly a shot, but the chances are he isn't very good. Some people act like the team has a personal vendetta against the guy when the chances are he's JAG. 

I'm also not at all opposed to trading for Cooper if the opportunity were there. One of the hardest things to find is a number 1 receiver and while he's flawed, he's got some serious skill. 

Just noting that the fanbase seems to nitpick every single receiver we've ever had. Although Kelvin Benjamin sucks. He really does. Sammy Watkins does not suck. Robert Woods does not suck. Marquis Goodwin had some value. But I'll give them Benjamin. That guy is the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I'm not opposed to giving Reilly a shot, but the chances are he isn't very good. Some people act like the team has a personal vendetta against the guy when the chances are he's JAG. 

I'm also not at all opposed to trading for Cooper if the opportunity were there. One of the hardest things to find is a number 1 receiver and while he's flawed, he's got some serious skill. 

Just noting that the fanbase seems to nitpick every single receiver we've ever had. Although Kelvin Benjamin sucks. He really does. Sammy Watkins does not suck. Robert Woods does not suck. Marquis Goodwin had some value. But I'll give them Benjamin. That guy is the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked.

That Seattle game Woods crucified the last year of the legion of boom.  He should have been extended.  A team guy, great blocker, kind of like Aaron William's for the offense.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

would Tates game translate to all the beautiful WAG's of Bills players?

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What would I give up for Cooper? A 3rd in 2020, 4th in 2019, Shaq Lawson. I saw rumblings that a just a 4th or 5th would get it done for the Raiders, maybe I’m overvaluing him but i don’t buy it. Gruden has been whining about fnding a pass rusher, Shaq is someone who he will have the ability to plug in  and determine if he’s a guy they want, and has a 5th year option they can use. Bills and Raiders would basically be swapping 2015/2016 1st rd draft picks. 

Thoughts? 

Yeah I would give up that much but nothing above a third.

Honestly this year is shot and are rebuilding this spring.

No chance do you trade any of your draft picks right now. The Bills are 1-3 right now they are on pace to get a top 5 pick. If anything the Bills should be stock piling picks buy trading some of their older veterans for this process they talk about. We are rebuilding. Rebuild through the draft and the right free agents. Don't I repeat don't try to salvage this season by trading top draft picks like they did last year with Benjamin. 

4 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

No chance do you trade any of your draft picks right now. The Bills are 1-3 right now they are on pace to get a top 5 pick. If anything the Bills should be stock piling picks buy trading some of their older veterans for this process they talk about. We are rebuilding. Rebuild through the draft and the right free agents. Don't I repeat don't try to salvage this season by trading top draft picks like they did last year with Benjamin. 

Good points but for clarification, this trade is not for this season. It’s for future seasons. Using a couple picks - one this year, one next - on one established player at the position who has shown ability in the league and potential to be a #1, vs rolling the dice only on rookies to solidify that position of extreme need. Given the limited prospects in FA at that position and even more limited possibility if they have options they would sign here. 

And then I’m  paying that player on a long term deal (4 years, big gtd money). If Cooper (or whoever the player is - I’m not dead set on him but I just saw a lot of boxes checked there to make it both realistic and beneficial) isn’t open to signing long term in Buffalo then you don’t make the trade. It’s very similar to the Browns trade and subsequent contact extension for Jarvis Landry. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, the staff meetings must he nice and cozy. Burn Chucky burn. 

On 10/3/2018 at 10:02 AM, YoloinOhio said:

What would I give up for Cooper? A 3rd in 2020, 4th in 2019, Shaq Lawson. I saw rumblings that a just a 4th or 5th would get it done for the Raiders, maybe I’m overvaluing him but i don’t buy it. Gruden has been whining about fnding a pass rusher, Shaq is someone who he will have the ability to plug in  and determine if he’s a guy they want, and has a 5th year option they can use. Bills and Raiders would basically be swapping 2015/2016 1st rd draft picks. 

Thoughts? 

They dont and wont consider anyone that can produce on offense this year. Its obvious that this GM and Coach are clueless about anything pertaining to the offense.

Im really begining to wonder if anyone in this organization knows what they are doing.

This is definitely aimed at the Pegulas!