McCoy is done, Trade him

QB Bills

Just now, frostbitmic said:

I think I'd rather spend 16M a year on 5 offensive linemen who are less offensive than the ones we have.

Let its remember there is no cap on what we can pay a real OLine coach, too! 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wrong game?  He had 24 yards.  Which of the 3 games so far would be the "right" game to point this out?

Well every game. Shady has 85 yards on 25 carries. Ivory has 81 yards on 31 carries. I will let you do the math. Ivory has 60 more recieving yards moat of which occurred on one broken play. But it was a great play.

Ivory looks like he is running harder whatever that means but he isn't getting the results Shady is. Its not even that close. Ivory has been in decline for years. 

But sure go ahead and trade Shady and lets see Ivory carry the team with less than 3 YPC.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Its obvious our QB needs someone he can hand the ball off and keep this offense on schedule. McCoy and Ivory are good backs but we need to go get the best. The bills trade McCoy and a second or third round pick to the Steelers for Leveon Bell. This trade works for both Teams... Shady get to go back to PA and play on Super bowl contender this year. Steelers get back a really good to great player who would thrive with those weapons and put Connor back to the short yardage back. The bills get a marque name that can attract free agents to come to buffalo. If any one thinks receivers will be excited to come here to play with Allen by himself is seriously mistaken. Plus we will have the cap room to sigh him after next season. Beane and Coach has to make a bold move on offense or we will be rebuilding for years and they will be fired. I LOVE THIS MOVE FOR US.. What say you

Not a fan.  We already had the highest paid back in the league for 2015-2016 and got nowhere.  Now sign a guy who will be same age as Shady was when we traded for him,  to keep him long term pay him 150 -200% what we would pay Shady next year and hope he doesn't do the 'herb anymore.   Bell is Anti- process, Avenger series anti-matter as a locker room influence.  His own team mates can't stand him.  

Not to mention he would have to agree to sign here long term before any of the "cool kids club" NFL Free agents of 2019 decide to take a chance on coming to the BUF.

LOL, ROFL I have to pass!

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Let its remember there is no cap on what we can pay a real OLine coach, too! 

That's true, though it might cost a few million for a monkey wrench big enough to seize the turnstyle with the occupants of the positions we have now.

41 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Its obvious our QB needs someone he can hand the ball off and keep this offense on schedule. McCoy and Ivory are good backs but we need to go get the best. The bills trade McCoy and a second or third round pick to the Steelers for Leveon Bell. This trade works for both Teams... Shady get to go back to PA and play on Super bowl contender this year. Steelers get back a really good to great player who would thrive with those weapons and put Connor back to the short yardage back. The bills get a marque name that can attract free agents to come to buffalo. If any one thinks receivers will be excited to come here to play with Allen by himself is seriously mistaken. Plus we will have the cap room to sigh him after next season. Beane and Coach has to make a bold move on offense or we will be rebuilding for years and they will be fired. I LOVE THIS MOVE FOR US.. What say you

you want the Steelers to give up one of the best backs in the league for a 2nd or 3rd pick and a 31 year old with 85 rushing on the season?

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

That's true, though it might cost a few million for a monkey wrench big enough to seize the turnstyle with the occupants of the positions we have now.

It’s almost a complete overhaul, on and off the field, as I see it. But the OL free agents are cheap compared to WR and CB. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

No - he's walking in 2019.  You cannot extend him mid-season.  If you want him - sign him in FA next year.

Why trade future players to try and fix a bad team?

19 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Well every game. Shady has 85 yards on 25 carries. Ivory has 81 yards on 31 carries. I will let you do the math. Ivory has 60 more recieving yards moat of which occurred on one broken play. But it was a great play.

Ivory looks like he is running harder whatever that means but he isn't getting the results Shady is. Its not even that close. Ivory has been in decline for years. 

But sure go ahead and trade Shady and lets see Ivory carry the team with less than 3 YPC.

You are taking 2 insignificant numbers and trying to show which is more impressive.

McCoy has 21 carries.  of those 85 yards, 27 (32% of his total output) came on a single carry.  %59% of his rushing yards came on 3 carries.  38% of his carries resulted in 1 yards or less.  67% of his carries were for 3 yards or less. 

You are splitting a pubic hair  to demonstrate which of these completely ineffective RBs is more effective this season so far.

Give it up.

36 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

you aren't counting 3 garbagetime games here....

of course you can run when the other team is in prevent D and laughing the entire last 2 1/2 quarters.

Why does this keep coming up???  Isn't Bell basically untradeable under the current circumstances? 

Until he signs that franchise tender, he is not under contract with the Steelers so they cannot just trade him to a team of their choosing, he would have to agree.  He also cannot sign a long term contract with any team until the start of the new league year.  So why would he agree to any trade only to be in the same situation with a different team?  They can promise him a certain long term deal behind closed doors but if he gets hurt, they would back out of that in a minute.  

Even if I thought the Bills trading for him was a good idea (I do not) I don't think we currently have the cap room to make it happen.  His remaining tag amount has got to be over $10M and what do we have, like $8M?

I wouldn't give Pittsburgh a 2nd or 3rd and Shady for Bell.  Straight up shady for bell.  Bells on a 1 year deal with Pitts at most.  Pitts get a really good player who could put them over the top.  We get Bell with the possibility to extend him for 4 years at a hefty price, but we will help and might even help with Allen's development.  In 4 years Allen is ready for an extension, Bell will be 30 and released, and that money can be given to Allen.  Win win for everyone.