Who was the last TRUE #1 WR for the Bills?

BigDingus

5 hours ago, downunderbill said:

I think Sammy Watkins was the last that had #1 receiver talent but seemed to be injured a lot, Stevie consistently put up the numbers but when I think Stevie I think playoff chance ending drop in the end zone but I think for me Lee Evans maybe but Eric Moulds definately.

Stevie was more of a number 1 than Evans was. 

Stevie was our last number 1. Revis always covered the number 1 WR and somehow, Stevie had his number. 

11 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Stevie was more of a number 1 than Evans was. 

Stevie was our last number 1. Revis always covered the number 1 WR and somehow, Stevie had his number. 

He covered him by default.  Just because he was the #1 on the Bills, doesn't mean he was anywhere else.  Stevie came up real small in some big spots.

5 hours ago, downunderbill said:

I think Sammy Watkins was the last that had #1 receiver talent but seemed to be injured a lot, Stevie consistently put up the numbers but when I think Stevie I think playoff chance ending drop in the end zone but I think for me Lee Evans maybe but Eric Moulds definately.

If you're talking about Stevie's egregious endzone drop in OT against the Steelers, the Bills were 2-8 at that point and as far from the playoffs as you could possibly imagine. 

I was out of town when Owens was with the Bills.  I know he was injured during his year here, why did they not sign him past his one year?  I always liked him.  Even with his antics here in Philadelphia.  Someone needed to call out McNabb and his passive aggressive ways.  The guy was clean off the field, a little eccentric yes, but that's why the coaches and front office people are paid big $, to make the puzzle pieces fit.  

I thought he was going to be a good addition for the team and bring some national attention to the Bills.   

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

I didn't fact check, I went off memory which clearly is on the slide. For some reason I remembered it as an important game.

It was the year we started out 0-8. Fitz came in after week 2 and actually could lead a competent passing game. We finished out second half of season at 4-4 

13 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Watkins in 2015.

He had the best 9-game run an NFL WR has had this decade.

He produced on an absurd level given  his number of targets.

You can really see the ignorance on this board when they act like 2014-2015 didn't happen wrt Watkins.

He was outstanding.