The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I cant even imagine the board meltdown that would occur if Allen were to have a game like Rosen had last night. And I understand that most of it was on the OL and bad coaching (hmm, that sounds familiar). But those picks were approaching EJ Manuel levels of failure.

All the rookie QBs ahve shown they have a lot of developing to do. That shouldnt be a surprise to anyone considering they are ROOKIES.

I think we have a good prospect in Allen, IF we have the staff to develop him and surrounding team mates that can help him succeed (just let every other prospect in the history of the game).

The last pick and the fumbles are on him. The two pick sixes were not with the 1st on a batted ball at the LoS and the 2nd when JJ Nelson stopped his route that Rosen anticipated him finishing by throwing to a spot. 

Out of curiosity how many times did Rosen go over to his defense and try to rally them?  How many praises did his starting RB give him?

Rosen is going to be fine, but he is not a fit for here.  He'd work hard and be dedicated here, but he'd work hard be dedicated here looking forward to the day he leaves.

No way, no way he would have stayed in Buffalo after 5 years.

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

One of the biggest reasons I didn't want Rosen was his attitude. I didn't think coming from a rich family/southern CA lifestyle would mix well in Buffalo.

His mannerisms last night when things weren't going his way came off kind of like a Jay Cutler, just kind of pissy, and I believe that stems from his upbringing. Allen is much more humble and down to earth, more "Blue collar" so to speak.

Agreed.  I was leaning for Rosen draft night until he started having a bit of a tantrum or what not as each pick was not him.  Seemed very spoiled, entitled and immature.  Made me glad for JA that night even.  No room for bret kavanaugh at QB in this working town. 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Out of curiosity how many times did Rosen go over to his defense and try to rally them?  How many praises did his starting RB give him?

Rosen is going to be fine, but he is not a fit for here.  He'd work hard and be dedicated here, but he'd work hard be dedicated here looking forward to the day he leaves.

No way, no way he would have stayed in Buffalo after 5 years.

The Cardinal players have raved about him including Larry Fitzgerald.  This premise has no merit at all. 

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm still taking Rosen over Allen everytime. That's how I bad I feel about Allen's chances of success. 

Like I alluded to earlier, if Rosen was truly more "pro ready" than Allen, I'm not regretting the Bills taking Allen over him. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Cardinal players have raved about him including Larry Fitzgerald.  This premise has no merit at all. 

I don't disagree with you, because what you said is different than what I wrote above and I was drawing from specific examples with Allen and his time in Buffalo as that is the only reason why we really bring Rosen up.  Primarily the interaction we see with Allen and his teammates on the field.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I feel bad for these young qb's that are thrust into a position they obviously are not ready for. I understand the economics of only having to pay the most expensive position rookie money,  but at some point it's unreasonable.

Maybe we should have got Anderson from the outset and let Allen sit for most of the year if not all of it.

It would have been a complete meltdown if Rosen had this sort of a game in a Bills Uniform and his name had been Allen.

It was truly an awful game.   With that said, he is a rookie and there are many rookies who had really tough rookie years that ended up being very good QB's in this league.  Not everyone starts off like D. Watson, Big Ben, Brady, Luck or Russell Wilson.  These guys for the most part had a very favorable situation to step into and let's be frank they handled it much better than other rookie QB's in their first year.    So, definitely his slow start to this season doesn't define him.

Can you imagine how he would look with our offense?   With the WR's and O Line we had, specially the O line of the first few weeks.   Allen has made some key plays with his legs that have offset his uneven passing in a way that Rosen wouldn't have been able to do.  

I think Allen last game was starting to get more into the groove, I have confidence that he'll continue improving.  Maybe not in a consistent upward trajectory but I do believe he will trend higher with his development.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't disagree with you, because what you said is different than what I wrote above and I was drawing from specific examples with Allen and his time in Buffalo as that is the only reason why we really bring Rosen up.  Primarily the interaction we see with Allen and his teammates on the field.

I couldn't care less about rah rah. I want a QB who can play.

I couldn't care less about rah rah. I want a QB who can play.

2 things:

yeah, but that is what I spoke about.

I do, too.  however, 5 turnovers last night hasn't convinced me we made the wrong move yet with Allen.  Not that this is what you were referring to, but still.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 minute ago, Dante said:

I feel bad for these young qb's that are thrust into a position they obviously are not ready for. I understand the economics of only having to pay the most expensive position rookie money,  but at some point it's unreasonable.

Maybe we should have got Anderson from the outset and let Allen sit for most of the year if not all of it.

Most definitely should have. They messed up big time when they went with Peterman as a viable bridge option they believed could hold things down while Allen sat and learned.  

so pretty much the same excuses for rosen as with allen.

a rookie.

just nice to see rosen is no better when pressured along with taking all those sacks and throwing ints and what, two pick 6's?

has allen thrown a pick 6?

anyhow, those clamoring over rosen before and after the draft can come down off their cloud now, he's got a lot of work ahead of him, just like our rookie does. 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

2 things:

yeah, but that is what I spoke about.

I do, too.  however, 5 turnovers last night hasn't convinced me we made the wrong move yet with Allen.  Not that this is what you were referring to, but still.

What rookie QB would have done well behind that OL last night against Denver's front?  None of them I'd say.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The last pick and the fumbles are on him. The two pick sixes were not with the 1st on a batted ball at the LoS and the 2nd when JJ Nelson stopped his route that Rosen anticipated him finishing by throwing to a spot. 

Isn't this adorable. if only you circled the wagons so well for the BILLS' QB.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

What rookie QB would have done well behind that OL last night against Denver's front?  None of them I'd say.  

None...they are...I was going to say terrible, but is there a word worse than terrible?

Neutered?

:lol:

Corner, I also think (and I could be wrong) you missed the part in my original post where I said Rosen is going to be fine and that he isn't the right fit for here, which I stand by.

Not really attacking the kid. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

17 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm still taking Rosen over Allen everytime. That's how I bad I feel about Allen's chances of success. 

That's because you staked out a position at the draft and you're unwilling or unable to come off that position for ANY purpose.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, joesixpack said:

ORLY?

Just admit it, you're a "Wrong Josh" guy, and no matter how ***** Rosen looks or how good Allen does, you'll never acknowledge it.

Did you read the post or you just want to homer it up?  I posted that one INT and the fumbles were on Rosen.   Pom Pom time for you. 

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's because you staked out a position at the draft and you're unwilling or unable to come off that position for ANY purpose.

I was a Darnold guy all the way and had issues with both Allen and Rosen (I'm a UCLA alum and by all rights should have liked Rosen better than I did (and do)). Still way to early to judge in any case. Let's let this play out over the next few years. Both Allen and Darnold are on horrible offenses, and AZ's problems are punctuated by the fact that they're not only not playing their best QB; they're not suiting him up to save cash. Can't imagine that sits well with the other players on that team, which looks like a dumpster fire right now. 

I'm pretty sure there are certain folks tied to analytics that based on said criteria massively preferred Rosen to Allen. Last night's game is not dispositive, but it surely shows that nearly all rookie qbs struggle, especially when they start under less than optimum conditions. The moral ought to be, have more patience and give a fella time to develop before making definitive pronouncements on how someone will turn out. Let's see if anyone takes that to heart.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Patrick Mahomes did purty good and since he hasn’t played 16 games he’s technically a rookie.

Sitting and learning for a year with Alex Smith for a mentor, Andy Reid for a head coach, and a talented offensive corps. You are joking or out to lunch.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

Rosen had three other passes that should have been picks that were drops by the DB's.  

I'm serious, it truly was a horrendous game.   And his body language was awful as well.

Couple of near fumbles too.  He just had no feel for the pass rush in this one.  One of the fumbles he was holding the ball low around his chest and von miller knocked it out... he didn't even blindside him he just ran up and knocked it out!  

30 minutes ago, Magox said:

Rosen had three other passes that should have been picks that were drops by the DB's.  

I'm serious, it truly was a horrendous game.   And his body language was awful as well.

He may end up being a good quarterback but the "body language" May be very telling. The main reason I'm not big on him is his physical endurance and most of all his selfish entitled attitude. Still think his team will turn on him if things go badly.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm pretty sure there are certain folks tied to analytics that based on said criteria massively preferred Rosen to Allen. Last night's game is not dispositive, but it surely shows that nearly all rookie qbs struggle, especially when they start under less than optimum conditions. The moral ought to be, have more patience and give a fella time to develop before making definitive pronouncements on how someone will turn out. Let's see if anyone takes that to heart.

Sitting and learning for a year with Alex Smith for a mentor, Andy Reid for a head coach, and a talented offensive corps. You are joking or out to lunch.

Technically a rookie bay bay. Ask EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeJjjjjjj

12 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

BPA looks better than either of those two to be honest right now. 

BPA would have been Roquan Smith. Who is very good, but basically equivalent to Tremaine Edmunds, who we acquired as well.

We made the right move given the circumstances and options at the time.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

BPA would have been Roquan Smith. Who is very good, but basically equivalent to Tremaine Edmunds, who we acquired as well.

We made the right move given the circumstances and options at the time.

Wrong. The right move would have been keeping Preston Brown and drafting Ridley instead of Edmunds.

Just wait for Josh Allen week one next year bro. “He hasn’t started 16 games yet, he’s still a rookie.”

I live for it

Ha! Fair enough, Im sure some here will make that argument. I dont agree with the "rookie" designation, but will say that even if he started all 16 games this year, it is still too soon to make any absolute declarations on whether he's a bust or not.

Wrong. The right move would have been keeping Preston Brown and drafting Ridley instead of Edmunds.

You lost me on all agreements right there. Brown is a bum and soft. He had to go.