The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Two of Allen's picks were bad plays by his receivers.......

Allen's ball security appears to be better then Rosen's at this point

I will say this in Rosen's defense...he is by the eyeball test more accurate with the ball right now.......even if he is making poor decisions with it and even if his supporting cast is better........

People see what they want to see.

7 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Of course not.  No one does.  But many have and continue to claim Rosen is superior, based on no facts.  They preferred Rosen and that's that.  If Allen ends up in the HOF and Rosen is bagging groceries in 2021, it will be because McCoy ruined him or some such thing.

None of the rookies look great-- hardly surprising at this juncture.  But for everyone other than Allen, "it's let see how it turns out."  For Allen the view is he was always going to be a bust, and he has busted.  Double standard.

If you have been watching Rosen's games you would have seen him demonstrate more advanced NFL QB skills. They are linked in this thread, but many here haven't bothered to watch because they only posted here since the game yesterday.  Typical bad game neative reaction that's prevalent for Bills' games after losses.  So your no fact claim is false. 

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

?

We never had two starting guards IN the lineup.

Allen has been afforded decent protection in the last few games. Funny point though with good comedy value and zero football relevance. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

40 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Then you should've come off of it the second Allen through a perfect blitz beater for a would-be TD against Minnesota on 3rd down that Benjamin dropped.

Just sayin'

Ah, so it's not "as soon as he anticipates a throw"...it's "as soon as he anticipates a throw that I feel like acknowledging"

I've got to ask: earlier in this thread, you said that people making excuses for Allen was a defense mechanism.

Whether you mean to be doing it or not, the last few pages read an awful lot like what people on this board are saying in defense of Allen's less-than-stellar work on the field...I'm sure you've thought this through, so I'll ask: what's the difference?

That's not what I would call anticipation. Ball came out on time, that's a plus. That's about as simple as it gets. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nonsense. He has David Johnson and Fitz. Johnson can't get jack done behind that OL and who are they great targets beyond #11?  Name them. 

And Allen's best weapon on offense is who? shady? he's like the 20th ranked back or somesuch this year, yes?

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Can you imagine how he would look with our offense?   

I answered this but am happy to repeat it. 

With the Bills WRs, Rosen would look like Nate Peterman. 

And as someone brilliantly elaborated, with the Bills WRs, Rosen would look like Nate Peterman "with a resting dick face." 

Edited by BeginnersMind

Name these great weapons that you said were infinitely better. Don't deflect. 

Weeks ago, I suggested that Rosen's supporting cast might be worse than ours. Never got a good reason why it wasn't, either. 

Name these great weapons that you said were infinitely better. Don't deflect. 

Kirk and Gresham are also better than any WR/TE we have on the roster, in addition to Fitz and Johnson.

So answer MY question, who provides the clear advantage for allen?

Just now, joesixpack said:

Kirk and Gresham are also better than any WR/TE we have on the roster, in addition to Fitz and Johnson.

So answer MY question, who provides the clear advantage for allen?

Give me a break!  Kirk is a rookie who's still finding his way and Gresham isn't better than Clay and he's not the primary receiving TE anyway.   You don't know the Cardinals personnel. None of this matters with so litte pass-pro afforded Rosen on almost every drop back. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Give me a break!  Kirk is a rookie who's still finding his way and Gresham isn't better than Clay and he's not the primary receiving TE anyway.   You don't know the Cardinals personnel. None of this matters with so litte pass-pro afforded Rosen on almost every drop back. 

Translation: "you're right, of course, JSP. I just can't admit to it."

Take the L, bot. Take it and enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Translation: "you're right, of course, JSP. I just can't admit to it."

Take the L, bot. Take it and enjoy it.

I am not gonna bag on corner too much because as bad as Rosen looked today he is in fact a rookie and there is a lot of games left to be played

I think the way corner is defending the opinion is a bit unfortunate......Rosen's situation is similar to Allens which is why both are not putting up big numbers, but there are postions on the cardinals on offense that are definately better.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

The 'celebrating Rosen's failure' is as much a nudge to everyone who's so quick to label Allen busto as it is a comparison of the two. 

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm just highlighting the dichotomy between responses to bad performances; Rosen's afforded the appropriate (in my mind) amount of leeway, Allen is most definitively not. I don't see any harm in pointing that out.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  The same Allen detractors are the ones who have no patience for his inexperience, yet "the most NFL ready" rookie QB when he ends up stinking up the field he is given a pass.   Fact is that our supporting cast for Allen is worse than Rosen and his overall impact has been more positive for the team than Rosen's. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

92 more yards on 45 additional carries is better?

Gresham has 3 catches for 46 yards this season.  He's not their main receiving TE. 

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.  The same Allen detractors are the ones who have no patience for his inexperience, yet "the most NFL ready" rookie QB when he ends up stinking up the field he is given a pass.   Fact is that our supporting cast for Allen is worse than Rosen and his overall impact has been more positive for the team than Rosen's. 

How is that a fact?  Arizona's OL is far worse and their Receiving corps is just as bad while the Bills' D is vastly superior. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

For me it's about never seeing it from Allen in college. As much as I want to hope he gets it I just know QBs that didn't get it at lower levels of football don't get it at higher levels.

Rookies are rookies. They will have ugly games.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gresham has 3 catches for 46 yards this season.  He's not their main receiving TE. 

How is that a fact?  Arizona's OL is far worse and their Receiving corps is just as bad while the Bills' D is vastly superior. 

I don't think their OL is "far worse."  They are more likely to be pretty comparable.  You just posted a stat in another thread showing that the Bills are one of the worst teams at giving up pressure's.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I don't think their OL is "far worse."  They are more likely to be pretty comparable.  You just posted a stat in another thread showing that the Bills are one of the worst teams at giving up pressure's.

Based on performance they are.  Especially in the last few weeks.

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not gonna bag on corner too much because as bad as Rosen looked today he is in fact a rookie and there is a lot of games left to be played

I think the way corner is defending the opinion is a bit unfortunate......Rosen's situation is similar to Allens which is why both are not putting up big numbers, but there are postions on the cardinals on offense that are definately better.

All rookies need to prove themselves.    

As noted there’s a guy with the preconceived impression that has to prove himself correct.    

He can call us names and insinuate we’re stupid and get testy when someone disagrees with him.  

It’s all for naught until the rookie actually performs over a reasonable number of games. 

Sometimes it it takes more than a season or two.  

And blaming the OL?  The Bills o line isn’t filled with all stars either.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sobering food for thought, for everyone sporting a moniker on this board along the lines of, "wrong Josh":

"Quarterback Josh Rosen threw two pick-sixes in the first quarter, becoming the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to accomplish the feat. He finished with five turnovers, with another interception and two fumbles. He's one of three players in the Super Bowl era to be sacked six times, have five turnovers and throw two pick-sixes, according to Elias." http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/30834/mike-mccoys-days-as-cardinals-oc-likely-numbered

However, it would have been just as unfair to judge Rosen as a future HOF if he'd managed to convert the 2 pick-sixes into Cardinals TD's, so 3 TD's on the night IMO...

Guest Mike147
11 minutes ago, Magox said:

Josh Allen

27 GP / 26 GS / 365 Cmp / 649 Att / 56.2 PCT / 5066 Yards / 44 TDs / 21 INT / 137.7 Rating

Josh Rosen

30 GP / 712 Cmp / 1170 Att / 60.9 PCT / 9341 Yards / 59 TDs / 26 INT / 140 Rating

These stats actually surprised me at first because I expected Rosen to be far ahead of Allen in certain categories and not this close. Ok, Rosen has 15 more TDs and 4275 yards, but he attempted 521 more passes and completed 347 of them in order to get that extra level of production. Fair enough the difference is still a decent stat line  -  347 Cmp / 521 Att / 4275 Yards / 15 TDs / 5 INT - but perhaps the difference between them was a slightly exaggerated. However, I would note that Rosen in college did show decent accuracy and decision making, and I rated him ahead of Allen based on his college production, but his rookie struggles to date do seem to suggest that Rosen was not as 'NFL ready' as he was made out to be. But I do think that with a better O-Line and better support, Rosen would likely be the more accurate quarterback at this level than Allen.  

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

And yet you also posted this....  

Also how do you allow 110 pressures on 107 attempts?

Dp0KtCIXcAELVDj.jpg

Two different sources with different methods I'm guessing.   I know that in the last few weeks the Bills are getting better while the Cardinals' OL is getting worse.  

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Two different sources with different methods I'm guessing.   I know that in the last few weeks the Bills are getting better while the Cardinals' OL is getting worse.  

Yes, I agree that our line is getting a little better.  I doubt that their Oline is significantly more worse than ours to say our QB sucks and theirs is going to be awesome.  That's all I am getting at really.  Both are rookie QBs.  Both have a lot of learning to do.  Both can bust, become mediocre, or become franchise.  Too early to say for either one of them at this point IMO.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yes, I agree that our line is getting a little better.  I doubt that their Oline is significantly more worse than ours to say our QB sucks and theirs is going to be awesome.  That's all I am getting at really.

They are down two starting guards and they are with last night as exhibit A.  Allen doesn't suck, he's much more inexperienced and has a bigger learning curve than the other 3 QBs who were drafted in the top ten.  Nothing new about this.