The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Pick 6 > DYAR, WHIP, TTFB, BYOB 

I can't even take you seriously when you won't analyze either of the INTs and admit that neither were the fault of Rosen with one coming on a tipped ball and the other when JJ Nelson stopped his route on an anticipated throw.  Rosen played a bad game on TNF, but neither of those were on him.  You also looked at his stat line in his 1st start and made an assessment that was inaccurate.  Get serious beyond the nonsense postings. 

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Pick 6 > DYAR, WHIP, TTFB, BYOB 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're going to need to show some objective evidence beyond just making a statement. I'll be waiting. 

PFF 2018 DYAR through Week Six

I will not now nor will I ever take PFF seriously. So come at me with a real statistic.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

I will not now nor will I ever take PFF seriously. So come at me with a real statistic.

That's actually Pro Football Outsiders. I mislabeled it.   Look at it any way you'd like, by statistical analysis or film via All-22 to see what each is doing with regard to NFL QB traits and skill sets that determine success or failure in the NFL.  You do that and come back and objectively state that Allen has shown better.  Of course you won't because the evidence isn't there. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can't even take you seriously when you won't analyze either of the INTs and admit that neither were the fault of Rosen with one coming on a tipped ball and the other when JJ Nelson stopped his route on an anticipated throw.  Rosen played a bad game on TNF, but neither of those were on him.  You also looked at his stat line in his 1st start and made an assessment that was inaccurate.  Get serious beyond the nonsense postings. 

You enjoy Nate Peterman and Josh Rosen.  

Its cool.  

What about the other 3 ints they dropped ?   

Embarrassing stuff 26.      Thanks for replacing skydiver/foster though ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

You enjoy Nate Peterman and Josh Rosen.  

Its cool.  

What about the other 3 ints they dropped ?   

Embarrassing stuff 26.      Thanks for replacing skydiver/foster though ??

Yeah. I enjoy Peterman.  :thumbsup:  Like I posted earlier, you can't be taken seriously. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The first one was on a tipped pass and unlucky but the 2nd one would probably have been picked anyway and at best been incomplete since he was staring-down Nelson the whole way.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

The first one was on a tipped pass and unlucky but the 2nd one would probably have been picked anyway and at best been incomplete since he was staring-down Nelson the whole way.

Not to mention three other passes that were thrown right into the hands of DB's that were dropped.  He could have had 5 picks that game.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's called a hot read where he got the ball out immediately under a blitz pressure. The Broncos sent a 5 man pressure package on the play and his throw was a slant to Nelson. Your starting him down comment is not valid. 

25qwz1y.jpg

20 minutes ago, Magox said:

Not to mention three other passes that were thrown right into the hands of DB's that were dropped.  He could have had 5 picks that game.

Let me guess: those were also the fault of the receivers.  And Allen's problems are all on him. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IIRC you never attempted to analyze Petermans int vs the Chargers in his first ever start last year. You blamed him for all the picks and still do but now have excuses for Rosen. 

I've also yet to see you find an excuse for Allens poor play.

You can't make this stuff up. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's called a hot read where he got the ball out immediately under a blitz pressure. The Broncos sent a 5 man pressure package on the play and his throw was a slant to Nelson. Your starting him down comment is not valid. 

25qwz1y.jpg

Yes it was a hot read.  He didn't see the safety bearing-down on Nelson.  He just basically threw it to get rid of it.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yes it was a hot read.  He didn't see the safety bearing-down on Nelson.  He just basically threw it to get rid of it.

No. He threw it to a spot as designed with Nelson as the intended receiver.  Rosen was shown after the play questioning Nelson about WTH he stopped.   Making things up to fit a narrative. :thumbdown:

Broncos Dominate Against Turnover-Plagued Cardinals

Embattled Cardinals offensive coordinator Mike McCoy can't be pleased with how the game started -- or ended -- with Arizona calling a time out just two plays in. From there, Rosen flung a pass that was tipped by Denver's Derek Wolfe into the waiting arms of linebacker Todd Davis, who rumbled 20 yards for the pick-six just 59 seconds into the affair. McCoy was seeing ghosts after Rosen subsequently whipped a late first-quarter toss into the hands of Chris Harris, Jr., who soared 53 yards for another Denver defensive score. That play saw J.J. Nelson stop on his route, a decision that cost the Cardinals early.

There's nothing wrong with Rosen's arm -- or his potential. His ugly box score (21-of-39 passing for 194 yards with one TD and the three picks) was partly the result of a broken-down scheme and plenty of punishment, with the rookie visiting the medical tent after being slammed helmet-first into the turf on a second-down sack by Shaquil Barrett before the half.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

And this is why no one can take this thread seriously.

I agree. 

54 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Agreed again.  

51 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

PFF ranked Tyrod over good QBs.    They can’t be trusted 

And again 

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kind of like a few INTs Nate had which were off deflections 

46 minutes ago, Magox said:

Now I’m sorry I didn’t watch the game 

25 minutes ago, pop gun said:

IIRC you never attempted to analyze Petermans int vs the Chargers in his first ever start last year. You blamed him for all the picks and still do but now have excuses for Rosen. 

I've also yet to see you find an excuse for Allens poor play.

You can't make this stuff up. 

By the looks of it he can

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. He threw it to a spot as designed with Nelson as the intended receiver.  Rosen was shown after the play questioning Nelson about WTH he stopped.   Making things up to fit a narrative. :thumbdown:

Broncos Dominate Against Turnover-Plagued Cardinals

Embattled Cardinals offensive coordinator Mike McCoy can't be pleased with how the game started -- or ended -- with Arizona calling a time out just two plays in. From there, Rosen flung a pass that was tipped by Denver's Derek Wolfe into the waiting arms of linebacker Todd Davis, who rumbled 20 yards for the pick-six just 59 seconds into the affair. McCoy was seeing ghosts after Rosen subsequently whipped a late first-quarter toss into the hands of Chris Harris, Jr., who soared 53 yards for another Denver defensive score. That play saw J.J. Nelson stop on his route, a decision that cost the Cardinals early.

There's nothing wrong with Rosen's arm -- or his potential. His ugly box score (21-of-39 passing for 194 yards with one TD and the three picks) was partly the result of a broken-down scheme and plenty of punishment, with the rookie visiting the medical tent after being slammed helmet-first into the turf on a second-down sack by Shaquil Barrett before the half.

Oh, the hypocrisy!  I could give you a million different reasons that Allen has struggled but you'd ignore/refuse to listen to them.  So we'll leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Oh, the hypocrisy!  I could give you a million different reasons that Allen has struggled but you'd ignore/refuse to listen to them.  So we'll leave it at that.

Wrong yet again. As if I haven't talked about the poor supporting cast surrounding Allen that's an indictment of Beane and McDermott.  I have in fact done so repeatedly.  From no veteran mentor to the poor WR and OL they have done him no favors. 

Look...let’s be real because this is getting to be just dumb and boring.  Rosen has looked like the more polished signal caller in spurts, but he (just like Allen) also has shown periods of poor “rookie” play.  Anyone with half a brain could have told you coming into the season that Rosen has a higher “floor” than Allen at present.

Some folks like Rosen’s potential to be successful long-term, and some folks (like me) feel that it is Allen that has the higher ceiling and will ultimately be more successful.  Know what?  We’re all correct currently.  Only time will tell.  IMO, ultimately, it’s going to depend more on the structure/supports that are built around each player.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nelson stopped on his route...unacceptable from him

It also happened to be a BAD throw that probably would've been picked anyway 

I'm a Rosen guy; Rosen has been BAD. Certainly no better than Allen, who was my QB4.

Not much else to it.

This.

It’s important to note, Rosen looked to be the most pro-ready in his class. He has not lived up to that predraft label. Allen on the other hand, has basically been better than advertised.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nelson stopped on his route...unacceptable from him

It also happened to be a BAD throw that probably would've been picked anyway 

I'm a Rosen guy; Rosen has been BAD. Certainly no better than Allen, who was my QB4.

Not much else to it.

He's had one excellent game, one poor, game, one decent game, and one terrible game. Not sure what fim you've watched, but he's shown more than Allen to this point which isn't a surprise. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's had one excellent game, one poor, game, one decent game, and one terrible game. Not sure what fim you've watched, but he's shown more than Allen to this point which isn't a surprise. 

Is this like that time you spent 300 posts talking about how Goff was terrible and proof you should never trade up for a QB?

Because it’s starting to feel like it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have each of them graded as having one plus game, one brutal game, and the rest qualifying as minus games.

I can't find any excuse to use the word "excellent" to describe any performance from any of the 4 rookie starters at this point, irrespective of what PFF or any other articles may claim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I have each of them graded as having one plus game, one brutal game, and the rest qualifying as minus games.

I can't find any excuse to use the word "excellent" to describe any performance from any of the 4 rookie starters at this point, irrespective of what PFF or any other articles may claim.

His 1st start was just that to my eyes when I watched live and in review thereafter.  If your opinion differs, that's fine. 

Josh Rosen is a highly touted rookie QB, albeit a struggling one at the moment. Josh Allen is a good athlete. I think Josh Allen would make a good H-back. Maybe we can sign him and Tebow and run the wing T offense because we sure as heck can't pass the ball with any consistency. Ground and pound baby!

If you guys think he's all of a sudden going to "get it" then you are delusional. He's never been a good passing QB at any level of competition. I hear a lot of people saying dumb things like Mahomes was a project and he panned out so Allen can too! You do realize that Allen has only had 2 300-yard passing games in his entire life right? Mahomes AVERAGED over 400 yards per game passing in college against much better competition. Different offenses sure but he showed a propensity to air it out and complete passes when given the opportunity. Allen is never going to be that guy. In today's NFL, 300 yards is a pretty average day for a good QB. We will never see that kind of passing attack under Allen. Maybe we can win some games with good defense but we will never be better than a .500 team +- 1 game until we get a QB that can consistently pass the ball down the field

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Josh Rosen is a highly touted rookie QB, albeit a struggling one at the moment. Josh Allen is a good athlete. I think Josh Allen would make a good H-back. Maybe we can sign him and Tebow and run the wing T offense because we sure as heck can't pass the ball with any consistency. Ground and pound baby!

If you guys think he's all of a sudden going to "get it" then you are delusional. He's never been a good passing QB at any level of competition. I hear a lot of people saying dumb things like Mahomes was a project and he panned out so Allen can too! You do realize that Allen has only had 2 300-yard passing games in his entire life right? Mahomes AVERAGED over 400 yards per game passing in college against much better competition. Different offenses sure but he showed a propensity to air it out and complete passes when given the opportunity. Allen is never going to be that guy. In today's NFL, 300 yards is a pretty average day for a good QB. We will never see that kind of passing attack under Allen. Maybe we can win some games with good defense but we will never be better than a .500 team +- 1 game until we get a QB that can consistently pass the ball down the field

A whole lot of sweeping declarations and false narratives in this post

In fact, that's basically the entirety of the post content 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A whole lot of sweeping declarations and false narratives in this post

In fact, that's basically the entirety of the post content 

Please don’t repost from trolls who are on my ignore list.

6 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Where would be Robert Foster be lined up? lol

What we learned from Sunday's Week 8 games

Arizona Cardinals 18, San Francisco 49ers 15

1. From early ugly offenses to a low score, the battle of 1-6 teams produced what could be expected. But somebody had to win this matchup, and the Cardinals showed grit to overcome a 15-3 deficit early in the fourth quarter to improve to 2-6 and extend a winning streak over the 49ers to eight games.

Rookie quarterback Josh Rosen shook off a sluggish three quarters to lead the comeback, throwing two touchdowns in the final quarter. Rosen's first touchdown went to veteran wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald for 13 yards. The second scoring pass came on a laser in the back of the end zone to rookie wide receiver Christian Kirk for a 9-yard touchdown to cap off an impressive 12-play, 73-yard drive with :39 remaining on the clock. Fitzgerald caught the 2-point conversion to give the Cardinals a three-point lead.

Rosen finished the game completing 23 of 40 passes for a career-high 252 yards, while Fitzgerald produced eight catches for 102 yards on 12 targets, all season highs, to go along with his touchdown. Kirk chipped in with three catches for 42 yards and a touchdown.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz