Allen is a budding superstar

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

So he can throw into small windows but is not accurate and the arm strength is meaningless for long-balls - got it. So glad this is the guy they picked.....really great.

Unfortunately this is about right, and was why a lot of fans and experts a like thought he far from a finished product and should have taken Rosen. I think he has looked ok, quite good against the Vikings but this week his flaws were on full display.

But, it snows in Buffalo so...

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

He is trending upward I'd say. Shows flashes of stardom. I'll stand by this thread. Allen will be a star.

There were some small steps today. Willingness to stand in and go downfield a couple of times... still escaped too early more than once and had a couple of wayward throws. But it was a decent performance. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

There were some small steps today. Willingness to stand in and go downfield a couple of times... still escaped too early more than once and had a couple of wayward throws. But it was a decent performance. 

Well I'd rather him escape than take another blindside hit wouldn't you?  He is dangerous with his legs out there.  It helps now while the pass game is finding it's chemistry.  

On 9/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, Fadingpain said:

Yes it was and it's what he's been doing the entire time, save for a few big plays made with his legs.

Not sure why this is surprising.

He is going to get every break imaginable, plus a few more, from this fan base until their patience runs out and people start to realize he isn't the answer.

We are a long way from that point now, however.

A long long long long way away from believing your takes on Allen 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Well I'd rather him escape than take another blindside hit wouldn't you?  He is dangerous with his legs out there.  It helps now while the pass game is finding it's chemistry.  

He needs to stand in and make throws. When he does - the bomb to Foster - good things happen. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He needs to stand in and make throws. When he does - the bomb to Foster - good things happen. 

Eh I don't mind him leaving the pocket if it leads to good yardage, which today it did a fair amount of the time. Our biggest problem when he leaves the pocket is our offensive line commits penalties way too often. They need to clean that up.

Some thoughts on Allen:

The good: he's clearly a threat with his legs on any play. Today he was much better feeling the rush and escaping at the right moment. He even had several plays where he took off to one side, composed himself as he was running and made the correct decision to throw it away or run OB. The run in the fourth was superstar talent. So was the jump throw, and the TD throw in the second quarter where he held until the last possible second and rifled it thirty-five yards on a rope. 

The bad: he's still wildly inaccurate and inconsistent. A couple of those misses to Deonte were downright stinky. One of them was a one hopper with no pressure. He finished with only eight completions. The coaches don't trust him enough to let him throw in the red zone. Either he runs it in or we kick a FG. It feels like it's either boom or bust with Josh. He's still missing on his timing throws to the outside most of the time. 

This game made you wonder what he might look like surrounded by people who can block and get open. Fournette is terrifying. Overall nice win.   

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

The Josh Allen Narrative: From self-proclaimed draft experts working off box scores (he’s not an athlete, look at his rushing stats!) and GIFs (remember that time he threw 18 inches too high for the net at a practice!) and inside jokes that provided minutes of hilarity for your uncle, it’s been a year of really dumb takes regarding Allen. He’s still raw, but his talent is undeniable. And he’s doing it with guys like Robert Foster, Jason Crooms and the worst O-line in the league. You can put Allen up there with the best young quarterbacks in football.

• Like (+1) 1