Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We have a coach that has chosen multiple times to start Peterman.  We have signed multiple players that choose to retire over being a Bill. Our team is getting destroyed on the regular. Yet we are talking about Tyrod sucking? It is like the 400 lb girl with a beard making fun of the super hot girl for having a pimple. 

0fer is a super hot girl. What a country.

52 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We have a coach that has chosen multiple times to start Peterman.  We have signed multiple players that choose to retire over being a Bill. Our team is getting destroyed on the regular. Yet we are talking about Tyrod sucking? It is like the 400 lb girl with a beard making fun of the super hot girl for having a pimple. 

I guess that makes Blake Bortles a supermodel.   

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Lol ok...this post made me laugh. There will always be those in denial though that believe Tyrod was a franchise QB, and that he was an "efficient" QB for the sole reason being that he didn't turn the ball over (hint: that alone doesn't make you efficient)

Does that plus leading the offense to top 1/3 of the league in scoring 2 years in a row make you efficient?

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I dunno...Tyrod is 3-2 against the Jets, where he just lights the scoreboard on fire & cranks out a record book-worthy average of 19/30 passing for 229 yards, 1.5 TD's & 0.5 INT's.

That's insane for T-Mobile! Do you see that? That's like...over 30 yards more per game than his average last season! I dunno if I've got enough popcorn & bourbon for that kinda performance!

the Jets defense isn't the Steeler or Saint defense. could be a rough evening for Tyrod.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

On the contrary, as a starter for the Bills and Browns, he is 23-21-1. Having a record above .500 on those teams feels impressive.

the previous 45 games the Bills played they were 19-26 with the likes of Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Thaddeus Lewis, Jeff Tuel and Kyle Orton. so yeah, i guess your right, he is most definately 4 games better than those.... qbs.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the previous 45 games the Bills played they were 19-26 with the likes of Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Thaddeus Lewis, Jeff Tuel and Kyle Orton. so yeah, i guess your right, he is most definately 4 games better than those.... qbs.

That is the point so many seem to miss. In games when Tyrod does not play or teams before and after home they do worse. He may not be the franchise guy but he is better than many of the alternatives. That is a valuable asset in that he can hold the fort down until you find the guy. It is quite ignorant to say that he is as awful as many try to say. Bottom line is he can start in this league and win in this league. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

That is the point so many seem to miss. In games when Tyrod does not play or teams before and after home they do worse. He may not be the franchise guy but he is better than many of the alternatives. That is a valuable asset in that he can hold the fort down until you find the guy. It is quite ignorant to say that he is as awful as many try to say. Bottom line is he can start in this league and win in this league. 

again, saying Tyrod was/is even just okay because he was been starting for 3+ years is not the best argument when one considers exactly whom he has been starting for.

jus' my 2 satoshi...

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If TT is so bad, what’s that say about the first overall selection in the draft? 

Its like playoffs are already here 

They have a pretty ignorant and awful head coach, 1-32-1 now.

I think that is the reason the first overall selection is not playing, it's definitely not because he is less talented than a 6th round pick.   

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

I agree TT can hold the fort. The issue is, if holding the fort is his ceiling, where does he get you, ultimately? Don’t get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for him as a person and I am grateful for what he accomplished here, but “fort holder” is the minimum standard for a starter.

Edited by K-9

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

On the contrary, as a starter for the Bills and Browns, he is 23-21-1. Having a record above .500 on those teams feels impressive.

Winning is good.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

again, saying Tyrod was/is even just okay because he was been starting for 3+ years is not the best argument when one considers exactly whom he has been starting for.

jus' my 2 satoshi...

He stArted last year for a playoff team.   The team had a winning record during his tenure.  I'm Having a hard time understanding your point.

Edited by reddogblitz

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not to get technical, but I think it’s 22-22-1, so his vaunted ‘winning Qb’ label is on the line.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Flutie > RJ

I hated the hell out of Doug Flutie because it didn't feel like the Bills. I hated his legion of fans that weren't Bills fans excusing his shortcoming and bashing our team in the process. I hated that we'd win a game 13-10 and the only highlight you'd see was a Doug Flutie jump pass. That Wade Phillips defense was criminally underrated.

But yeah, after almost 20 years, Flutie>RJ

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Tyrod Taylor joined a 9-7 team and took them to 8-8, 7-9, 9-7.  He joined a winless team and remain winless as a starter.

He is 22-22-1 as a starter.  Tonight, he drops below .500 as a starter and the CoT will have to sacrifice a baby calf at midnight to bring back their hero.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Winning is good.

He stArted last year for a playoff team.   The team had a winning record during his tenure.  I'm Having a hard time understanding your point.

3 points is the point.   

56 yards is the point. 

If Peterman was Landry Jones/Colt Mccoy/Matt Moore etc etc etc Tyrod would have stayed on the bench.  

Shipping that bum outta town was a major plus for Beane 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

If Peterman was Landry Jones/Colt Mccoy/Matt Moore etc etc etc Tyrod would have stayed on the bench.  

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all  have a Merry Christmas.

Peterman was still in high school when Hotrod won the job.

He's gone.  I thought you'd be happy but you seem to be as grumpy as ever.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Hi reddog?  I'd like to introduce you to my friend, reddog.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, reddogblitz said:

Had he been able to take Haushka with him to Cleveland with him, they would be 2-0 right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tyrod Taylor joined a 9-7 team and took them to 8-8, 7-9, 9-7.  He joined a winless team and remain winless as a starter.

He is 22-22-1 as a starter.  Tonight, he drops below .500 as a starter and the CoT will have to sacrifice a baby calf at midnight to bring back their hero.

Josh Allen joined a 9-7 team.

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Whose grumpy ?    You the Taylor fan ? 

We paid the price vs the jags for having to start the bum.  

Too bad we didn’t have a Mccown or Detmer brother as qb2.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Too bad we didn’t have a Mccown or Detmer brother as qb2.  

...just stay tuned for "Unleashing Part II" tonight.......I'm thinkin' Air Coryell on the shores of Lake Erie............

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Whose Grumpy?

I just think it's funny how much you and others dog the guy and love to pile on him even though he IS GONE.  The crusade is over.  He's long gone.

He left the Bills in a better place than he found them.  We broke the drought. 

Now we're back to sucking in the eternal quest for a "Franchise QB", so all is right with the world.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Now we're back to sucking in the eternal quest for a "Franchise QB", so all is right with the world.

the eternal quest may be met with the rookie, maybe, yet to be determined?  although some feel he's a bust I haven't seen near enough to call it but around these parts patience always seems to run thin when determining whether he is, or is not?

on the fence? seen enough? or willing to give it some time?

should have a decent idea by seasons end. just unfortunate the rook has so little to work with and a questionable line to boot. could prove his demise or he could rise up and over come the challenges ahead, which are many.

I think people just don't understand winning.  Throwing for 300 yards a game does not equal winning.  I absolutely am not saying I don't want a decent passing game and goodness knows that the part of Taylor i could never defend was that he just wasn't an adequate level of clutch.  He did a lot of things well or at least well enough but when the chips were down he couldn't get over the hump.  It wasn't the number of yards he threw for.  The same test will someday be the measure for Allen and it will have nothing to do with how many yards he throws for.  As far as just wins and losses the lack of help is just as too blame as Taylor.  At least half his loses had huge defensive or special teams failures and since he joined the Browns both games should have been won by the kicker and were not.  Again the knock on Taylor is not taking the game into his own hands and making a few extra plays and I can't argue that but he does usually put teams in a position to win.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I think people just don't understand winning.  Throwing for 300 yards a game does not equal winning.  I absolutely am not saying I don't want a decent passing game and goodness knows that the part of Taylor i could never defend was that he just wasn't an adequate level of clutch.  He did a lot of things well or at least well enough but when the chips were down he couldn't get over the hump.  It wasn't the number of yards he threw for.  The same test will someday be the measure for Allen and it will have nothing to do with how many yards he throws for.  As far as just wins and losses the lack of help is just as too blame as Taylor.  At least half his loses had huge defensive or special teams failures and since he joined the Browns both games should have been won by the kicker and were not.  Again the knock on Taylor is not taking the game into his own hands and making a few extra plays and I can't argue that but he does usually put teams in a position to win.

Hes got another 2 yards passing tonite. 

Lets get it ! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

3 points is the point.   

56 yards is the point. 

Shipping that bum outta town was a major plus for Beane 

Don’t forget 65 yards too.

56 yards

65 yards

Starting NFL QB.

Yikes.