Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

Gives me so much confidence on how these guys will spend all that free agent money next year.  

we didn't have much this offseason.  We were fishing for reclamation projects/easy to get/low cost guys.    

Hyde and Poyer were nice additions last year.  

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Classy quote.  Let's see if he's classy enough to give back the money he stole, kitty quitter.

Sorry i disagree. Nothing classy about the quote or any part of this action. Not in the least. Finish the game, talk to coach after the game and walk away. Don't quit in the middle. Such a cowardly move. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

There may be better links out there, but here's the first one I found:

http://www.billsbackers.com/122703.htm

Ruben Brown A No-Show

Another element came to light before the game with the Patriots when it was announced that Ruben Brown was "excused" from the game. Bills coach Gregg Williams said that "personal reasons" were the factors that determined that they would allow him to miss his first game after playing 71 straight. Bills GM Tom Donahoe emphasized that Brown was not suspended, but "inactive."

Rumors have come out of One Bills Drive that Brown was unhappy with Bills offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and the play calling all season. In fact, one source claimed that Brown confronted Gilbride during the week. Brown did not practice all week with the Bills and said on his radio show early in the week that it would have been hard for him to get motivated playing the last game of the season.

This comes at a time when the Bills needed some final stand, one last show of support for not only their coach, who is likely to get fired next week, but also for pride. What Brown did to the Bills and his teammates was to abandon ship. He had enough of the coaching staff and decided to make a statement to everyone by quitting on the team. Brown, who was voted to the Pro Bowl for the 8th straight year, may have played his last game in a Bills uniform last week against Miami.

Anyone who contributed to the firing of GW gets a pass from me

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm not umbrellaing anything.  This regime also made the playoffs last year, but some seem to cherry-pick the bad decisions.  

Frazier had a good track record as a D-coordinator, and I don't think it was a bad decision to start  Peterman--who had a great preseason, over a rookie QB, behind an abysmal O-line, in the first game.  

I'd rather have a coach like McD that makes corrections and moves forward than a stubborn coach who sticks by his initial decisions hoping to be proven right at some point.  

Yeah I was really impressed with McD last year. He won a lot of leeway with me, but he's also definitely given some of it back this year. I'm sorry but if you're one bad half from permanently pulling your QB then you should have had a third guy on the roster. And if your response is "well they tried and McCarron sucked" then you have some major pro personnel department issues.

Same argument with Fraser. It's not like McD didn't have a whole year working with the guy last year to figure out if he was the right guy to call plays. Now we're two games in and his knees have been cut out from under him. 

Again, I'm glad McD isn't afraid to admit his mistakes (at least privately. Ha.) but it's still fair to question the initial decisions. He's left himself open for criticism IMO. 

Edited by VW82

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You do that after the game. Can you imagine a fire fighter or a marine in the middle of a fight or even a teacher in the middle of a class or a chef in the middle of the dinner rush deciding I'm not doing this any more? You do it after the game. 

Marines, it has happened. They're called deserters, history is full of them. 

I don't have examples of teachers or fire fighters.

Chefs quit during rushes all the time... Football players are just like regular people. As all are just jobs, some people handle things well, others, not so much.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You do that after the game. Can you imagine a fire fighter or a marine in the middle of a fight or even a teacher in the middle of a class or a chef in the middle of the dinner rush deciding I'm not doing this any more? You do it after the game. 

This seems a little over the top. Davis quit a game - he didn’t put people’s safety or their welfare at risk. It’s more akin to an actor quitting a play during intermission. In the big picture - it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things like you raise. 

Just now, WotAGuy said:

This seems a little over the top. Davis quit a game - he didn’t put people’s safety or their welfare at risk. It’s more akin to an actor quitting a play during intermission. In the big picture - it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things like you raise. 

It's over the top to compare it to a marine or firefighter, but I think the teacher and chef examples are fine, as is the actor.