Patriots Sign and Cut WR Corey Coleman - Now Signed to NYG 53 Man Roster

26CornerBlitz

So let me get this straight? Coleman iant good enough to play here with this joke of a WR corp but he can play for a perennial Super Bowl contender?

Coleman better pick it up tho. Brady has ZERO tolerance for his WRs not running precise routes and trying to do things properly down to every minute detail. Thinga Coleman is apparently terrible at.

Lol...how many TD passes will he catch against us?

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And they don't even have potential on the roster. I'm not sure if taking up the side of how this regime has treated the WRs is the right one, unless you're on some samurai or kamikaze ****.

I was being kind with Coleman.  The kid is a bust.  Brown is right in that if he can't grasp the Bills' playbook, he has no chance with the Cheaters playbook'.  It's obvious they only added him because he was with the Bills.  Robert Foster replaces the "speed guy who can't catch" role Coleman might have played.

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Your usual non sequitur.  When you paint yourself into a corner, you toss one of those out.

Let me make it easier for you: what you seem to think and what is reality are usually two entirely different things.  Everyone knows you only give a **** about Coleman now because the Cheaters picked him up, and your faux outrage over Brown's tweet is a joke.   

Edited by Doc

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was being kind with Coleman.  The kid is a bust.  Brown is right in that if he can't grasp the Bills' playbook, he has no chance with the Cheaters playbook'.  It's obvious they only added him because he was with the Bills.  Robert Foster replaces the "speed guy who can't catch" role Coleman might have played.

Let me make it easier for you: what you seem to think and what is reality are usually two entirely different things.  Everyone knows you only give a **** about Coleman now because the Cheaters picked him up, and your faux outrage over Brown's tweet is a joke.   

There is no outrage doc. I'm pointing out that it is unprecedented for the team to dump on a guy they cut like that.  And the motivation behind it. 

Whether he's a bust or not, the Bills have never made those comments regarding previous busts they've released.  They are clearly spinning a boneheaded decision to trade for this kid.

That's the reality of it because there is simply no other explanation for that tweet.  Your limp responses (low wonderlic, etc) have only bolstered my point.  When cornered, you cover yourself with your "McCoy" and "pats fan" blankets, instead of putting forth valid counterpoints. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

There is no outrage doc. I'm pointing out that it is unprecedented for the team to dump on a guy they cut like that.  And the motivation behind it. 

Whether he's a bust or not, the Bills have never made those comments regarding previous busts they've released.  They are clearly spinning a boneheaded decision to trade for this kid.

That's the reality of it because there is simply no other explanation for that tweet.  Your limp responses (low wonderlic, etc) have only bolstered my point.  When cornered, you cover yourself with your "McCoy" and "pats fan" blankets, instead of putting forth valid counterpoints. 

Since when to you have such empathy for players with the way you dump on many of them?  I find your response to the Chris Brown tweet rather odd. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Since when to you have such empathy for players with the way you dump on many of them?  I find your response to the Chris Brown tweet rather odd. 

Calling out poor decisions by the OBD front office isn't that odd for me or most of this board.  Your finding this "rather odd" is not plausible.

Like doc, you are pretending to miss the point.

Edited by Mr. WEO

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If memory serves correctly, Chris Brown had another weird report about Anthony Hargrove having issues with mental illness.  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You cannot even see or admit to your own hypocrisy.  ;)

Have I previously praised Chris Brown?  Or boneheaded Bills FO decisions before?  Because that's the topic of discussion here, not whether this WR is good or bad (he's bad).

3 minutes ago, GG said:

If memory serves correctly, Chris Brown had another weird report about Anthony Hargrove having issues with mental illness.  

Hargrove had multiple suspensions for substance abuse.  The Bills paid him not much.  When they released him Brown didn't say he wouldn't last 4 games with the Saints.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hargrove had multiple suspensions for substance abuse.  The Bills paid him not much.  When they released him Brown didn't say he wouldn't last 4 games with the Saints.

Predicting his tenure with Pats* is secondary to the public conjecture of a developmental disability or being an idiot.

Just now, GG said:

Predicting his tenure with Pats* is secondary to the public conjecture of a developmental disability or being an idiot.

This may be true, but it is a way to say "see, the Bills won't be the only ones suckered by this beautiful failure of a WR", without acknowledging that they are the only ones who traded for him and are still paying for him after he left the team.

Here's a simple question for the other posters who can't quite figure out what Chris Brown and the FO are up to:  why didn't Brown tweet about Coleman's mental shortcomings immediately after they released him?  In fact, why would he have not used it as the reason they let him go?  Why not tell the world right then? 

Bills coaches weren't a fan of Coleman's attitude from the minute he got there. He has a reputation of being a player who thinks he can coast on athletic ability alone. That mindset really isn't going to mesh with the ol' "Patriot Way." But, when Tom Brady is your QB, you're probably gonna catch at least a few balls.

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Incorrect.  The Bills traded for his contract that came with guaranteed salary from his rookie deal and the Bills are still on the hook since no team claimed him from waivers. 

Contract Information from Spotrac: Corey Coleman

Rodak Tweeted 

The Bills will get to offset the amount Corey Coleman makes from his Pats deal. Assuming Coleman signed for his league minimum $630,000 & doesn't get cut this season, Buffalo will get $592,941 of salary cap relief because of the deal. That's 16/17ths of $630,000.

Joel Corry added,

Matt Gavenda

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Signing WR Corey Coleman - Cut After the Trade for Gordon
On 9/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, BillsFan692 said:

Rodak Tweeted 

The Bills will get to offset the amount Corey Coleman makes from his Pats deal. Assuming Coleman signed for his league minimum $630,000 & doesn't get cut this season, Buffalo will get $592,941 of salary cap relief because of the deal. That's 16/17ths of $630,000.

Joel Corry added,

Matt Gavenda

I stated this when Pats* signed Coleman.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/12/2018 at 4:14 PM, Chris66 said:

He still didnt run it the right way. To rounded. He has to flatten it out.

LOL!  Now he's a bum to Cheaters fans. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

This aged well.

Brown gave him too much credit! :lol:

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Signing WR Corey Coleman - Cut & Re-signed to Practice Squad
14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Epithat?

I guess he does not know what that word means. It applies to description of characteristics of a person.  Or thing mentioned to be fair.

I just have never heard it used to describe a situation with an organization before. Almost always used to describe a person.

Edited by cba fan

On 9/11/2018 at 10:14 AM, GG said:

Brown just outed Coleman as being developmentally disabled or a moron. 

Coleman is not developmentally disabled.  There are three types of learners:

1. Auditory - People who can learn by listening

2. Visual - People who can learn by seeing

3. Tactile - People who learn by doing

The tactile learner takes longer to learn, but it is NOT a learning disability.  You will have to spend more time with that person, because they need to perform what you need them to do multiple times.  It's possible that a patient team like the Cheats could reap the benefits of his physical talent.  

On 9/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, BillsFan692 said:

Rodak Tweeted 

Joel Corry added,

Matt Gavenda

Doesn't contradict.  When the Bills traded for Coleman, he had $3.5M  of guaranteed salary due him on his rookie deal.

The Pats signed him for vet min, so the Bills are now on the hook for $2.9M

For a guy they brought in for a month.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Signing WR Corey Coleman - Now Cut from Practice Squad
On 9/19/2018 at 9:14 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Doesn't contradict.  When the Bills traded for Coleman, he had $3.5M  of guaranteed salary due him on his rookie deal.

The Pats signed him for vet min, so the Bills are now on the hook for $2.9M

For a guy they brought in for a month.

they took a shot and failed. did it come at any cost besides ownership's pockets?