This says it all...wide the hell open

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, mabden said:

All great points and I agree with every one of them except lack of confidence on Allen's part.    From what I can see in the young man, he has no fear.    From watching Allen's college games, he has plenty of experience running for his life behind an at best, average line.

Maybe.  Haven't seen enough to know what Allen would have done.   All I know is that there's a higher likelihood that Allen finds a way to deliver that ball than Peterman.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except he did have time to throw, and the point is where does a QB start his progressions given the defensive set before the snap.  No play can be “designed to get particular people open” in the abstract, the QB has to read the D and see who’ll be open.

Yeah he did have time to throw.  It wasn't a jailbreak type of day from what I saw, the Oline did OK in protection, especially considering Daboll didn't have the guts to try running it three times in a row, or even two.   In a game when we needed less of Peterman and more of Shady, the OC should realize how important it is for your Oline to run block on multiple consecutive plays.  They get to hit instead of be hit, and it energizes them.

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wow ... you're dead and you can still post a tweet?

Try THAT, @YoloinOhio!!!!!!!!

You think Yolo is a PERSON - bwaaaa haaaaa haaaaa.  Dude, it's obviously a chatbot...

You never see Yolo at the TBD tailgate - know why?  Chat Bots don't drink!

• Haha (+1) 2

Being able to stand tall in the pocket and deliver when the pass rush is closing in is a talent Peterman doesn’t have.  He also doesn’t have enough arm to reset his feet in the pocket and still be able to deliver on time.  He is not an NFL QB because if it.  You can look good in practice wearing a red jersey when you know you’re not gonna get hit.  Preseason is the same to some extent as everyone but Gregg Williams doesn’t pressure the QB the same way they do in the regular season. 

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm dead....

It comes down to natural ability.  The seam pass was never an option.  If he looks to the right the safety stays in center field and he doesnt have the arm to get the ball there.  This is why Peterman cant play in the NFL because smart defense know there are routes he cant throw so they can cheat off those and smother the ones he can.

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I mean as soon as the football is snapped, watch Dawkins vs Za'Darius Smith.  DAMN!!!!!  Not many QB's will be comfortable with that lack of a pocket.

Sadly, many point to Dawkins as one of the Bills “ building blocks” under McDermott/ Beane

Can't really fault Peterman on that play. If he skips Clay in his progression and looks to Kerley because of the defensive positioning, the safety rolls over to Kerley immediately. He has to look at Clay first for Kerley to get that open. Most QB's would have time to get through the first read then throw it to the guy opening up. He was in trouble before that was possible. 

Edit: In fact, his feet may have been in a non-throwing position during his first read because he knew all along he was going to look for Kerley and then just didn't have time. Although I'd have to see more film to know if that's a recurring problem of his. 

Edited by MPT
  • Like (+1) 1

The review of the feet and their position was hilarious. You almost couldn't even circle his feet because 2 Offensive Linemen were almost on top of him already. All the blame should be on the GM/Coach/OL. OL for being completely miserable and the Coach/GM for not addressing that squad already. Don't tell me there was nothing available. Free agency isn't the only source of players. Trades happen. They needed to MAKE something happen and not wait for something to walk in the door and they didn't.

Sure it was one loss, but that was a team on the cusp of making the playoffs. Those are teams that you have to beat if you are going to make the playoffs. Even the defense looked bad which is really scary. Let's hope it was just a rain issue and they have rainless games the rest of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It looks like to me, he stays on his first read or the left side of the field too long. He waits too long for Clay to break from his guy.

And here in lies the problem with Nate P. He's determined where he's going before the snap and does a poor job post snap. Watch the Safety follow his eyes over to the left, leaving the seam wide open. Weddle has his back to the seam route even before Nate gets to his first read. That's a TD if he recognizes this post snap, he just doesn't do that.

They know where he's going with the ball because they know that he is going to stare be down his first read and go there 90% of the time. Weddle turns his back to 3 recievers being covered by 2 guys because he knows NP is going to the other side of the field. 

Peterman's edge in the experience department amounts to:

1. 1 more training camp

2. A historically bad half vs. Chargers

3. 3/4 of the blizzard game in which he was 5-10 and with the game conditions having no resemblance to a regular game

4. 33 minutes vs. Ravens where he again was historically horrible

#3 is irrelevant, 2 and 4 are both strikes against him (and the most important "experiences" to evaluate). And 2 and 4 show how much the extra training camp helped him. 

And by the way, in the 63 minutes he played vs. Chargers and Ravens, the Bills were outscored 77-7. 

He cannot play in the league start Allen. 

Also, all the talk about how it's impossible to bring in a veteran QB because they don't know the playbook is a bunch of garbage. Kyle Orton got here about 2 minutes before the season began and by week 5 he was ready to go, started and threw for over 300 yards. 

Edited by jwhit34

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s as I often say...there’s someone open on almost every play. The experienced good quarterback will find them. And the really good ones know which receiver it will be before the ball is snapped, just by scanning the defense. Nate is neither. Not yet anyway.

Brady has proven this for years.

Has taken no name receivers and won games.

Peterman may very well suck, but there isn't a QB on the planet who would be consistently successful with this OL. Your offense starts with a decent OL, if you don't have that you're gonna suck no matter who is running the show. You don't need a bunch of All Pros up front, but a bunch of dog meat like the Bills have is a death sentence.

I was expecting a video that was way more conclusive. Peterman’s first read wasn’t open, and the pocket fell apart immediately. He was literally running for his life.

Peterman didn’t go above and beyond on Sunday, and in no way could anyone be impressed with his play, but man... our whole offense looked terrible.