This says it all...wide the hell open

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, fridge said:

I was expecting a video that was way more conclusive. Peterman’s first read wasn’t open, and the pocket fell apart immediately. He was literally running for his life.

Peterman didn’t go above and beyond on Sunday, and in no way could anyone be impressed with his play, but man... our whole offense looked terrible.

I think what Erik is pointing out was Nate's mistake to make Clay his first read.  In the pre-snap look of the Ravens D, his better option to find single coverage would have been to the right side of the LoS.

1 hour ago, IronyAbounds said:

Peterman may very well suck, but there isn't a QB on the planet who would be consistently successful with this OL. Your offense starts with a decent OL, if you don't have that you're gonna suck no matter who is running the show. You don't need a bunch of All Pros up front, but a bunch of dog meat like the Bills have is a death sentence.

Yup. It all starts in the trenches.

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s as I often say...there’s someone open on almost every play. The experienced good quarterback will find them. And the really good ones know which receiver it will be before the ball is snapped, just by scanning the defense. Nate is neither. Not yet anyway.

If you think Nate's bad at those things, wait until Allen plays a lot more.

3 hours ago, GG said:

I think what Erik is pointing out was Nate's mistake to make Clay his first read.  In the pre-snap look of the Ravens D, his better option to find single coverage would have been to the right side of the LoS.

Often your first read is to “look off” the safety. I am happy someone like Erik makes these videos, but it’s incredibly presumptive since we don’t know the playbook or the concept of the play.