Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fitz addressed that one too.  4:50 into the above link.

Is this being recorded, or no?  OMG, it's a roast, but the best roasters find a way to bring the truth out.  That clip is !@#$ing gold, thanks for posting it.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

Are you talking about Whaley when you say you know a couple that don’t trust him? 

Interesting about the Rico thing. That is what I suspected all along. 

Who flippin cares.....players always talk smack when they leave a team (well lots do anyways).....the guy is history here....im more concerned our new QB doesnt sh*t the bed when he has DT's & DE's swarming all over him tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Are you talking about Whaley when you say you know a couple that don’t trust him? 

Interesting about the Rico thing. That is what I suspected all along. 

No, not Whaley. It is a few players, some that are there and some that are gone. McDermott doesn’t have buy in from everyone. There are some guys that HATE him.

3 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Okay...  I will bite.  What proof do you have of this?

You can choose to believe me or not. I really don’t care. I think those that have been here a while will vouch that my information has always been credible. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can choose to believe me or not. I really don’t care. I think those that have been here a while will vouch that my information has always been credible. 

Huh. Interesting. I find that surprising when you hear guys like Kyle say that they always know where they stand with McD and he always shoots them straight.

Seems like he usually plays the guys that earn it, too. 

But I definitely do believe you. I know you have good, legit sources. I’d love to hear more details sometime (if you ever wanted to pm me, I can keep a secret.... ? lol).  

You cant please everyone, I guess. I’m sure there are guys who hate Belichick (understandably so...lol) and same probably goes for every other coach around the NFL. I can’t imagine any are universally loved by every player. Ultimately, as long as they are good coaches and they win, that’s what matters most. 

Still, I have to wonder why they hate him? Personality?  Coaching style? Shipping friends out of town? 

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

It's not surprising that all the players are not enamored with McDermott and his style of coaching. And it's not surprising that all head coaches have players on their teams who don't embrace what the coach is preaching. It's probable that Belicheck has a number of players on his roster who thinks that he is an insufferable tyrant. It really doesn't matter. What counts is how hard the players play for the team. 

Football is not only a brutal sport but it is a cutthroat business. Players come and go. And much of the player movement has less to do with talent as it does with salary. In that type of environment it's not surprising that a faction of the players recognize that the mantra of family and loyalty are hollow concepts where rosters turn over by more than 24% every year. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, not Whaley. It is a few players, some that are there and some that are gone. McDermott doesn’t have buy in from everyone. There are some guys that HATE him.

Not saying you're wrong, but I can't imagine it's that big of a deal. With the constant refrain of 'process' and 'culture' coming out of OBD, if there were really guys in that locker room who hated McD they'd be out. I don't imagine him being the kind of HC who would tolerate that. 

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

WHAT PLAYERS

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not going to get into that, some are there and some are gone. FWIW, there are multiple starters in that boat. I know of 3 and another 4 that are gone.

I reckon most of us could make pretty educated guesses. There is one that I have heard too doesn't get on with McDermott and doesn't get on with Frazier. Not sure it needs a brain surgeon to work out who and I am guessing he is on your list Kirbs. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tell us the ones who are gone at least. I see no harm there. 

Darby. That one is obvious. Sammy and Marcell are pretty safe bets too.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not going to get into that, some are there and some are gone. FWIW, there are multiple starters in that boat. I know of 3 and another 4 that are gone.

Not sure how recent your info is. Have you heard anything about what the players think of Allen?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair.  I don't choose to believe the extent you are making it sound like. I am sure there are people that hate him (like those Tyrod lovers when he was benched) and hopefully they get weeded out.  IF he was a tyrant (like you are implying) there is NO way (in my opinion)  that Kyle Williams would stick his neck out for him.

BTW,  you can choose to believe me or not I don't care.... but I have a close contact in the Bills' organization and he is more than professional to not air dirty laundry (or any information of note for that matter) out.  It keeps our relationship healthy when we don't talk about work.

PS I have been here a while - don't let my new account join date fool ya. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I reckon most of us could make pretty educated guesses. There is one that I have heard too doesn't get on with McDermott and doesn't get on with Frazier. Not sure it needs a brain surgeon to work out who and I am guessing he is on your list Kirbs

JERRY? VONTAE?  SHAQ?

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I reckon most of us could make pretty educated guesses. There is one that I have heard too doesn't get on with McDermott and doesn't get on with Frazier. Not sure it needs a brain surgeon to work out who and I am guessing he is on your list Kirbs. 

Former disgruntled guys dislike HC who let them go isn't that big a deal. As to who doesn't like playing for McD now...it ain't K. Williams, Hyde, Poyer, White, Edmunds, or Phillips. Not Allen, Benjamin, Dawkins, either. 

So if the issue is that guys like McCoy or Clay or Washington don't like the staff, who cares. They aren't in the future plans anyway. Good riddance imo. 

I'm going to have to be on tyrod's side. Many called him a class act while in Buffalo, screw it. Let em know the Bills coaching and personnel and EJ investment was annoying. Every time he didn't play the quarterback play dropped immensely. He's aware of it.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

There was also a reason for Tyrod to be benched, as was said in other posts, that he was fully guaranteed for 2017 season if he was injured, and since the Bills weren't sure if they were keeping him yet, they decided to protect themselves and bench him in a meaningless game.

And ya don't think that pissed off Tyrod? That's even worse haha

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm going to have to be on tyrod's side. Many called him a class act while in Buffalo, screw it. Let em know the Bills coaching and personnel and EJ investment was annoying. Every time he didn't play the quarterback play dropped immensely. He's aware of it.

And ya don't think that pissed off Tyrod? That's even worse haha

It's the business.  Everyone on earth anticipated he'd be benched for that reason.  

And there is no such thing as an "immense drop in QB play" from Tyrod Taylor.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's the business.  Everyone on earth anticipated he'd be benched for that reason.  

And there is no such thing as an "immense drop in QB play" from Tyrod Taylor.

Like 3 pick 6s from EJ at Jags in London or Peterman at Chargers? It happened more often than not. He knew he was the best Quarterback and didn't like getting benched.. human nature. It's a low bar but competitors don't want to get benched when they see their backups fail miserably

A business sure? That's Bills doing their thing. And that's alright. But I wouldn't begrudge Tyrod for playing on a team that was doing it's damndest to see if they had somebody better and let him go

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

... competitors don't want to get benched when they see their backups fail miserably

ACTUALLY being benched and having your replacement suck is the optimal scenario. It shows that they made a bad choice and  you can be appreciated differently.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Like 3 pick 6s from EJ at Jags in London or Peterman at Chargers? It happened more often than not. He knew he was the best Quarterback and didn't like getting benched.. human nature. It's a low bar but competitors don't want to get benched when they see their backups fail miserably

Instead of listing the easiest poor performances by other Bills QBs, give me a list of Tyrod's great performances.

I'll start:

2015 @ Miami

2016 vs. Miami (loss)

Dammit.  I started and ended the list.  Oops.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Instead of listing the easiest poor performances by other Bills QBs, give me a list of Tyrod's great performances.

I'll start:

2015 @ Miami

2016 vs. Miami (loss)

Dammit.  I started and ended the list.  Oops.

LOW BAR. list me his averages against everybody we benched him for lmao

11 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

ACTUALLY being benched and having your replacement suck is the optimal scenario. It shows that they made a bad choice and  you can be appreciated differently.

Sure that's what happened.. until he got benched again. And the team made clear he wasn't desired. 

Like is it optimal for Tyrod in the playoff race to see his backup lose? No he wants to win, he was getting pretty aware of his (lack of) appreciation

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

LOW BAR. list me his averages against everybody we benched him for lmao

Sure that's what happened.. until he got benched again. And the team made clear he wasn't desired. 

Like is it optimal for Tyrod in the playoff race to see his backup lose? No he wants to win, he was getting pretty aware of his (lack of) appreciation

If you want to celebrate that Tyrod Taylor did better than his backups, then have at it, my friend.  I want better and the day he left, we got better.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Cmon Tyrod quit talking trash. The bottom line is Tyrod three for 56 yards against the Saints in an emabarassibg QB display seen in years. That’s why he got bench. Bottom line. 

Amazing how everyone forgets how bad he and the offense looked the two games before the benching.  

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If you want to celebrate that Tyrod Taylor did better than his backups, then have at it, my friend.  I want better and the day he left, we got better.

I'm defending against our silly outrage. Who cares what he is saying.. I'm saying he's probably right and agreeing with you we... Probably didn't get better but did need to move on lol

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm defending our silly outrage. Who cares what he is saying.. I'm saying he's probably right and agreeing with you we... Probably didn't get better but did need to move on lol

His benching in 2016 was a sound business decision.  Everyone, including him, should have known that.