Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

I think the Chargers benching was pretty clear - McDermott thought Peterman might be better than Taylor so he was willing to take the risk to see how Nate performed.  It turned out to be a bad decision.  I doubt McDermott lied about that since it was so obvious.

The Anthony Lynn/Whaley thing though was bizarre, yes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I can't see McDermott ever misleading his players.  It HAS to be the previous regime and his benching.

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I can't see McDermott ever misleading his players.  It HAS to be the previous regime and his benching.

I think McDermott would almost rather quit than do something like that..it goes against everything that I have ever seen about him. He got up in front of the room last year after the Peterman debacle and admitted he was wrong to the team. Dudnt try and defend it or spin it.

That's a leader right there. People know there will be bad decisions that get made and they accept it. They just need to believe in the person making them and he definitely has that.

I'm not sure what it is about him but everytime I see clips of him, the embedded videos etc I just think to myself he has "it" from a leadership perspective. Its hard to describe what it is but I just know that he has it. This might go down as one of the great hires in Bills history.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

I never heard it confirmed it was Rico. Interesting. 

Tyrod will end up with another winning season With his conservative play and a few huge plays per game. 

Some biils fans will continue to spew hate, some may come to belive or already do that he is better than what we have starting now... and Cleveland fans clamoring for mayfield now, will get it at some point and be super disappointed..  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood